Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Sargent Security (Read 97260 times)
Reply #118 - 07. Aug 2012 at 10:44

Adogguy   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
These guys are now sponsoring a race car (big dollars) must be with all the money they saved ????? Wink

IP Logged

Reply #117 - 29. Dec 2010 at 15:46

davidthedogman   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Quote:
So long as the work isn't too bad and the company aren't totally dodgy pricks and/or arseholes, I would definitely prefer to be paid 'less than award' than not have a job.  Not everyone has the luxury of having 50 jobs thrown at them and having the terrible choice of deciding which one they want to take. Oh no, what a disaster. However will the poor bastard cope?

The way things are going these days with all the immigrants & international students who come over here and get their licenses out of their cornflakes packet (I had to EARN mine, I did a 3month traineeship back when I was 18), all the new government incentives to employ dole bludgers, and dodgy companies who don't even care if their guards don't speak english and sleep all night so long as they can pay them peanuts so they make obscene profits, it makes it bloody hard for the rest of us >_<

Mate you are part of the problem then.  WHY should a company pay less?  I bet they do not accept less.  The bunny in all of this is the guard.

Maybe we need a few less players, there is an award, you get paid by that then you are happy, no problems, if YOU accept less then you are the problem, not the company.  JOIN the Union stand strong.

Dave   Cool

IP Logged

Reply #116 - 29. Dec 2010 at 14:41

davidthedogman   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Quote:
K9 handler, you are the biggest twit. You have never worked for Alldogs, how the hell would you know anything bout them. Grow a pair, and work for a company before you start defaming them. And yes my dear, it IS DEFAMATION! Did you ever consider that maybe we worked for that price, because we liked the company. I have been a guard for ten years, and never have i seen a more misinformed person than you. The company i now work for, pays me $21 an hour. They are a world renowned company, would you like to start bagging them too. Oops, thats right. you would if i gave you a name,  because you seem very good at bagging the poop out of companies you've never worked for. I hate that the indians are thieving our jobs too, and i could really defame a few companies at the same time, but Im not that stupid.

Where does $21.00 per hour sit with the award?  Is it below what is meant to be paid by law?  I think what K9 is getting at is, the more Officers accept the lower money, the harder it is to make a living.

Dave

IP Logged

Reply #115 - 29. Dec 2010 at 11:49

davidthedogman   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Quote:
Well, how i do love an anonymous dig at somebody. How hard hitting of you to make remarks and not leave your name.

As you are obviously a superior K9 handler of unparalled ability one would think you would be proud to have your say and back it up with your credentials.

Please feel free to upload a scanned copy of your payslip as i would like to see your hourly rate?

'So Matt you still with alldogs or did you get the flick to? Or you a supervisor to with sargents now and sneak up on staff like you did with alldogs. Or you still with alldogs with un trained dogs that are pets and on the back seat of a car? And is Jamie still training cattle dogs like the pipe line?'

Matt has at times been forced to attend sites to check on guards, this was to ensure staff compliance to the procedures outlined in the contract with clients. The reason behind this is simple:

NO ONE IS EMPLOYED OTHERWISE.  

The outlook of your friends that have worked for alldogs with nothing nice to say is no doubt based on this:
1. They were the shit guards (that forced supervisors to patrol)
2. They were unable to pass the basic handling skills set out at training and became disgruntled.
3. They were perhaps fired for incompetence.

As for not having anything nice to say about Matt, Jamie or Scott- please have your friends include myself in this group as i would hate to have any form of interaction with a group of peers that rather than effect some form of study or career progression, would spend time whining like six year old bitch with a skinned knee on an internet forum.

Where is it that you work? Who are you? Where are you going in your highly paid career?

I have been with Alldogs for 10 years. I was the first Handler on the SRWPA job. I have watched the endless cycle of shit guards come and go. Mostly go.

I have never seen a cattle dog on the pipeline project and i attended almost all training days. I was so well paid that i bought a house in the first year of being on the SRWPA due to the penalties and dog allowance.

Your opinion is that of a complete nobody. Thanks though. Tosser.

Marcus McIvor.

Hello Marcus, mate just a question.  Why would Scott keep employing the dead wood?

Does alldogs not have a selection criteria to cut the B.S from the competent.

Now I would like to state I have never worked for alldogs, but have known Scott as a casual acquaintance for over a decade,he actually gave me some of the best advice I ever had.

I have attended one of their training sessions @ berrinba on a rainy morning and found all doggies whom attended, had no ego's all K9's were very impressive and the training staff highly motivated.

I did work my dog that morning and was picked up on a handling error on my art, we fixed it on the day.

I am not aware of the business practices of said company, and only comment from what I have seen.

Dave

IP Logged

Reply #114 - 14. Nov 2010 at 02:10

gsdqueeen   Offline
Medium Level Contributor
Workers Unite

so very true Drew, the basic principle of Cover your own butt comes to mind.....

IP Logged

Reply #113 - 03. Nov 2010 at 22:41

Drew   Offline
High Level Contributor
What's the best in the
world at your job doing
now
Brisbane

You are correct Administrator but please be very careful and exercise due care in recommending this.

Companies can decide to mount a defence against libel or slander and it could cause the individual the time, effort and money defending himself against an organisation. I would let people know to tread carefully in jumping in with rumors as it could blow up in their face.

I worry sometimes that put up against a crafty barrister you could be made to feel (and look) that you are misleading or lying and this could put people in hot water.

I check and recheck all information that i put on this forum and have always got the proof to back up any claim, just to be prepared for the time that i find what i say to be challenged in a court of law.

Drew

IP Logged

Reply #112 - 03. Nov 2010 at 19:39

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

Seaniemac

Defamation of character is the communication of false information stated as a fact which brings harm to an individual or an entity. For it to be defamation, the statement must be delivered in speech or in writing to at least one person other than the victim. Libel is the defamation of an individual's or an entity's character which is published in a written medium. There are a number of possible defenses against libel and slander, but the only one which is an absolute defense is truth. If the statement is true, it cannot be considered libel or slander. Wink

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

Reply #111 - 03. Nov 2010 at 18:53

Seaniemac   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Brisbane

Plenty in the closet but words like sueing Seaniemac for liable and slander come to mind   Tongue

IP Logged

Reply #110 - 02. Nov 2010 at 22:56
Brendan   Guest

these comments will from the staff at Sargent security head office the owner Ben etc it sure as hell wouldn't be from the guards they hold one weeks pay from the guards when you first start with them and u then get paid every 3 weeks not 2 weeks as per the QLD Award

sorry need to vent as still pissed about this company

Brendan  Shocked

IP Logged

Reply #109 - 02. Nov 2010 at 22:48
Brendan   Guest

rumour is now Sargent Security are shutting down the QLD Office they will run everything out of Sydney. they are really pissed off with the state manager cause he is standing up for the guards and was trying to stop the crap. all the guards need to stand up to companies doing the wrong thing. take stories like Sargent Security to the news companies
making guards go on ABN and only paying them 14.00 an hour then using students putting them on the books for the "20"hrs then giving them cash after that or the best rumour is Halim making the guards pay him $2.00 an hour out of there wage to work for the company.
the Indian guards who worked at Origin Alliance site at redbank used to talk about that all the time. they were always told to go to the police but halim would threaten them.
it suxs are there any good companies out there anymore.

Brendan Shocked

IP Logged

Reply #108 - 01. Nov 2010 at 22:07

Drew   Offline
High Level Contributor
What's the best in the
world at your job doing
now
Brisbane

The plot gets deeper and deeper for Sargent Security.

Come on guys, anything else in Sargent's Closet

IP Logged

Reply #107 - 01. Nov 2010 at 22:05

Drew   Offline
High Level Contributor
What's the best in the
world at your job doing
now
Brisbane

Re: interesting article out of the US
Reply #2 - Today at 16:26      Also don't work for sargent security i repeatedly asked for pay slips to halim in the office. and i was told next week i'll get them. i was told not to go to the state manager if i did i wouldn't be allowed to get anymore work. i spoke to the payroll guy at head office in sydney and never got anywhere with them. i have since left the company and have gone to fair work. halim tells all the guards he is the boss in QLD and i had to go on a ABN even though i filled out the TFN paperwork i have also been in contact with the super the company was paying money into and they don't have my name on file.
the state manager has been trying to do the right thing by the guards but is always over rid by halim i feel now that cause he has been doing the right thing he won't be there much longer sargent security will just get rid of him as well.

