Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
ISS Pay disputes (Read 37437 times)
Reply #16 - 19. Dec 2014 at 08:19

Warlord   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
They didn't go under, the Commercial Security sector was sold to Wilsons on Wilsons second attempt at purchasing them.

IP Logged

Reply #15 - 29. Oct 2014 at 22:05

dreadman   Offline
High Level Contributor
Security Service Industry
Award 2010, I cant even.

From what I have gathered here, it is making sense why this company went under... Shocked

"The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow." - Jim Hightower
IP Logged

Reply #14 - 26. Sep 2011 at 02:19

portguard   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

hi everyone, Troy im at the port of melbourne contract for iss and the ghosting (breeches) happens on a regular basis here almost every 3rd or 4th shift, it has been the same story here for the last 4 yrs since they won the contract from chubb.... the roster co-ordinator is constantly ringing guards begging them to come in because the contract will be in breech if they cant cover it.
(apparently we are on our last warning from the POMC, 1 more and the company is out, heard it plenty of times, and thats just the ones there aware of.)
We are lucky in a sense, if iss loose the contract we all go over to the new contractor as we have alot of training and msic cards where a new contractor wont have guards in back up with that training.

wow alot for my 1st post. Smiley

oh yeah there very good at intimidating guards too, Kerry Mcnamara (disgraced ex vic pol) and Brian Mason love staring down some of the less confident guards.
« Last Edit: 26. Sep 2011 at 02:22 by portguard »  
IP Logged

Reply #13 - 13. Feb 2011 at 10:36

merc   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

industry cleaned up? nope just got screwed by the fair work ombudsman.
averaged over time i wont go into the whole details but 4 on 4 off roster payed fortnightly with averaged overtime and 17.5% on your ord hours of pay?

no you take your holidays at the wrong time and youll earn less even with the 17.5%

im absolutely disgusted with the industry and the lhmu

a work colleague was not payed for some overtime recently and contacted the union and was told not only is there no penalty for the company getting pay wrong consistantly but they can take up to 6 months to pay it and there is nothing that can be done.

furthermore if you have averaged overtime on a saturday or sunday you will earn the same on the saturday as if they didnt pay you the overtime at all and on the sunday you earn less for that sunday than if you wherent payed the overtime at all.

ive come to witness the shifty dealings and the fact you allmost need to be a genius to figure out what your entitlements are the union can up the fee without even bothering to contact you in any way.

10 people just had the union up the fee without even contacting them.

Unsure what else to put here im disgusted in fair work australia and the union for allowing these things to continue.

It allmost makes me wonder who exactly is in the pocket of these big security companies.

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 15. Jan 2011 at 03:27

merc   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

what a shock investigating iss via the internet leads me to believe the federal government and the new lhmu claims of cleaning up the industry are a complete farse

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 07. Jan 2011 at 02:43

merc   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

Interestingly Enough i hear the ATO will be looking at and taking action on another ISS past time of not paying people the rightfull and expected super anuation payments.

should be hapening in the very near future i believe

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 09. Nov 2010 at 08:40

troyaggett   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

Drew,
There was an issue with mr darren clark from westfield chermside,after he made passes at my now ex, hayley, he is not as gay as he likes to project to people,

I am not into kicking some one when they are down, but ISS Security demonstarted that they dont mind playing dirty, when i was served for court it was 4pm on a thursday afternoon, to be in court the following wednesday, normally a 2 week responce time is suppose to happen, i went to see a law firm the cost went from $2000 to $10 000 in 4 minutes, and the law firm really had no work to do as i had all the information,
so i went home used google and wrote my own notice of defence, defence and a million dollar counter claim, that way if iss wanted to drag it on i would have my chance to claim back against them,

But seeing how this is in fact a criminal matter under the crimes act obstruction and hinderence of a commonwealth official, i will be continuing my fight, the hold up is this, the Australian Federal Police entered a contract agreement with ISS Security, the deal was as stated by Federal Agent Nick Papajainus was that iss get to guard diplomatic post in canberra in return they leave me alone, at which point i threw in my bage, i am not some token to be sold off, now the issue is the AFP wont go back on there deal as it would look as though it was immoral to give out the contract,

I am still seeking to have iss made accountable and i will chase them on every thing they do wrong i am sourcing new information on there failings, the only thing i am having trouble getting is the tip scores for the screening staff, I do know some one with a copy of them but they are reluctant to hand them over, so i am in negotiations with them to have the tips released, only then will the truth about how much iss is failing in the front line security will be fully known,

but i will bring this company to the table, as we now have a matter that will need to be acted on,

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 08. Nov 2010 at 17:05

troyaggett   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

Sorry for the late responce,
I had to make a new login as i could not remember my login, Yes i am the Troy Aggett ex Australian Federal Police who blew the whistle, the matter between me and iss did not happen in the industrial commission, It was in the federal Couts of brisbane, if you need a case number please let me know and i will get one for you, I did google Charles blinkworth after my posting on here but i do have in my posession an email that suggest that ### and ### are sharing staff, i am forming a letter to the ACCC in relation to this but i am waiting for some more infpormation, As for Charles having these said loans, if they are in fact loan and if they are in fact real then i think the people investigating should look at who assisted the security company that went broke with winning the contracts, i think that they will find a link, The LMHU has sided with ISS from when Mr howard was in power, i have documented letters with reference to the lmhu leaving some people hanging, i went to them and informed them that i would be talking about them in the media very soon, they probly think i am over them but they should know me better. the are suppose to be for the worker,

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 10. Oct 2010 at 01:17

Drew   Offline
High Level Contributor
What's the best in the
world at your job doing
now
Brisbane

Spike,

Is that true that a union official was on a construction site at night looking for guards without correct PPE.

