Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Random drug and alcohol testing (Read 7094 times)
Reply #2 - 18. Nov 2015 at 10:35

zayd687   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
i didnt know crowd controllers use marijuana i would of thought they would use anabolic steroids or cocaine.. perhaps they should check for those 2 instead esp in NSW

« Last Edit: 18. Nov 2015 at 10:35 by zayd687 »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 14. Jun 2011 at 08:28

Kunta Kinte   Offline
New Contributor
Who Votes These Morons
Into office ? SHAME SHAME
S
Adelaide

In Adelaide over the 2010 Xmas and New Year a "Blitz" on nightclubs was conducted, including the club in which i was working. I provided a sample which tested positive for cannabis and was asked to provide cause as to why I should retain my license which fortunately I was able to do.

My basic defense was:

"I was not under the effect of any proscribed substance,nor do I condone the use of proscribed drugs.
The test's low confirmation level of 15 ng/ml has produced a false positive, due possibly to either passive, second hand smoke exposure or residual exposure prior to obtaining a security license."

A test of 60 ng/ml would have been more definitive as studies have shown rare subjects to test as high as 23 ng/ml from passive smoke.

As a footnote the commissioner actually charged me with being under the influence of a "PREscribed" substance  Huh

IP Logged

15. Jun 2009 at 15:00

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

The new security laws have now been in place for around three years. During that time SA Police have conducted more than 900 random drug tests and over 2400 alcohol tests on crowdcontrollers. More recently in 2008, 33 licensees failed to attend their drug test appointment or had a positive testresult. As a result, 12 licences have been cancelled. The other licences have not been cancelled for a range of reasons, including because the test results were due to the use of drugs for legitimate medical purposes or they are still being processed.

http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/assets/files/autumn_09_SI-web.pdf

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print