Brendan   

Posted by Brendon on another post

IP Logged

Reply #106 - 02. Oct 2010 at 09:49

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

Reply #105 - 30. Sep 2010 at 15:06

Seaniemac   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Brisbane

They should be in the entertainment buisness because their dam funny!Any of you guys want to PM me I give you the number of a good agent his specialty area is circus acts notably ass clowns.Hey Drew maybe you should have posted straight after your last post and thanked yourself for the last post.  Grin  Wink  Smiley  Cheesy  Roll Eyes  Cool

IP Logged

Reply #104 - 30. Sep 2010 at 02:02

Drew   Offline
High Level Contributor
What's the best in the
world at your job doing
now
Brisbane

This forum is getting funnier by the minute. In one corner we have "Guard" and "Manpower" that have the same email saying how good Sargent is and in the other corner we have "Bigman" and "Ashwany" that have the same email address saying how bad Sargent is.

You know boys that you can get your point across quite well without agreeing with yourself.....................lol

IP Logged

Reply #103 - 26. Sep 2010 at 11:08

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

Sargent Security (Aus) Pty Ltd seem to have two enterprise agreements in force.   One for security working on constructions sites and negotiated by the CFMEU and the other for Traffic Control operators operating on construction sites, also negotiated by the CFMEU

Security: http://www.fwa.gov.au/documents/agreements/wpa/CAUN096076460.pdf

Traffic Control:  http://www.fwa.gov.au/documents/agreements/wpa/CAUN096076512.pdf

The agreements are to be read in conjunction with the National Building and Construction Industry Award: http://www.fwa.gov.au/index.cfm?pagename=awardsfindnotice&awd=790741&awdprefix=A...

The only glitch in applying the enterprise agreement for security working on constructions sites is that it only applied to construction sites in NSW. See clause 3 of the agreement.   This meant that it did not apply to security on the Qld Origin project or for that matter any construction site outside of NSW and to any site that is not a construction site i.e. building and shopping centre security etc.   The fact that the agreement was negotiated by the CFMEU and not the LHMU is that the CFMEU must have powerful control in NSW over who works on a construction site.

Therefore anyone who works as a security officer for Sargent Security who is not employed on a construction site in NSW is covered by Modern Award the Security Services Industry Award:  http://www.fwa.gov.au/documents/modern_awards/award/MA000016/default.htm   Roll Eyes

If you are or were employed by Sargent Security (Aus) Pty Ltd and not employed on a construction site in NSW then check what you have been payed against the pay calculator on the website:  http://ausecurityworker.com/Sec%20Serv%20Awd%20Calculator.xls

This pay rate is current from the 1 July 2010 and the penalty rates came into force on the 1 Jan 2010.

If you feel that you have been underpaid then contact Fair Work Australia:  http://www.fwa.gov.au/index.cfm?pagename=headercontact  Wink

IP Logged

Reply #102 - 26. Sep 2010 at 00:53

Drew   Offline
High Level Contributor
What's the best in the
world at your job doing
now
Brisbane

Ace, welcome to the forum, are you a different person to Manpower and Guards or is it the same guy. Bet all logs are from the same computer.

Ashwany, You are a poor example of how people get on here and impersonate others. I think that you are a person that is trying to impersonate an indian student and that you have made deliberate spelling mistakes to try to conceal the fact.

Tony Adam or whatever your real name is grow up.

IP Logged

Reply #101 - 25. Sep 2010 at 17:07
Ashwany   Guest

Hi all, That's right Sargent Security verey bad company and they don't
pay the guards right pay, The Gov shuld close down these companies and or check on them, Sargent Security pay cash in a hand money and us students people and give them full time 50-60 hrs /week.

IP Logged

Reply #100 - 24. Sep 2010 at 23:29

gsdqueeen   Offline
Medium Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Grin  Love it seanimac lol, and I love how guard tries to say his email was hacked.... Grin

IP Logged

Reply #99 - 24. Sep 2010 at 20:29
guards   Guest

hi all

this Is my email yes ,I don't think any body knows my email,frist how drew get my email so if drew can get my email,some one used my email to make me bad front of others ,but still I'm working with Sargent security and very happy.stop play around.

IP Logged

Reply #98 - 24. Sep 2010 at 20:16
Ace   Guest

hi drew

I'm onther guard working in th company ,we don't know why you guys talking abut our  company ,we all happy to work for Sargent security,what's your problem.

IP Logged

Reply #97 - 23. Sep 2010 at 23:43

Seaniemac   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Brisbane

Nice detective work there Drew must be a  bit quiet at c_arash place,bit bored were you mate .Ladies an gentlemen the ass clown circus is in town!   Grin Cheesy Smiley Tongue Roll Eyes Grin Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #96 - 23. Sep 2010 at 21:42

Drew   Offline
High Level Contributor
What's the best in the
world at your job doing
now
Brisbane

Guard and Manpower are both from the same email address.

C_arash@hotmail.com

Good to see that you agree with yourself...............

Nice try mate!!!! lol

IP Logged

Reply #95 - 23. Sep 2010 at 15:05

Seaniemac   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Brisbane

Well guard and manpower your relevance is equal to  your anonimity.I dont hold any grudges or even have anything to do with Sargent but as you both mentioned you have both been with the company over 3 years and as far as I can acertain Sargent have not been operating in Qld that long,so that would make you guys from Nsw originally wich could also suggest both of you may be in management anyway lot of assumptions on my behalf and I am glad you are both happy working for them.but if you were to read my posts I have not bagged or commented on Sargent specifically I have only suggested that you may have used you real names or a variation of to add CREDIBILITY to yout statements.So I think that take my post out of the "bull shits" catergory as you posted .Mate if it was my buisness I would take time to set the record straight as surely what people are posting could certainly not doing there bottom line much good! Wink

IP Logged

Reply #94 - 23. Sep 2010 at 13:44
Manpower   Guest

to all
I'm working with sargent security too for 3.5 years I always get paid on time  Grinand above the award  as guard said we are very happy with company, and don't think the owner have time to come and listen to all the bull shits.

IP Logged

Reply #93 - 22. Sep 2010 at 22:50

gsdqueeen   Offline
Medium Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Guard, If you are so happy with Sargents, then why not use your real name. I did in a post about Alldogs, when someone else was bagging them. If the company you work for is good and reputable, and your willing to stand up for that company and its integrity, then dont hide behind an alias. I dont work for AD anymore, but will still happpily stand up for them. Although I have not worked for Sergents. I have heard nothing but bad things from quite a few people who have worked for them, but Im not going to go into it here, as I have no first hand knowledge, only what Ive been told. So it does make me wonder, as Seanimac mentioned, are you an owner, someone high up in the company, or are you just not as happy as you say are?

IP Logged

Reply #92 - 22. Sep 2010 at 21:02

Seaniemac   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Brisbane

Well guard if you are happy why not give at least your first name? You could be a owner for all we know! Undecided

IP Logged

Reply #91 - 22. Sep 2010 at 19:58
guard   Guest

Hi

Again I work with Sargent security and I get paid above the award wages and I'm very happy with them and I can approved ,all you guys bull shiting abut a company we are working in it for abut 6 years ,or you guys been told from other company to do that or been sackt ,so please stop bad mouthing this company  ;D >:(

IP Logged

Reply #90 - 21. Sep 2010 at 10:48

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

Bigman

The government can stop them if you tell them about Sergeant Security and report them to the Australian Tax Office and to Fair Work Australia.   Paying cash in the hand is illegal because they do not pay your income tax to the Australian Tax Office. Angry

If they are convicted of failure to pay tax by a court then the fine would be enough to put them out of business and allow the ethical security companies to survive and then you would get the right wage.   The websites used to report them are at the bottom of this post. Wink

Do not complain if you are not prepared to do something about it!

