Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Alfio Peter Merlino convicted of Sham Contracting (Read 10077 times)
Reply #5 - 28. Jun 2019 at 20:28

ukumad   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Thank you so much for your information.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 28. Jun 2019 at 09:36

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

ukumad

I found the court decision in 2009 and made a link to it. When clicking on the link there is no webpage which means that the NSW Industrial Relations Commission has taken it down since 2009.

The name would have been correct because I would have copied it direct from the webpage.

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 28. Jun 2019 at 09:20

ukumad   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

I was a subcontractor but situation is a bit complicated. There are 3 different companies in my case and I am going to court soon.

I just want to learn about this guy.  Is the name correct?
Because I am trouble with a guy similar to this name. Maybe I know his name wrongly.
do you have advise for this?

Regards.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 27. Jun 2019 at 16:12

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

ukumad

Please read these pages of the webpage and judge for yourself what employment situation you are in:

http://ausecurityworker.com/sham_contracting.html

http://ausecurityworker.com/individual-flexibility-agreements.html

If you believe your work rights have been violated then make a complaint to the Fair Work Ombudsman: www.fairwork.gov.au

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 26. Jun 2019 at 22:42

ukumad   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

Hi Admin,

I am having the similar issue from someone and interestingly this guys may be the same guy that I am trouble with.

Anyone help?

Thanks.

IP Logged

17. Oct 2009 at 10:21

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

Alfio Peter Merlino convicted of making an unfair contract.  Security guard Rosetta Maestrale claimed remuneration less than employee would receive performing the work and contract designed to or did avoid award.  Court had to decide whether employee or independent contractor or whether award applied to applicant. Discretion of the court held contract to be unfair and ontract was designed to, and did avoid the provisions of an industrial instrument.

Court Decision: http://www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/ircjudgments/2005nswirc.nsf/0000000000000000000000...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print