Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Poll Poll
Question: After completing your Certificate in Security Training (Multiple option voting allowed)

I felt that the level of training was sufficient to equip me for my job    
  7 (28.0%)
I did not feel that the level of training was sufficient to equip me for my job    
  9 (36.0%)
I have an understanding of the law as it applies to my job.    
  4 (16.0%)
I do not have an understanding of the law as it applies to my job.    
  1 (4.0%)
If required to restrain someone, I have been taught the appropriate method.    
  0 (0.0%)
If required to restrain someone, I have not been taught the appropriate method.    
  3 (12.0%)
I passed the examination easily because the level of training was satisfactory    
  0 (0.0%)
I had trouble passing the examination because the level of training was unsatisfactory    
  1 (4.0%)

Total votes: 25
« Created by: Administrator on: 01. Jun 2009 at 12:18 »

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Certificate Training (Read 4695 times)
Reply #7 - 14. Jun 2016 at 20:36

francuz1010   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
It is worth going the extra training, because thanks to employee increases his knowledge.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 18. Sep 2015 at 16:42

Donald Raggs   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
USA

I agreed to your point #aries2015. It is up to the individual to improve develop and maintain there own competency standards and quality of service. But training and licensing added value to them. It is better to get training and license to be a professionals.
« Last Edit: 18. Sep 2015 at 16:44 by Donald Raggs »  
IP Logged

Reply #5 - 04. Jun 2015 at 14:40

aries2015   Offline
Medium Level Contributor
Workers Unite

hi

Training and gaining a Security license is nothing more then a introduction into the Security Industry.

It is working in the field that actually gives you a realistic idea or a hands on experience to determine, if you are suited to this field or do you need to change to another one.

Some people are best suited to specific fields as they may not have the specific qualities required in other fields to cope or succeed.

There will always be work in the Security industry, but i believe it is up to the individual to improve develop and maintain there own competency standards and quality of service.

cheers 

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 06. May 2015 at 15:28

Donald Raggs   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
USA

I felt that the level of training was sufficient to equip me for security guard job but perfection always comes after experience. Anybody can be perfect after handling the real time situation at field when responsibility would be delegated.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 15. Mar 2010 at 21:04

Mr Michael   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

Sorry to be the optimist but i believe that almost all industries are the same and we should just deal with these things .... to be sufficiently qualified it would probably take years and you would need some type of Apprenticeship or mentoring from long term Workers ..... maybe eventually they will find a certain level of aptitude before letting people into the industry.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 05. Feb 2010 at 20:55

Noel   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

was not satisfied with the training, it basicly is pay the money site there for the 7--10 days get your cert then apply for licences
its the same for the RSA RCG OH&S list goes on its all a sham money for nothing for these RTO, and some wanker pubb sitting in his ivory tower trying to justify his job and pay level, i sat next to this Indian bloke who was iliterate, he was an Aussie Indian at that but had worked all his life on the family farm, he passed because he was able to do his exam verbally how does he write an incident report or keep abreast of any changes in the law or read SOPs, this bloke worked for about 2months in security then once the Xmas period was over he could not get work

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 13. Oct 2009 at 13:17

SecOps   Offline
High Level Contributor
Licensed Security Officer
NSW Australia

Training is basically a joke.

You learn from experience, that's where all my knowledge comes from (also learning from the web, SIR, police websites etc)

Guards with more experience than you are always good to annoy for stories about situations and how they handled them, so you can either learn to handle similar situations or learn from their mistakes.

IP Logged

01. Jun 2009 at 12:18

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

This Poll show the level of satisfaction of training establishments.   You can vote for more than one option.   You can leave a comment like this about your training experiences.

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print