Working for cash in the hand means that the record of your employment does not appear on their books.   In this case you are not covered for workers compensation if you injured yourself at work.   You also do not have any claim on holiday pay and sick pay. Undecided

IP Logged

Reply #89 - 19. Sep 2010 at 10:11
Bigman   Guest

I'm a security gaurd i used to work with sargent security and get $15per hour cash in a hand i worked with them beacuse i did't find a job most companies paying shit money and cash i was getting 60 hrs a week from sargent and most guards were getting same as me , we work with doggy compaines beacuse the gvernment can do na thing for them so what can we do stay at home or work and make some money to live , why the government not stop them and wahy they pay shit money. sargent security is a big doggy company i have seen and any one say no tell him sexual intercourse off, coz i used to work with them.

IP Logged

Reply #88 - 18. Sep 2010 at 07:23

Seaniemac   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Brisbane

Just a clarification,"What the"probably copped what is rare from me a personal attack and it was only due to myself logging on and seeing that he had atacked 2 seperate forum members anonoumsly.I would have reacted this way to anyone no matter what the user name or section in wich they were posting .I too have no gripes with Sargent guards in fact a very good friend of mine will be out of work when they finish up the Origin Alliance site.Rather than attack I probably Should have defended them whilst I do not know Drew that well I have always found his input logical and positive and after having a quite brew with a friend last night who was with Alldogs for a very long time have found out that Gsd Queen(Nicole) is a very good guard.It is hard sometimes for us to not get bogged down in the bitchiness of the industry and realised that only recently (although I used to pride myself on not being like this)I myself have become a bit cynical and stopped being as positive as I used to be.After a recent phonecall with someone I hung up and thought I probably came across the same way as the people I try not to be like!Hopefully This forum will continue change for the positive through constructive posts and logical debate really I gave "What the" what he was looking for a reaction.To me there is no better feeling than sitting on the back of my ute with my dog wtching the staff role in  knowing that although they dont really realize the reason they can return to work is because we did our job last night.And positive focus is what I will try to maintain(My new mantra)Anyway sorry for the rant stay safe all. Wink

IP Logged

Reply #87 - 18. Sep 2010 at 01:54

Drew   Offline
High Level Contributor
What's the best in the
world at your job doing
now
Brisbane

Thanks Seaniemac, but I was a bit uncaring with my comments and deserved the backlash.

I am sorry "What The" if you are one of the good guards that work on the Origin project, if you are then I hope that you will be persued by the new company.

My comments are not directed to the unfortunate guards that are caught in the middle when contracts are lost. It is a tough time if you lose your job with the uncertainty that comes into your life with stability and financial security. "What The" if you are one of these people then i can understand that you would want to lash out at me.

My comments are not towards the local management of Sergent Security. From what  I have heard they are good people who are just trying to earn a living and are decent operational people.

My comments are to the clowns that have caused the whole mess that is happening.

If you tell a company that you do not subcontract and then subcontract then you have to face the consequence of your actions.

If you quote a job and you can not do the job for the price that you quote then you have to face the consequences.

If you try to work off an agreement that is not appliciable to the State which is what Sergent does then you have to face the consequences.

Sergent's legal agreement that they do have is the following
Sargent Security (Aus) Pty Ltd CFMEU Enterprise Agreement 2009-2011 Agreement Number AC323414

Paragraph 3D States that the agreement is only appliciable in NSW only.

"What The" I don't know much but I have learnt a little bit more than some......................

IP Logged

Reply #86 - 17. Sep 2010 at 09:37

Seaniemac   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Brisbane

Gee "What the" another anonomious poster easy to attack someone else from behind a alias hey mate.I dont disagree with a guard not giving his name when stating a factual (from his point of veiw anyway)opinion especially if he still works for that company.But basically mate you just proved what is called in certain circles what a 50 foot hero you are .And before you respond I personally have not met Drew and have no stake or interest in Pride Security but just get a bit miffed when the faceless ones personally attack someone .In my opinion you just make yourself look like a Ass Clown in a public forum. Angry

IP Logged

Reply #85 - 16. Sep 2010 at 20:35

Drew   Offline
High Level Contributor
What's the best in the
world at your job doing
now
Brisbane

Welcome "What The", I actually don't need to know much in relation to this project. But I could inform you that I know a few things.

Probably a little bit more than you think!

To be quite honest it does not effect me, I am not involved in the contract.

I admit that Pride would not take on a contract of this magnitude.

From my estimates the contract at Origin Alliance based on the current roster and resources should be valued at approximately $5.3million per annum + GST.

This would require a cashflow (based on the 90day arrangement of payment terms for the project) of approx $1.35million in order to take on this project, something not may companies could take on unless they are hocked to the hilt or they have sold all their debtors to a finance agency (something that is a disaster waiting to happen).

A project like this can break 80% of companies that operate in Queensland. You do a good job you set yourself up for a future of providing security for pretty much all infrastructure projects in Queensland. If you stuff up you might as well pack up and leave the building.

I don't try to atest to say that i have the funds or ability to be able to take on a project like this. It was a big risk, hey they rolled their dice and came up craps........

IP Logged

Reply #84 - 16. Sep 2010 at 19:12

What_the   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

Ah Drew what the hell would you bloody know hmmmmmm Pride do i say more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Reply #83 - 13. Sep 2010 at 12:08

Drew   Offline
High Level Contributor
What's the best in the
world at your job doing
now
Brisbane

Think there is a bit going on at Origin Alliance with Sergent Security, later mail is that the end of month could not come quick enough. Something about Collective agreements that are not legal to be used in Queensland, that were being used losing a motza if they are forced to pay as per award.

Unfortunately it is another example of a rogue Sydney company trying to perfrom dodgy dealings in Queensland.

This should end their venture into Queensland.

IP Logged

Reply #82 - 28. Jul 2010 at 17:14
tired   Guest

Thank you for the clarification.

IP Logged

Reply #81 - 28. Jul 2010 at 12:54
Guard   Guest

Mate,the company doing the Ipswich motorway.

IP Logged

Reply #80 - 27. Jul 2010 at 17:29
tired   Guest

Wich Sargent there are two companys trading under this name in Qld. Huh

IP Logged

Reply #79 - 26. Jul 2010 at 18:04
guard   Guest

hi all

abut this mater ,im working with sargent security for abut 5 years and onther 30 guard i know they working for this company we always geting paid above the award wages,and on time ,now some guys coming on this site and talking,we all geting betwen $21 to $28 monday to friday.all this guys talking abut this company 100% dont know the company very well.

IP Logged

Reply #78 - 24. Jul 2010 at 14:25
zenith   Guest

Call Fair Work Ombudsman 13 13 94

IP Logged

Reply #77 - 19. Jul 2010 at 17:08
I QUIT   Guest

yeh I will defn. for sure..they will loose this contract soon. They have no respect for anyone. they guy running the Brisbane office, Halim, doesn't even have  manners to talk. He still believe that he will get away with this.. just waiting for my salary to come in then I will go from there. Till the time have to find a suitable job too. Will keep informing.

IP Logged

Reply #76 - 19. Jul 2010 at 09:34
tired   Guest

Mate if what you have stated is true dont just quit report them to the authorities,they should not be allowed to get away with this. Angry

IP Logged

Reply #75 - 18. Jul 2010 at 23:10
I QUIT   Guest

Guys I got something funny to tell you all. My name is sunny and I am an Indian, I have been working for different companies from past year and a half. Because of my dedication and commitment towards work, I worked as incharge for different events in crowd controlling and static for many companies. I lived in Gold coast and just moved to Brisbane, so I thought I will join something permanent, I joined Sargent securities assuming to be paid good according to my experience and work. BUT I got a surprise on second shift that I am going to get paid like my other Indian friend and that is $15/HR :o, people were yelling at each other on radio, playing music is common and on top of that u got these rates.. I woke up 3 in the morning to go to work but now when I knew that I am going to get that shit in my account, I feel EMBARRASSED and ashamed to work for those guys and not respecting my efforts to put on right direction and for right people. So I QUIT. I went to the supervisor and explained her that I can't and should not work for these rates coz we have to learn to say NO to these Idiots. anyone any queries feel free to call 0411759520.

IP Logged

Reply #74 - 30. Jun 2010 at 15:50

RAM Training Services   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

If you are getting paid under the award minimum, I would encourage you to contact Fair Work.  You should at least receive back-pay for the work you have done.

These types of companies make it extremely difficult for legitimate companies to operate - not to mention the guards that obviously aren't valued by their employer.

