Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Sargent Security (Read 97263 times)
Reply #103 - 26. Sep 2010 at 11:08

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Sargent Security (Aus) Pty Ltd seem to have two enterprise agreements in force. One for security working on constructions sites and negotiated by the CFMEU and the other for Traffic Control operators operating on construction sites, also negotiated by the CFMEU

Security: http://www.fwa.gov.au/documents/agreements/wpa/CAUN096076460.pdf

Traffic Control: http://www.fwa.gov.au/documents/agreements/wpa/CAUN096076512.pdf

The agreements are to be read in conjunction with the National Building and Construction Industry Award: http://www.fwa.gov.au/index.cfm?pagename=awardsfindnotice&awd=790741&awdprefix=A...

The only glitch in applying the enterprise agreement for security working on constructions sites is that it only applied to construction sites in NSW. See clause 3 of the agreement. This meant that it did not apply to security on the Qld Origin project or for that matter any construction site outside of NSW and to any site that is not a construction site i.e. building and shopping centre security etc. The fact that the agreement was negotiated by the CFMEU and not the LHMU is that the CFMEU must have powerful control in NSW over who works on a construction site.

Therefore anyone who works as a security officer for Sargent Security who is not employed on a construction site in NSW is covered by Modern Award the Security Services Industry Award: http://www.fwa.gov.au/documents/modern_awards/award/MA000016/default.htm Roll Eyes

If you are or were employed by Sargent Security (Aus) Pty Ltd and not employed on a construction site in NSW then check what you have been payed against the pay calculator on the website: http://ausecurityworker.com/Sec%20Serv%20Awd%20Calculator.xls

This pay rate is current from the 1 July 2010 and the penalty rates came into force on the 1 Jan 2010.

If you feel that you have been underpaid then contact Fair Work Australia: http://www.fwa.gov.au/index.cfm?pagename=headercontact Wink

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

Reply #102 - 26. Sep 2010 at 00:53

Drew   Offline
High Level Contributor
What's the best in the
world at your job doing
now
Brisbane

Ace, welcome to the forum, are you a different person to Manpower and Guards or is it the same guy. Bet all logs are from the same computer.

Ashwany, You are a poor example of how people get on here and impersonate others. I think that you are a person that is trying to impersonate an indian student and that you have made deliberate spelling mistakes to try to conceal the fact.

Tony Adam or whatever your real name is grow up.

IP Logged

Reply #101 - 25. Sep 2010 at 17:07
Ashwany   Guest

Hi all, That's right Sargent Security verey bad company and they don't
pay the guards right pay, The Gov shuld close down these companies and or check on them, Sargent Security pay cash in a hand money and us students people and give them full time 50-60 hrs /week.

IP Logged

Reply #100 - 24. Sep 2010 at 23:29

gsdqueeen   Offline
Medium Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Grin  Love it seanimac lol, and I love how guard tries to say his email was hacked.... Grin

IP Logged

Reply #99 - 24. Sep 2010 at 20:29
guards   Guest

hi all

this Is my email yes ,I don't think any body knows my email,frist how drew get my email so if drew can get my email,some one used my email to make me bad front of others ,but still I'm working with Sargent security and very happy.stop play around.

IP Logged

Reply #98 - 24. Sep 2010 at 20:16
Ace   Guest

hi drew

I'm onther guard working in th company ,we don't know why you guys talking abut our  company ,we all happy to work for Sargent security,what's your problem.

IP Logged

Reply #97 - 23. Sep 2010 at 23:43

Seaniemac   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Brisbane

Nice detective work there Drew must be a  bit quiet at c_arash place,bit bored were you mate .Ladies an gentlemen the ass clown circus is in town!   Grin Cheesy Smiley Tongue Roll Eyes Grin Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #96 - 23. Sep 2010 at 21:42

Drew   Offline
High Level Contributor
What's the best in the
world at your job doing
now
Brisbane

Guard and Manpower are both from the same email address.

C_arash@hotmail.com

Good to see that you agree with yourself...............

Nice try mate!!!! lol

IP Logged

Reply #95 - 23. Sep 2010 at 15:05

Seaniemac   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Brisbane

Well guard and manpower your relevance is equal to  your anonimity.I dont hold any grudges or even have anything to do with Sargent but as you both mentioned you have both been with the company over 3 years and as far as I can acertain Sargent have not been operating in Qld that long,so that would make you guys from Nsw originally wich could also suggest both of you may be in management anyway lot of assumptions on my behalf and I am glad you are both happy working for them.but if you were to read my posts I have not bagged or commented on Sargent specifically I have only suggested that you may have used you real names or a variation of to add CREDIBILITY to yout statements.So I think that take my post out of the "bull shits" catergory as you posted .Mate if it was my buisness I would take time to set the record straight as surely what people are posting could certainly not doing there bottom line much good! Wink

IP Logged

Reply #94 - 23. Sep 2010 at 13:44
Manpower   Guest

to all
I'm working with sargent security too for 3.5 years I always get paid on time  Grinand above the award  as guard said we are very happy with company, and don't think the owner have time to come and listen to all the bull shits.

IP Logged

Reply #93 - 22. Sep 2010 at 22:50

gsdqueeen   Offline
Medium Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Guard, If you are so happy with Sargents, then why not use your real name. I did in a post about Alldogs, when someone else was bagging them. If the company you work for is good and reputable, and your willing to stand up for that company and its integrity, then dont hide behind an alias. I dont work for AD anymore, but will still happpily stand up for them. Although I have not worked for Sergents. I have heard nothing but bad things from quite a few people who have worked for them, but Im not going to go into it here, as I have no first hand knowledge, only what Ive been told. So it does make me wonder, as Seanimac mentioned, are you an owner, someone high up in the company, or are you just not as happy as you say are?

IP Logged

Reply #92 - 22. Sep 2010 at 21:02

Seaniemac   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Brisbane

Well guard if you are happy why not give at least your first name? You could be a owner for all we know! Undecided

IP Logged

Reply #91 - 22. Sep 2010 at 19:58
guard   Guest

Hi

Again I work with Sargent security and I get paid above the award wages and I'm very happy with them and I can approved ,all you guys bull shiting abut a company we are working in it for abut 6 years ,or you guys been told from other company to do that or been sackt ,so please stop bad mouthing this company  ;D >:(

IP Logged

Reply #90 - 21. Sep 2010 at 10:48

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

Bigman

The government can stop them if you tell them about Sergeant Security and report them to the Australian Tax Office and to Fair Work Australia. Paying cash in the hand is illegal because they do not pay your income tax to the Australian Tax Office. Angry

If they are convicted of failure to pay tax by a court then the fine would be enough to put them out of business and allow the ethical security companies to survive and then you would get the right wage. The websites used to report them are at the bottom of this post. Wink

Do not complain if you are not prepared to do something about it!

Working for cash in the hand means that the record of your employment does not appear on their books. In this case you are not covered for workers compensation if you injured yourself at work. You also do not have any claim on holiday pay and sick pay. Undecided

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

Reply #89 - 19. Sep 2010 at 10:11
Bigman   Guest

I'm a security gaurd i used to work with sargent security and get $15per hour cash in a hand i worked with them beacuse i did't find a job most companies paying shit money and cash i was getting 60 hrs a week from sargent and most guards were getting same as me , we work with doggy compaines beacuse the gvernment can do na thing for them so what can we do stay at home or work and make some money to live , why the government not stop them and wahy they pay shit money. sargent security is a big doggy company i have seen and any one say no tell him sexual intercourse off, coz i used to work with them.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print