Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Sargent Security (Read 97264 times)
Reply #13 - 18. May 2010 at 22:07
Jim   Guest

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
[quote author=754E4F58210 link=1264902732/9#9 date=1273581223]Hi all, I been working as a security guard for 12 years. Now I don’t have any job because the Indian students Most of the security companies in Queensland pay them $12 or 14  Dollars cash in hand and that’s why we lost our jobs, Indian students came to QLD to study but they not they Take the security guards jobs, Taxis , Fuel Stations. And all services work.  They are not allowed to work more than 20 hours per week but most of the security companies give them 60 or 70 hours a week.  The Australian Government must do something about them, this country losing a lot of Money all the Indian students working cash in hand and they save money and send it to India. [/quote]

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 12. May 2010 at 19:44

k9handler   Offline
High Level Contributor

Same as sargent security they only have Indians working for them to. And theres is two Sargent security in Brisbane, The one that has this contract is from Sydney.

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 12. May 2010 at 19:26
Tony   Guest

Hi, k9handler. This is true Alldogs security had that contract and they lost it about two weeks a go. Alldogs security pay crap $ 21 Dollars an hour. and Sargent Security pay $ 21 Dollars an hour too. So as I said in the past most of the security Companies in QLD are Cheats. And specifically (Security International Services ) they pay crap and all  their security guards Indian students.

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 12. May 2010 at 16:18

k9handler   Offline
High Level Contributor

Alldogs security had that contract but the client was sick of finding the guards sleeping all the time. No wonder Alldogs security pay crap and treat there staff like shit. I would rather shoot myself in the head than work for them. Once the client find out what the new contractor is like they wont have it for long.

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 11. May 2010 at 22:33
Tony   Guest

Hi all, I been working as a security guard for 12 years. Now I don’t have any job because the Indian students Most of the security companies in Queensland pay them $12 or 14  Dollars cash in hand and that’s why we lost our jobs, Indian students came to QLD to study but they not they Take the security guards jobs, Taxis , Fuel Stations. And all services work.  They are not allowed to work more than 20 hours per week but most of the security companies give them 60 or 70 hours a week.  The Australian Government must do something about them, this country losing a lot of Money all the Indian students working cash in hand and they save money and send it to India.

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 11. May 2010 at 21:49
Tony   Guest

Hi all, I am a security guard and I am working for sergeant security in QLD-Ipswich Origin Alliance project- Ipswich Motorway Upgrade between Dinmore and Goodna.  Anyway I lost my job because I am not an Australian or Indian student and just me everyone how is no Australian lost he’s job.
The supervisors from Sargent security and the mobile patrol boys) are so bad with us and they are just security guards like us but they don’t respect anyone how is not Australian, they are Racism and Discrimination. So I just want to know Is Australia person's property? is not Australia is a country of freedom and everyone And the country of democracy? Every one of us has a house and children so if we don’t have any jobs what we do?

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 09. May 2010 at 19:37
Tony   Guest

:o :-/ so bad

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 22. Mar 2010 at 13:43
zenith   Guest

Anyone charging $23 per hour has to be doing a dodgy - all I can say is if you work for them dob them in !!

The companies giving them contracts at those prices should go a row as well - they know they are doing the wrong thing by the Guards.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 25. Feb 2010 at 14:46

SecOps   Offline
High Level Contributor
Licensed Security Officer
NSW Australia

NAPSA award is only $16per hour for perm part time guards for day rate, night is about 19.

Then you've got entitlements on top of that, and as seen previously a lot of companies are dodgy with this.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 25. Feb 2010 at 11:45
Looking   Guest

I have a friend who works for SGT Sec Aust. They are going in as cheap as $23 ph for casual static guards.

How can they be charging this and paying there staff correctly??  Huh

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 23. Feb 2010 at 00:34
Gary Sargent   Guest

The company you are talking about is not the Brisbane based Sargent security, as the owner of the company you desimate I can state we pay more per hour than the uninformed clown has stated and the company that has taken over wow sight and sound is a new south wales based company. We pride ourselves in paying our staff the correct money. You only have to ask our employees about this, they have been with us for 8 to 10 years plus. I would appreciate an apology or at least get your facts straight before you make a fool of yourself. You may like to know that Sargent Security has operated in Qld since 1980 and Sargent Security Aus pty ltd (NSW company) has only operated since 1998 and only in Qld for the last 2 years

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 01. Feb 2010 at 11:15

SecOps   Offline
High Level Contributor
Licensed Security Officer
NSW Australia

Typical of most companies these days :/

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 01. Feb 2010 at 06:53

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

Shabec

This company is listed as a family partnership and would normally come under the state industrial relations system but;

The Queensland Government has referred the state's industrial relations powers for the private sector to the Commonwealth with an effective date of 1 January 2010.

As from this date all employers and employees, with the exception of state and local government, will be covered by the national industrial relations system administered by the Commonwealth Government.

The Office of Fair and Safe Work Queensland, including Wageline, will no longer be providing information on industrial relations issues to private sector employers and employees.

As from 1 January 2010 all enquiries should be directed to:

Fair Work Infoline on 13 13 94
Fair Work Online website: www.fairwork.gov.au

If Sargent Security does not have an  enterprise agreement in place with its workers (and I have not found a reference to one) then the company is governed by the Security Services Industry Award 2010 with pay rates for level 1 at $15.50 per hr with a casual loading of 23%, 15% for shift work, 50% penalty rate for Saturdays and 100% penalty rate for Sundays.   These rates will rise on 1 Jul 2010.

If you are employed by this company and are being paid less than rates quoted above then make a complaint to Fair Work Australia http://www.fwo.gov.au/Make-a-complaint/pages/default.aspx

The ABN details are:
ABN: 69 775 273 167
ABN status From To
Active  14 Dec 2005 (current)
Entity names From To
G.E SARGENT & J.M SARGENT 14 Dec 2005 (current)
Entity type
Family Partnership
GST status From To
Active 01 Jan 2006 (current)
Main business locations From To
QLD 4122 16 Dec 2005 (current)
QLD 4122 14 Dec 2005 16 Dec 2005
Trading name(s) From To
SARGENT SECURITY 20 Apr 2006 (current)
J.M. SARGENT & G.E. SARGENT 14 Dec 2005 20 Apr 2006
SARGENT SECURITY 01 Jan 2006 20 Apr 2006

Queensland Security Firm Licence:
Licence number Licence Holder Licence Type Expiry Date
3239319 SARGENT SECURITY (AUS) PTY LTD SECURITY FIRM 30-06-2011

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

31. Jan 2010 at 11:52
shabec   Guest

Sargent Security took over the contract at WOW sight and sound here in brizzy paying the guards $15 per hour flat rate. They even had to have an ABN and pay thier own tax. How can anyone work for so little

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print