Our sister company, RAM Security Australia, employs guards to work at licensed venues in Brisbane and the Gold Coast, at a minimum flat rate of $26ph (as per our Collective Agreement).  We find that this is higher than most companies, which unfortunately means we need a higher charge-out rate as well - but it also means we are employing quality guards.

While it is a quiet time of year for crowd control work, we do employ guards regularly as we are continuously growing in size - so if you're looking for work in Brisbane, Gold Coast or Northern NSW, please email your resume to: admin@ramss.com.au

RAM Training Services

IP Logged

Reply #73 - 22. Jun 2010 at 12:48

gsdqueeen   Offline
Medium Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Re "I know the truth"... Mate, you know didly squat. there arwe a couple of ex alldogs staff working for sargents in supervisory roles, at least one has worked on origin sites. Also at least one or two other guards now working for sargents were also working for companies alldogs subcontracted origin sites too.No, they are not in senior roles, but still worked on origin sites. I myself am an ex alldogs supervisor, and was offered a supervisory role with sargents, but I declined, only because i have a job as a handler elsewhere. So mate, you really need to get your facts right before you open your mouth and shoot it off. Though i must say, asides from annoying me, the misinformed people on here certainly crack me up, you guys are showing how unintelligent you are and opening yourselves up to redicule and critisism by posting misinformed crap on here. Seriously, check your facts, dont rely on heresay or rumors or such from other people. It just makes you look stupid when its wrong.

IP Logged

Reply #72 - 18. Jun 2010 at 20:29

mkk9   Offline
Casual Contributor
Licenced Security Officer/
K9 handler

Quote:
"Sargents Security have employed a number of guards that Alldogs had previously terminated and has promoted them to Supervisory roles within the company".  
What a load of horse poop ! there are no X alldogs staff from the road works re employed by sargents in ANY superviser position .
yet again another example of some one placing thier mouth into gear before their  Lips Sealed mind 

Ok whoever you are hiding behind a silly made up name. You are the person that has placed your mouth into gear before your brain. I will not mention the two persons names but two of Sargents Supervisors have previously worked for Alldogs, and one even worked on the Origin Project.
Maybe if you think you know so much you should ring me up and ask me who the people are and i will tell you.

IP Logged

Reply #71 - 16. Jun 2010 at 10:10
I know the truth   Guest

"Sargents Security have employed a number of guards that Alldogs had previously terminated and has promoted them to Supervisory roles within the company". 
What a load of horse poop ! there are no X alldogs staff from the road works re employed by sargents in ANY superviser position .
yet again another example of some one placing thier mouth into gear before their  Lips Sealed mind

IP Logged

Reply #70 - 24. May 2010 at 20:06
Yannis   Guest

Here here Mat.

John Tari
Former Employee - All Dogs
And would be again.

IP Logged

Reply #69 - 24. May 2010 at 17:42

mkk9   Offline
Casual Contributor
Licenced Security Officer/
K9 handler

k9handler wrote on 21. May 2010 at 20:35:
And Matt I worked for TJS

K9handler, are you hiding?? I wonder why???

You have chosen to get on this forum and discredit a company full of workers that you know nothing about by posting unverified facts and rumors’. You have stated that you have never worked for Alldogs and would rather shoot yourself in the head than work for us.  Let’s, for a minute take a look at a company that you worked for.

A company that you have previously stated, pay guards a flat rate of $20 p/hr to Abn holders and deduct an amount every fortnight to cover insurance. I am not 100% sure but I don’t think this is legal. This company also was removed from a contract for trading without a Security Firms License, not to mention the fact that this company was ordered by the Fair Work Ombudsman to pay former employee’s their entitlements. This company now sub contracts to Sargents Security, and are still paying their employee’s at the same low sub contract rate.

Why is there not a thread on this company??????

Getting back onto the topic of Sargents Security. A fair question to ask is how Sargents Security can win a government contract with their unfair wage rates.  Obviously the government procurement personnel have overlooked the company’s practices an also overlooked what it takes to pay an award wage within the Security Industry. Do I think this is fair…….. No I do not.

Finally k9handler while you sit there in your so called high paying government job, hiding behind your computer and grasping at the straws that Kate McIvor is holding above your head, you should take a moment to ponder this;

Not a single thing that you have said in this thread has any truth to it. Myself and other Alldogs staff members current or past will be happy to debate with you at any time.

Mat Kenny
Security Operations Coordinator
Alldogs Security

IP Logged

Reply #68 - 24. May 2010 at 14:22
Tired   Guest

Admin is right if they are thieves or worse report them if they sham contract report them.Personally I have worked for all dogs and have found them to be very upfront ,I found a couple of other guards that worked for them that I didint like but thats life I dont like every one that lives in my street either but I still live here.Also guys if you work for a company and you think you are worth more ask for more money or better conditions ,the worse they can say is no.Lets concentrate more on getting companys like the one this thread started about out of Qld and preferably out of buisness.A lot of good guards that were working at WOW sight sound also lost their jobs because of the and their undercutting.UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL never truer words were spoken lets stop the name calling and the in fighting and show or proffesionalism and stick together and try and fix serious problems.Please excuse typos I just hoped off a plane after a 12 hour flight. Cool

IP Logged

Reply #67 - 24. May 2010 at 10:59

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

If someone picked your pocket and took your wallet in the street you would go straight to the nearest police station and report it because you knew what the pickpocket did was against the law.

If you knew of someone who pickpocketed and you had some proof, you would report him to the law, because one less pickpocket means there is less chance of you being pickpocketed and you would be doing society a favour. Angry

If you are working for a company and you found out they were paying below award rates you would report them to Fair Work Australia, because what the company is doing is against Industrial Laws.  Angry

If you knew of a company that was paying under award rates and there was some evidence of this you should report them to Fair Work Australia.   You would do this because one less company paying below award rates means that the honest companies can tender for contracts at the right price and pay their workers the correct award rate. Angry

The same goes for those companies who are trying to sub contract you to do work which is deemed as doing employed work i.e. they tell you when to start and stop work, they tell you what uniform to wear etc. Angry

You lose out because you are stuck with having to pay your tax at tax time and the headaches that entails, have no accrued holiday or sick pay, are not covered for public liability and could loose your assets if you do something stupid and cause damage or injury to others.   You are not covered for worker's compensation and would have to foot the bills if injured at work.  Under law the contractor has to pay the sub-contactor's superannuation payments but most companies do not.

If you are employed as a sub-contractor, most probably it is a sham contract and against the law.   Report them to Fair Work Australia  Wink

Go to: http://www.fwo.gov.au/Make-a-complaint/pages/default.aspx

The same goes for those companies who are paying cash-in-hand.   Report them to the Australian Tax Office because this is another ploy for the unscupulous company to cut costs and under cut the honest companies.  Wink

Go to: http://www.ato.gov.au/corporate/pathway.asp?pc=001/001/008&mfp=001&mnu=36388#001...

If a company is employing students on a visa and employing them for more than 20 hours a week then report them to the Immigration Department.  Wink  The 20 hr rule is there so that the student can earn some income while studying but not take Australian resident's jobs.   They give the student more than 20 hrs a week and the student accepts it.   Having done that, both parties have broken the law but the employer extorts the student by threatening to report the student to the Immigration Department and  the student fears he will lose his visa.   The student is then at the mercy of the employer who can dictate what wages and conditions the student works under. Angry

Go to:http://www.immi.gov.au/managing-australias-borders/compliance/staying-legally/do...

IP Logged

Reply #66 - 24. May 2010 at 09:27
Quinn   Guest

So long as the work isn't too bad and the company aren't totally dodgy pricks and/or arseholes, I would definitely prefer to be paid 'less than award' than not have a job.  Not everyone has the luxury of having 50 jobs thrown at them and having the terrible choice of deciding which one they want to take. Oh no, what a disaster. However will the poor bastard cope?

The way things are going these days with all the immigrants & international students who come over here and get their licenses out of their cornflakes packet (I had to EARN mine, I did a 3month traineeship back when I was 18), all the new government incentives to employ dole bludgers, and dodgy companies who don't even care if their guards don't speak english and sleep all night so long as they can pay them peanuts so they make obscene profits, it makes it bloody hard for the rest of us >_<

IP Logged

Reply #65 - 24. May 2010 at 07:03

Ex-Security2011   Offline
High Level Contributor

Any employer who pays below award is still shit  Tongue

IP Logged

Reply #64 - 23. May 2010 at 23:25
nicole   Guest

So true Billy, I agree, You find out that sort of detail before taking a job, so if you dont like it, dont accept it. you always have a choice...