Wonder if he had officially requested with the company giving notice that he was going to enter the site.

If he didn't he could find himself in a bit of extra trouble.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 10. Oct 2010 at 01:13

Drew   Offline
High Level Contributor
What's the best in the
world at your job doing
now
Brisbane

Troy

I think that Blinkworth is in enough crap at the moment as he has been implicated as allegedly owing millions to Reliance Security who went into liquidation couple of months ago.

Look it up Troy.

Spike, if you do google Troy Aggett's name you will find reference to the court case.

Troy Aggett on this forum is the same guy as his email address correlates with one i found for him from a couple of years ago.

Troy, I don't think i have met you but i have met your partner when i was supplying people for Chermside Westfield when she was with ADF.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 07. Oct 2010 at 20:51

spike   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Hi Troy

As I understand that you took ISS to Court before and kicked their ass (was that the QIRC or the Federal Commission), I couldn't find any reference to this either through the QIRC, the Workplace Authority or Fair Work Australia sites,I even check OCIRS you may wish to enlighten me with the matter No.

You wouldn't be the idiot LHMU organisor walking around construction sites in Toowoomba at a girls boarding school in the middle of night looking for security guards a few months ago and without wearing correct PPE. That e-mail was funny, yes security officers has, have a strange sense of humor and a network.

You might be able to tell me why the LHMU hasn't tried to terminate the Group 4 Securitas/Tempo/ISS (CA2005/296) Agreement under the rules of Fair Work Australia? I believe afew have asked. Yes they have had a few name changes.

Please tell me what achivements have the LHMU had for Security officers in the past 12 months?

I still work a 12 hours rotating shift in Brisbane as a security officers but not seen a LHMU official yet, but happy with my lot.

If I have you, as the above and you are not that person, I do sincerely apologies however I accept that least you are up front in giving your e-mail address. Comrade you shouldn't have given your full name, if that is your true name. Reason is I will check with Bloker.

Yours

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 07. Oct 2010 at 11:29
troy aggett   Guest

I am Troy Aggett, if you have evidence on iss security breeches, inaction ect feel free to email me troyaggett@yahoo.com i will take up your fight no pobs, i kicked them in court once i will do it again,
be seeing you real soon mr charles blinkworth i am coming for you .

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 29. Sep 2010 at 20:48

spike   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Yes

You are right there is a lot more to this story to come out.

In 2006 ISS at the Qantas area had some problems with sexual harrasement/inapproprate behaviour and the supervisor was never seen again. I believe whipp cream on a female officer's bare breast would be pretty inapproprate at the job site.

Peter the State Manager Quit, not because of this and Anderson from the National office took over.

Late 2009 there was a crisis meeting about the future direction of ISS Management by their owner/partner however the same old crew is still there, could tell more but too old to fight, and can't afford another legal battle in the Supreme Court over interrogatories.

By the way Serganet Security last day at Origin, tomorrow it will be MSS security officers I dont believe they are subbing out, but will confirm.

20 security officers without fault and no job tomorrow how sad is that.

Well on the 0500 shift tomorrow off to bed I go.

Regards

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 29. Sep 2010 at 14:20

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

This is blowing up into one big story. Charles Blinkworth has quit as the head of ISS with some controversy.

See: http://www.smh.com.au/business/loans-mystery-deepens-with-blinkworths-departure-...

The person who posted the second post Troy Aggett has been fighting ISS through the courts. This is a bit of a background to Troy from a news story in 2008: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/airport-an-easy-terror-target/stor...

Quote:
LOSING his home, savings and job has prompted Troy Aggett to make a rare step the former Australian Federal Police officer has turned whistleblower.

Mr Aggett quit the AFP late last year after a difficult end to his five years as a counter-terrorism officer at the Brisbane international and domestic terminals.

His de facto partner, Hayley Fabe, also had a difficult end to her stint as an international checkpoint supervisor with ISS Security.

Ms Fabe was stood down in 2006 after she reported workers failing to halt passengers who set off a metal detector. The workers accused her of intimidation.

Ms Fabe quit after a five-day hearing in the Industrial Relations Commission.

Mr Aggett resigned after ISS complaints to his supervisors. He was accused of spending too much time "in the vicinity of ISS work areas" and "intimidating staff".

"The situation has cost me everything, my home, my finances and my job," Mr Aggett said.

Documents show an AFP investigation cleared Mr Aggett.

merc seems to be whistleblowing on the internal pay structure in ISS. Roll Eyes

Could be more to this story and Blinkworth's departure may be the tip of the iceberg. Cheesy

Anyone got further to add?

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 16. Sep 2010 at 17:02

merc   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

further to the above take a good hard look in regards to payment of super annuation let me put it this way ive noticed they will give you your leave and put some or all of the orginary hours into another column.

IE
you have taken 40 hours leave they will pay you 30 hours ord (9% garrantee on this) and give you 50 hours at your leave loading making up some numbers as they go along.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print