IP Logged

Reply #63 - 23. May 2010 at 16:06
billy   Guest

re:wage debate..when you apply for a job you should know or find out pay rates and entitlements if its not to your satisfaction go elsewhere for employment noones breaking your arm to take the job.your response may very well be theres not many jobs around so you have no choice imagine how hard its gonna be when the ombudsmen destroys all the little companies whom i might add some pay well above the award rates untill now they may not have paid overtime rates or penalty rates but you know this when you take the job.it maybe a different story if a company is charging higher rates for weekends and public holidays and not paying their gaurds for this.the biggets loser in all this will be the clients who will be forced to hire a large company for security services and get minimal customer services...this is just my view as a worker in the industry in QLD..whats your view?

IP Logged

Reply #62 - 23. May 2010 at 12:12

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

The Aggregate houly wage for Level 2, which incorporates dog handlers, in Queensland doing a 4 on 4 off shift over the 8 week cycle is $23.85.   This incorporates all penalties for weekends and shift penalties, 4hr overtime per week along with allowances for public holidays.

The dog handler is also entitled to an allowance

"An employee in Queensland required to own, maintain and use a dog in the course of their duties shall be fully reimbursed by the Employer for all expenses or paid in lieu thereof an allowance of 10 per cent of the standard weekly rate per week."

Use the pay calculator at:

http://ausecurityworker.com/Sec%20Serv%20Awd%20Calculator.xls

to work out how your wage varies with what is award rate.

These figures will increase dramatically on the 1 Jul 2010 when wage increases are incorporated.

IP Logged

Reply #61 - 23. May 2010 at 10:08

SecOps   Offline
High Level Contributor
Licensed Security Officer
NSW Australia

You guys should all come work in NSW, our award entitles us to $16/hr day shift and $19/hr nightshift. I've since moved to the clubs nsw award and its a little bit less.

I think Yannis however won the thread with the grasping at straws comment.

IP Logged

Reply #60 - 22. May 2010 at 10:13
Quinn   Guest

I wasn't even going to bother getting involved in this, but I'll add my 5c...

I worked for Alldogs for about 8mths, and in comparison to a lot of other companies I've worked for (in 2 different states), found them to be pretty good. Their standard of training offered for their K9 Handlers was the best I've experienced. So what if they only pay $21/hr? They pay other allowances that most other companies on flat rates don't. $21/hr isn't the best I've ever been paid, but it certainly isn't the worst, either! They worked with me to put me on a roster that I was happy with, I had minimal stuff-arounds with shifts being changed, and I am always happy to be patrolled / checked up on, it makes the night go faster and it's great to know there's backup not far away if you need it.

But hey, in the end, if you want to sprout gossip and heresay, it'll come back to bite you in the arse one day... and just remember:

Arguing on the Internets is like competing in the special olympics - even if you win, you're still retarded...

IP Logged

Reply #59 - 21. May 2010 at 22:55
nicole   Guest

quote author=6E727577752C221A0 link=1264902732/57#57 date=1274445266]But at the end the of the day who cares? I dont live in QLD any more  [/quote] With regard to wages, I dont care if its better or not. At the end of the day, Id rather work for $21 and be happy, then working for more an not be happy, Ive been in that position too. If you dont live here, or even care, then why sprout all the crap you have been.  Ive lived in other states, and its not too different state to state. If youve found a well paid job that you love, then good for you. You've made this personal with the stuff you've been saying, and then when the heat gets turned up and we all start defending our company and ourselves in some cases, you get all, well i dont care anyways... Next time you want to bag Alldogs, i suggest you come work for them first. See things for how they really are, not rely on some gossip or hearsay. Because you'll find that the ones who bag the company, are the ones who have prob did the wrong thing and got caught. Just my opinion. Be professional or at the very least, respectful... dont bag the crap out of anyone or any company on a public forum that you know nothing factual about. State facts, not hearsay, or gossip, or rumors

IP Logged

Reply #58 - 21. May 2010 at 22:46
Marcus McIvor   Guest

Find an industry that doesn't have a wage complaint......

I agree wages should be better. So should every industry....

IP Logged

Reply #57 - 21. May 2010 at 22:34

k9handler   Offline
High Level Contributor

Never worked at alldogs I did live in bris for 18 months and trained with some guys on the north side and they had nothing nice to say.
But at the end the of the day who cares? I dont live in QLD any more because of the money its crap dont you think it could be better.

IP Logged

Reply #56 - 21. May 2010 at 22:25
nicole   Guest

wow k9, you must know a lot of alldogs staff to know as much as you do about people. I reckon you have worked for them, and are too gutless to admit it. Either that, or your partner worked for them. You know a little too much to pass off as hearsay or gossip. Why dont you grow a pair, and reveal your identity. I must say, its been highly amusing reading your misinformed info about alldogs, and its guards. You know, one of the things they teach you in security is never assume, and never rely on hearsay. It'll get you in trouble an make you look like an idiot, and if you really have never worked for alldogs, then thats what your doing. DUH!!!! I also take offence to you calling our dogs untrained, or house pets. My dogs are trained guard dogs, im sure the police, where my bitch is from, would love having their dogs referred to as pets.... Gee, but i guess being such a great handler, you would have a dog from a police bloodline too.... Also Jamie is a fantastic trainer, and unless youve trained with him, you shouldnt be offering your opinion. Your complaining about Marcus personally attacking you... what the hell do you think your doing? having a picnic in the park. Your attacking a company you CLAIM to have never worked for, and people you have never met or worked with, assuming your telling the truth about not working for Alldogs

IP Logged

Reply #55 - 21. May 2010 at 22:24
Marcus McIvor   Guest

So gossiping...... like a hairdresser.

Without any firsthand information.

IP Logged

Reply #54 - 21. May 2010 at 22:19

k9handler   Offline
High Level Contributor

Only saying what I was told

IP Logged

Reply #53 - 21. May 2010 at 22:17
Marcus McIvor   Guest

Thanks Marcus I shall remember what you say and whats with the last name McIvor ???

Seems personal, mentioning my sister (which if i knew who you were would get you knocked out) badmouthing my dog, and casting aspersions on people i have worked with having no prior knowledge. Yeah that seems personal. Attacks on Matt, Jamie, and Scott from a person who knows nothing about them other than through guards as shit as you are.

IP Logged

Reply #52 - 21. May 2010 at 22:13

AusJohn   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

k9handler wrote on 21. May 2010 at 22:07:
whats with the personal attacts marcus never once have I called you a tosser or go and kill myself like you have. 

You assumed by his last name that he was related to a TV Show character, that was a personal attack.

IP Logged

Reply #51 - 21. May 2010 at 22:09

AusJohn   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

Treads,

I would love to work for 29/hour. Problem is to many companies go in so low that others have no choice but to cut costs to compete with them.

In a perfect world everyone would charge enough to cover a nice wage like that. But in reality they would go bankrupt.

You sound like you have a great job there, keep it. Not many like it.

It will all have to change soon, with the new awards coming into effect on the 1st of July this year.
« Last Edit: 21. May 2010 at 22:11 by AusJohn »  
IP Logged

Reply #50 - 21. May 2010 at 22:07

k9handler   Offline
High Level Contributor

What ever works for you nicole. And whats with the personal attacts marcus never once have I called you a tosser or go and kill myself like you have. I am only saying what other security ppl have told me about were you work and that has been alot and I have been told never to go there looking for a job. Lucky I dont have to been in the same job for years.

IP Logged

Reply #49 - 21. May 2010 at 22:05
Marcus McIvor   Guest

Sweet gig where at?

IP Logged

Reply #48 - 21. May 2010 at 22:00

Ex-Security2011   Offline
High Level Contributor

I can't believe anyone would work for $21p/h! even as an unarmed guard. I don't get out of bed for less than $29 doing day shift dog work  Huh
« Last Edit: 21. May 2010 at 22:01 by Ex-Security2011 »  
IP Logged

Reply #47 - 21. May 2010 at 21:56
nicole   Guest

K9 handler, you are the biggest twit. You have never worked for Alldogs, how the hell would you know anything bout them. Grow a pair, and work for a company before you start defaming them. And yes my dear, it IS DEFAMATION! Did you ever consider that maybe we worked for that price, because we liked the company. I have been a guard for ten years, and never have i seen a more misinformed person than you. The company i now work for, pays me $21 an hour. They are a world renowned company, would you like to start bagging them too. Oops, thats right. you would if i gave you a name,  because you seem very good at bagging the poop out of companies you've never worked for. I hate that the indians are thieving our jobs too, and i could really defame a few companies at the same time, but Im not that stupid.

IP Logged

Reply #46 - 21. May 2010 at 21:53
Marcus McIvor   Guest

Oh another personal attack from an un named assailant. Oh ouch! I attended high school and copped worse insults....also that was macgyver..... Try Mc... like mcdonalds. mc...ivor....  McIvor . . .sound it out.... use your words....

'Sheep dressed as sheepdogs trying to fight wolves'.

Your a waste of air. You have nothing constructive to say in regard to fixing the industry, just a sook about how you have been treated. You don't deserve the money you have made already, there are great guards out there that would welcome someone checking up on them, your obviously one of the ones that discredits the whole industry and does the wrong thing constantly.
If you were a good guard you would have nothing to hide.

IP Logged

Reply #45 - 21. May 2010 at 21:39

k9handler   Offline
High Level Contributor

Thanks Marcus I shall remember what you say and whats with the last name McIvor ??? Can you please fix all wages for security with a string and a match stick. Thanks mate Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #44 - 21. May 2010 at 21:38
Yannis   Guest

I believe in euthenasia, help us out would ya.

IP Logged

Reply #43 - 21. May 2010 at 21:10
Marcus McIvor   Guest

Your grammatical skills have me really bent over a barrel. I submit to such a well informed security knowledge powerhouse.

Your obviously the forefront of security training and the leader in the fight for equality and upholding of justice for the entire industry. Clients beg to pay more than is reasonable for your services, and ask, ney, beg that you provide them with a service unlike no other.

TJS have their own integrity to uphold and i dare say thats the reason you couldnt last three weeks.

At the end of the day you are the only one who knows just how little you have achieved for yourself. I feel sorry for you. Kill yourself.

Marcus McIvor

IP Logged

Reply #42 - 21. May 2010 at 21:08

k9handler   Offline
High Level Contributor

Thanks all for the conments I will take it all on board nice talking with you all.

IP Logged

Reply #41 - 21. May 2010 at 20:57
KATE MCIVOR   Guest

..... k9handler..... im going to hold a bunch of straws above your head....feel free to reach towards them in a grasping manner.....

IP Logged

Reply #40 - 21. May 2010 at 20:53

k9handler   Offline
High Level Contributor

Thanks Matt I have a job and he wont sneek up on me when I am working  LOL you guys are made for each other.

IP Logged

Reply #39 - 21. May 2010 at 20:51
Yannis   Guest

Hey K9handler, it's me, your friend uranus, I just had a nice sandwich...yum yum.

IP Logged

Reply #38 - 21. May 2010 at 20:49

AusJohn   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

The new penalty's don't come into effect until the 1st of July.

In fact, companies who never paid penalty rates only have to pay 20% of all penalty rates after 1st of July 2010, 40% after the 1st of July 2011 and so forth.

Its all in the new award. Anyone with average reading skills can see it clearly.

IP Logged

Reply #37 - 21. May 2010 at 20:46
Mat Kenny   Guest

Quote:
My resume is in the post Marcus. I can't wait to be paid a flat rate of $21 per hour.
Have you heard of paying penalty rates on weekends, public holidays or is everybody now on an ABN since the 1 January 2010.
I am sure that when you quote for a job that you build that into the quote and the poor workers do not reap any of the rewards.
At least my dog has been trained by me and not already bought trained like you have done. And Matt I worked for TJS Security for three weeks and thet were as bad as you clowns.

k9handler, your an idiot and I am not interested in what you have to say now. You have no idea about Alldogs and you should keep your opinion to yourself.

I wouldn't give you a job anyway.

IP Logged

Reply #36 - 21. May 2010 at 20:44
Mat Kenny   Guest

My resume is in the post Marcus. I can't wait to be paid a flat rate of $21 per hour.
Have you heard of paying penalty rates on weekends, public holidays or is everybody now on an ABN since the 1 January 2010.
I am sure that when you quote for a job that you build that into the quote and the poor workers do not reap any of the rewards.
At least my dog has been trained by me and not already bought trained like you have done. And Matt I worked for TJS Security for three weeks and thet were as bad as you clowns.

k9handler, your an idiot and I am not interested in what you have to say now. You have no idea about Alldogs and you should keep your opinion to yourself.

IP Logged

Reply #35 - 21. May 2010 at 20:35

k9handler   Offline
High Level Contributor

At least my dog has been trained by me and not already bought trained like you have done. And Matt I worked for TJS Security for three weeks and thet were as bad as you clowns. Tongue

IP Logged

Reply #34 - 21. May 2010 at 20:22
Marcus McIvor   Guest

Its not naming and shaming, its blatant defamation and hearsay.

I invite any industrial relation inquiry you have in regard to alldogs, as will the management and core staff.

You are simply whining about something you, as a never at any time employee, have no cause for comment on.

And you still wont name who you are and work for? Obviously the pinnacle of the security industry and leaders by example.

At the risk of repeating myself, your a nobody. Your opinion is noted-as another wannabe dog handler that never went anywhere. And your opinions are subsequently filed under 'important stuff' in the shredder, next to your resume'

IP Logged

Reply #33 - 21. May 2010 at 20:18
Mat Kenny   Guest

AusJohn wrote on 21. May 2010 at 20:02:
You say you are a cleaner in a previous post. You also claim to have legit sources on information of the wage rates, employee treatment and consumer complaints of All Dogs Security. Then you claim to work as a handler in other posts of yours. To top it off you never think before you talk. Ive met people like you, they are definitely the highlight of my life.

He claims to know about poor wages and unfair treatment, but also states he would rather shoot himself in the head than wor for Alldogs

IP Logged

Reply #32 - 21. May 2010 at 20:10

k9handler   Offline
High Level Contributor

This is the whole point of this forum, is to stay anonymous, to name and shame companies who do the wrong thing by their workers.
Paying a flat rate to employees who do their best to represent the security industry and then get squashed by companies who go in so low and make the security industry the way it is at the moment. Your company wanted staff to upgrade their vehicles to have utes and canopies, how can they when you undercut to get a contract and pay them at such a rate! How are they support their families and pay bills. It must be great being at the top and seeing the poor workers work their butt off for diddly squat. You are just sit their reaping on their rewards. If companies took time and effort in rewarding their workers for the work well done, then there wouldn't be such a big upheaval discussion now.
Why don't you take a good look at your workers and appreciate how much they want to work and represent the occupation they have chosen as a career, and get off your high horse and stop being so self centered and money hungry.

Yannis you may want to think about changing your name to uranus.
Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Reply #31 - 21. May 2010 at 20:02

AusJohn   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

This is actually all very interesting. I swear i never had entertainment like what 'K9Handler' has been giving us.

You say you are a cleaner in a previous post. You also claim to have legit sources on information of the wage rates, employee treatment and consumer complaints of All Dogs Security. Then you claim to work as a handler in other posts of yours. To top it off you never think before you talk. Ive met people like you, they are definitely the highlight of my life.

You should run for PM!, You obviously dribble enough raw sewage to pass off as another dead beat political piece of shit.

Keep the childlike insults coming through, we are all having a sexual intercourseing ball reading it. Makes me feel superior intellectually in many ways you couldn't even begin to comprehend.

IP Logged

Reply #30 - 21. May 2010 at 19:51

AusJohn   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

Quote:
The ABN details are:
ABN: 69 775 273 167
ABN status From To
Active  14 Dec 2005 (current)
Entity names From To
G.E SARGENT & J.M SARGENT 14 Dec 2005 (current)
Entity type
Family Partnership
GST status From To
Active 01 Jan 2006 (current)
Main business locations From To
QLD 4122 16 Dec 2005 (current)
QLD 4122 14 Dec 2005 16 Dec 2005
Trading name(s) From To
SARGENT SECURITY 20 Apr 2006 (current)
J.M. SARGENT & G.E. SARGENT 14 Dec 2005 20 Apr 2006
SARGENT SECURITY 01 Jan 2006 20 Apr 2006

Queensland Security Firm Licence:
Licence number Licence Holder Licence Type Expiry Date
3239319 SARGENT SECURITY (AUS) PTY LTD SECURITY FIRM 30-06-2011

Actually Admin, this is not a company. It is a sole trader / Business.

The Company in Question is:

ABN:  71 122 172 730
  View ABN history
Last modified: 29 Apr 2010
ABN status: Active from 13 Oct 2006
Entity name: SARGENT SECURITY (AUS) PTY LTD
Entity type: Australian Private Company
GST status: Effective from 13 Oct 2006
Main business location
State: NSW
Postcode: 2164
Trading name(s)
Other registrations
Deductible Gift Recipient: Not entitled to receive tax deductible gifts
ACN or ARBN: 122172730

On the ASIC site:

Extracted from ASIC's database at AEST 19:43:54 on 21/05/2010
Name      SARGENT SECURITY (AUS) PTY LTD
ACN      
122 172 730
ABN      
71 122 172 730
Type      Australian Proprietary Company, Limited By Shares
Registration Date      12/10/2006
Next Review Date      12/10/2010
Status      Registered
Locality of Registered Office      Smithfi

IP Logged

Reply #29 - 21. May 2010 at 19:48
Yannis   Guest

Go k9handler go! you dick!

IP Logged

Reply #28 - 21. May 2010 at 19:42
Marcus McIvor   Guest

Racheal? my sister is Kate. You seem to know lots about me for someone who has nothing to do with Alldogs.

You haven't answered any point i have made, You havent disclosed who you are, your a distance hero. Thus far i haven't required any 'backing up' against an unknown foe with limited intellect.

IP Logged

Reply #27 - 21. May 2010 at 19:40
KATE MCIVOR   Guest

uh yeh...i would be the sister , rach is a friend you halfwit.  you should probably open a word document so you can copy and paste all the info you receive and double check you are in fact correct.  (currently, you aren't doing so well champ)

marcus does not need me to back him up ,  im quite certain he is capable of handling your especially delightful posts by himself.  i will however stand behind him to LAUGH.

IP Logged

Reply #26 - 21. May 2010 at 19:36
Mat Kenny   Guest

K9handler,

You have chosen again to attack someone personally without suppling your name, does this make you feel brave hiding behind your keyboard?

I thought this topic was about Sargent Security but it seems you wish to turn it to Alldogs and repeat unfounded rumours about staff sleeping. To me you sound like 1 of the guards that I was forced to check on, but as your too weak to supply your own name we will not know.

Why dont you start your own thread about Alldogs, I could help you out by suggesting some ways for you to begin. Maybe you could start by saying that Alldogs were audited by Industrial Relations. I could then come back and confirm that Alldogs has passed 2 Industrial Relaions audits sucessfully!!!! You could then come back and say that the RSPCA had gone through the kennels, I could then also confirm this and tell you we also passed that. What about workplace Health and Safety???  oooops we passed that too! What about staff not being paid, well that has never happened.

You call yourself k9handler and yet you work in a government job, well if this is true and not just another 1 of your lies I bet you don't handle a K9 for your job.

And finally yes Marcus I agree...... What a tosser! Tongue

IP Logged

Reply #25 - 21. May 2010 at 19:28

k9handler   Offline
High Level Contributor

At least my sister is not backing me up Marcus  Wink Rachael  Grin

IP Logged

Reply #24 - 21. May 2010 at 19:16
Marcus McIvor   Guest

Scared.

IP Logged

Reply #23 - 21. May 2010 at 19:12

k9handler   Offline
High Level Contributor

Grin LOL TRUTH HURTS Thought it was all true go back to ya cattle dogs   Kiss

IP Logged

Reply #22 - 21. May 2010 at 19:04
Yannis   Guest

K9Handler your an idiot and dont know what your talking about. Why dont YOU go back to sleep mate. Read the posts properly.

IP Logged

Reply #21 - 21. May 2010 at 19:03
Rachael   Guest

Marcus,
Stop wasting your time on this crumb. I trust mrs wont say your name, that you understand the term crumb? Your lack of education disgusts me. If you dont have anything nice to say, then shut the sexual intercourse up. This is a blatent abuse of this forum.

IP Logged

Reply #20 - 21. May 2010 at 18:56
Marcus McIvor   Guest

Wonderful comeback. Your a nobody.

You have all the opinions in the world but are too scared to say who you are, because at the end of the day the security industry is incestuous and you may well need a security job from someone you have rubbished. 

You lack conviction in your statements and are outright frightened to back them up with your identity.

IP Logged

Reply #19 - 21. May 2010 at 18:48

k9handler   Offline
High Level Contributor

Yeah  I am a cleaner I make more that $21 an hour

IP Logged

Reply #18 - 21. May 2010 at 18:40
Marcus McIvor   Guest

You still haven't divulged who you are? Im happy to discuss any issues you have in person?

However it seems you are just a mouth with no face behind it?

I am a Custodial Correctional Officer for the Department of Corrective Services, also a government job, i assume you are an admin assistant or perhaps a cleaner.

I have known Scott for many years, i have also had numerous fights/arguments with him, funnily enough all in person and not once on an open forum without him knowing who i am.

I got Judgey boy from Jamie at the age of 2, he has been a wonderful addition to my family and i have trained with him for 2 years. Prior to this i have had many dogs and trained just as hard to better my skills and my dogs. Judge has Ununited Anconial Process in his elbow, i provided a home and a great lifestyle. And who cares since i got him from Jamie and noone has anything nice to say right?

I will gladly take on a new dog at the same time as you in a reality show style 'train off'?

I didnt realize that the guy that thought he saw a cattle dog 'thought' it was true. Obviously a sterling first hand account of something someone once said maybe. . . .

For your comments to have any weight please provide details of who you are rather than skirting around your identity because your scared.

I look forward to your reply.

Marcus McIvor

IP Logged

Reply #17 - 21. May 2010 at 18:11

k9handler   Offline
High Level Contributor

Thanks, Marcus always good to stick up for family friends like Scott the owner of alldogs. And did you train your dog judge ???? no you got it all ready trained  Wink Me never worked for alldogs and I am in a government job.

you want my pay slip I am on more than $21 an hour maybe you should stick to your bouncing  Grin And you watch shit guards come and go thats because you pay for what you get. And you say that you have you have seen cattle dogs on the pipe line well end of story.I rest my case the guy that told me that thought it was true.

Have a nice

IP Logged

Reply #16 - 21. May 2010 at 16:44
Marcus McIvor   Guest

Well, how i do love an anonymous dig at somebody. How hard hitting of you to make remarks and not leave your name.

As you are obviously a superior K9 handler of unparalled ability one would think you would be proud to have your say and back it up with your credentials.

Please feel free to upload a scanned copy of your payslip as i would like to see your hourly rate?

'So Matt you still with alldogs or did you get the flick to? Or you a supervisor to with sargents now and sneak up on staff like you did with alldogs. Or you still with alldogs with un trained dogs that are pets and on the back seat of a car? And is Jamie still training cattle dogs like the pipe line?'

Matt has at times been forced to attend sites to check on guards, this was to ensure staff compliance to the procedures outlined in the contract with clients. The reason behind this is simple:

NO ONE IS EMPLOYED OTHERWISE. 

The outlook of your friends that have worked for alldogs with nothing nice to say is no doubt based on this:
1. They were the shit guards (that forced supervisors to patrol)
2. They were unable to pass the basic handling skills set out at training and became disgruntled.
3. They were perhaps fired for incompetence.

As for not having anything nice to say about Matt, Jamie or Scott- please have your friends include myself in this group as i would hate to have any form of interaction with a group of peers that rather than effect some form of study or career progression, would spend time whining like six year old bitch with a skinned knee on an internet forum.

Where is it that you work? Who are you? Where are you going in your highly paid career?

I have been with Alldogs for 10 years. I was the first Handler on the SRWPA job. I have watched the endless cycle of shit guards come and go. Mostly go.

I have never seen a cattle dog on the pipeline project and i attended almost all training days. I was so well paid that i bought a house in the first year of being on the SRWPA due to the penalties and dog allowance.

Your opinion is that of a complete nobody. Thanks though. Tosser.

Marcus McIvor.

IP Logged

Reply #15 - 21. May 2010 at 15:19

k9handler   Offline
High Level Contributor

So Matt you still with alldogs or did you get the flick to? Or you a supervisor to with sargents now and sneak up on staff like you did with alldogs. Or you still with alldogs with un trained dogs that are pets and on the back seat of a car? And is Jamie still training cattle dogs like the pipe line?

Every one that I know that have worked for alldogs dont have any thing nice to say about you Jamie and Scott. Glade I never worked for alldogs on a flat rate that pays shit. Its a wonder that alldogs dont have own forum in here.

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 21. May 2010 at 13:50
Not Impressed   Guest

Quote:
Hi, k9handler. This is true Alldogs security had that contract and they lost it about two weeks a go. Alldogs security pay crap $ 21 Dollars an hour. and Sargent Security pay $ 21 Dollars an hour too. So as I said in the past most of the security Companies in QLD are Cheats. And specifically (Security International Services ) they pay crap and alltheir security guards Indian students.

Tony, Alldogs Security lost the contract you speak of due to price, and yes Alldogs pay a flat rate of $21 P/hr but with all entitlements guards are actually on a much higher rate. So please before you make any defamitory remarks, do your homework.
Sargents Security have employed a number of guards that Alldogs had previously terminated and has promoted them to Supervisory roles within the company.

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 18. May 2010 at 22:07
Jim   Guest

[quote author=754E4F58210 link=1264902732/9#9 date=1273581223]Hi all, I been working as a security guard for 12 years. Now I don’t have any job because the Indian students Most of the security companies in Queensland pay them $12 or 14  Dollars cash in hand and that’s why we lost our jobs, Indian students came to QLD to study but they not they Take the security guards jobs, Taxis , Fuel Stations. And all services work.  They are not allowed to work more than 20 hours per week but most of the security companies give them 60 or 70 hours a week.  The Australian Government must do something about them, this country losing a lot of Money all the Indian students working cash in hand and they save money and send it to India. [/quote]

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 12. May 2010 at 19:44

k9handler   Offline
High Level Contributor

Same as sargent security they only have Indians working for them to. And theres is two Sargent security in Brisbane, The one that has this contract is from Sydney.

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 12. May 2010 at 19:26
Tony   Guest

Hi, k9handler. This is true Alldogs security had that contract and they lost it about two weeks a go. Alldogs security pay crap $ 21 Dollars an hour. and Sargent Security pay $ 21 Dollars an hour too. So as I said in the past most of the security Companies in QLD are Cheats. And specifically (Security International Services ) they pay crap and all  their security guards Indian students.

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 12. May 2010 at 16:18

k9handler   Offline
High Level Contributor

Alldogs security had that contract but the client was sick of finding the guards sleeping all the time. No wonder Alldogs security pay crap and treat there staff like shit. I would rather shoot myself in the head than work for them. Once the client find out what the new contractor is like they wont have it for long.

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 11. May 2010 at 22:33
Tony   Guest

Hi all, I been working as a security guard for 12 years. Now I don’t have any job because the Indian students Most of the security companies in Queensland pay them $12 or 14  Dollars cash in hand and that’s why we lost our jobs, Indian students came to QLD to study but they not they Take the security guards jobs, Taxis , Fuel Stations. And all services work.  They are not allowed to work more than 20 hours per week but most of the security companies give them 60 or 70 hours a week.  The Australian Government must do something about them, this country losing a lot of Money all the Indian students working cash in hand and they save money and send it to India.

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 11. May 2010 at 21:49
Tony   Guest

Hi all, I am a security guard and I am working for sergeant security in QLD-Ipswich Origin Alliance project- Ipswich Motorway Upgrade between Dinmore and Goodna.  Anyway I lost my job because I am not an Australian or Indian student and just me everyone how is no Australian lost he’s job.
The supervisors from Sargent security and the mobile patrol boys) are so bad with us and they are just security guards like us but they don’t respect anyone how is not Australian, they are Racism and Discrimination. So I just want to know Is Australia person's property? is not Australia is a country of freedom and everyone And the country of democracy? Every one of us has a house and children so if we don’t have any jobs what we do?

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 09. May 2010 at 19:37
Tony   Guest

:o :-/ so bad

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 22. Mar 2010 at 13:43
zenith   Guest

Anyone charging $23 per hour has to be doing a dodgy - all I can say is if you work for them dob them in !!

The companies giving them contracts at those prices should go a row as well - they know they are doing the wrong thing by the Guards.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 25. Feb 2010 at 14:46

SecOps   Offline
High Level Contributor
NSW Australia

NAPSA award is only $16per hour for perm part time guards for day rate, night is about 19.

Then you've got entitlements on top of that, and as seen previously a lot of companies are dodgy with this.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 25. Feb 2010 at 11:45
Looking   Guest

I have a friend who works for SGT Sec Aust. They are going in as cheap as $23 ph for casual static guards.

How can they be charging this and paying there staff correctly??  Huh

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 23. Feb 2010 at 00:34
Gary Sargent   Guest

The company you are talking about is not the Brisbane based Sargent security, as the owner of the company you desimate I can state we pay more per hour than the uninformed clown has stated and the company that has taken over wow sight and sound is a new south wales based company. We pride ourselves in paying our staff the correct money. You only have to ask our employees about this, they have been with us for 8 to 10 years plus. I would appreciate an apology or at least get your facts straight before you make a fool of yourself. You may like to know that Sargent Security has operated in Qld since 1980 and Sargent Security Aus pty ltd (NSW company) has only operated since 1998 and only in Qld for the last 2 years

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 01. Feb 2010 at 11:15

SecOps   Offline
High Level Contributor
NSW Australia

Typical of most companies these days :/

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 01. Feb 2010 at 06:53

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

Shabec

This company is listed as a family partnership and would normally come under the state industrial relations system but;

The Queensland Government has referred the state's industrial relations powers for the private sector to the Commonwealth with an effective date of 1 January 2010.

As from this date all employers and employees, with the exception of state and local government, will be covered by the national industrial relations system administered by the Commonwealth Government.

The Office of Fair and Safe Work Queensland, including Wageline, will no longer be providing information on industrial relations issues to private sector employers and employees.

As from 1 January 2010 all enquiries should be directed to:

Fair Work Infoline on 13 13 94
Fair Work Online website: www.fairwork.gov.au

If Sargent Security does not have an  enterprise agreement in place with its workers (and I have not found a reference to one) then the company is governed by the Security Services Industry Award 2010 with pay rates for level 1 at $15.50 per hr with a casual loading of 23%, 15% for shift work, 50% penalty rate for Saturdays and 100% penalty rate for Sundays.   These rates will rise on 1 Jul 2010.

If you are employed by this company and are being paid less than rates quoted above then make a complaint to Fair Work Australia http://www.fwo.gov.au/Make-a-complaint/pages/default.aspx

The ABN details are:
ABN: 69 775 273 167
ABN status From To
Active  14 Dec 2005 (current)
Entity names From To
G.E SARGENT & J.M SARGENT 14 Dec 2005 (current)
Entity type
Family Partnership
GST status From To
Active 01 Jan 2006 (current)
Main business locations From To
QLD 4122 16 Dec 2005 (current)
QLD 4122 14 Dec 2005 16 Dec 2005
Trading name(s) From To
SARGENT SECURITY 20 Apr 2006 (current)
J.M. SARGENT & G.E. SARGENT 14 Dec 2005 20 Apr 2006
SARGENT SECURITY 01 Jan 2006 20 Apr 2006

Queensland Security Firm Licence:
Licence number Licence Holder Licence Type Expiry Date
3239319 SARGENT SECURITY (AUS) PTY LTD SECURITY FIRM 30-06-2011

IP Logged

31. Jan 2010 at 11:52
shabec   Guest

Sargent Security took over the contract at WOW sight and sound here in brizzy paying the guards $15 per hour flat rate. They even had to have an ABN and pay thier own tax. How can anyone work for so little

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print