Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Pride Services Group (Read 36211 times)
Reply #53 - 08. Aug 2011 at 21:48

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

Reply #52 - 11. Mar 2011 at 15:57

Drew   Offline
High Level Contributor
What's the best in the
world at your job doing
now
Brisbane

Fact Finder,

You are probably right, I do need to get out more, I probably need to forget about a few things too.

If you are who I think you are then you have worked for me in a past life and you know first hand that i support my security operative 100% sometimes to my detriment.

I remember backing up a guard working for me who was accused of racking up $1000 in phone sex lines using a plug point at a fruit shop, later i was told that the guard had actually made the phone calls. You may remember this one, it cost us the site due to my backing of that guard.....

People who work for me enjoy a 100% commitment and support until proven otherwise. I only employ people who I am confident in their abilities.

You can question my abilities in hiring staff, I have made a few errors in the past, but not in this instance. Both Sean and Brad are quality staff, with wonderful customer service skills. My client believes in their abilities, other staff on site believe in their abilities, the public have only positive feedback in relation to their delivery of their duties, they turn up early for all shifts, wear uniform with pride, constantly patrol for the whole duration of their shift, do not sleep on shift and they hold the necessary paperwork in order to hold a security licence that includes dog handling. I am proud to say that they represent my company.

My only concerns is that someone hiding behind the name "fact finder" wants to come on here and discredit individuals.

It is bad enough that companies get the raw end of the stick sometimes on this forum but when it sinks to discredit individuals guards it sinks to a new low, the purpose of this forum is to assist the individual guard not make a personal attack of them. This forum is to protect the individual, champion the worker.

The people that you discredit are blokes in the field, level 1 guards, why??, because they want to help fellow guards with advice free of charge, impart experience to fellow security officers.

They are not on here selling their wares, seanimac has never professed to being an expert on dog handling. He is just a guy that has been out there in the weather pounding the pavement with dog by his side. Does he have opinions - yes - are his opinions always right - no - Is he a genuine bloke - bloody oath!!!!!

IP Logged

Reply #51 - 11. Mar 2011 at 09:18
Luke P.   Guest

Dont know about these blokes mentioned but good for a giggle bloke gets an answer he doesnt like so attacks people personally all using an alias .Funny shit look forward to more of his posts very entertaining.

IP Logged

Reply #50 - 11. Mar 2011 at 03:32
arthur   Guest

Looks to me like Sean and Drew have a stalker. Cool

IP Logged

Reply #49 - 10. Mar 2011 at 18:51
Fact Finder   Guest

Hi Drew

Simply stating, If they're what you think are champion dog handlers....you need to get out more !. Lucky they're not at a site where they have to act and engage their dogs, your going to get assulted dog walkers but hey....they impress you and thats the main thing. Goodluck.

IP Logged

Reply #48 - 10. Mar 2011 at 15:07

Drew   Offline
High Level Contributor
What's the best in the
world at your job doing
now
Brisbane

I have seen my handlers working with their dogs and they are professional with their dogs and also professional with their customer service.

The site is not a hard core site, customer focus is paramount.

I feel that i have employed champions in ther field, the client only has positive feedback in relation to our handlers.

If you have a personal account of what you have personally witnessed where one of my employee's has done something that is not in both my client's or my company's interest please feel free to share.

Did you work for Prestige Property Services in a past life Fact Finder.

IP Logged

Reply #47 - 09. Mar 2011 at 17:43
Fact Finder   Guest

Hi drew

Didn't mean to get you cranky, but....., Have you seen these 2 handlers work their dogs??, Don't get sucked in at so called dog handlers supplying you with training papers.

And Sean, if your who i think you are (a holden rodeo worker who works at H.W with another by the initial B.C) You really shoudn't comment on here about dog handling work and security procedures.

My apoligies if i'm wrong.

IP Logged

Reply #46 - 08. Mar 2011 at 19:12

Drew   Offline
High Level Contributor
What's the best in the
world at your job doing
now
Brisbane

I have two dog handlers working for me both of which I would consider to be leaders in their field.

I have had two other dog handlers work for me since i started to provide my own dog handlers and i am quite happy to provide both with work into the future and if i had more dog handling work they would be working for me now.

I am sorry to disappoint you fact finder but there is no smoking gun here. The dog handlers are not required to sign the register, if they have signed it it has purely been to sign on to say they were there. Nothing illegal here sorry........

IP Logged

Reply #45 - 08. Mar 2011 at 18:36

Seaniemac   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Brisbane

Hi Fact finder mate you have missed the mark big time Pride currently has only 2 dog handlers myself and another.I really hesitate to respond when you cant even give your real name? All persons employed in this capacity are licensed for appropriate functions performed and are Fair Trading compliant.Both dog handlers have trained dogs with documented on going training.well as for registers we answer to Fair Trading just like anyone else.YOU NEED TO GET A NEW SOURCE OF INFO MATE. Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #44 - 08. Mar 2011 at 15:26
Fact finder   Guest

Hi Drtew

Why do you have (so called) dog handlers working crowd controll with NO crowd control licence??, they sign a crowd control register to perform dog handling work,mmmm, please correct me if i'm wrong.

IP Logged

Reply #43 - 30. Dec 2010 at 15:07

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

The last 4 Posts were moved here from QLD Security Contractors N to Z by Administrator.

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

Reply #42 - 30. Dec 2010 at 14:45

Drew   Offline
High Level Contributor
What's the best in the
world at your job doing
now
Brisbane

In my meeting with Dave the dogman he expressed to me that by coming on this forum i am trying to come across as holy as thou.

My thought process on this is that I hope that i do not come across as a know it all and that i am perfect in any way.

Actually my presence on this forum is to show the exact opposite. It is to show that being a business owner and willing to wear your heart on your sleeve can work hand in hand.

By putting myself out there, i am more likely to be open to critics, this i am prepared for. Over twenty years in the industry there is bound to be persons that do not like me (I know quite a few) and if they have legit issues with me I welcome them to come on here and bag me out.

Constructive critisism is welcomed and it is how i can develop Pride Services to be the best company to work for and to have people wanting to work with us. If i can attract the best people it will give me an edge on my competition.

If i can make Pride a company that everyone who wears the uniform  is proud to work for then customers will be the main benefactor.

I don't demand perfection from my people, they are humans and make mistakes (I probably am up there amongst the worst transgressors), I just want them to enjoy the experience of working for the company and never feel that they are a number in the system. I feel that if i show the respect to people the way i would like to be treated, they will shine for Pride Services Group when they wear their uniform.

I believe in leadership without a title, if everyone shows up to work each day and puts in their best performance then the company will have the success it deserves and everyone involved will have a greater feeling of self worth.

Some people laugh at the notion of being nice and decent and noble. They think it is a sign of weakness. Nope it is a sign of strength. What takes guts is to not complain, condemn or take the path of least resistence, but to stand for something higher, to behave greater and to be of service to others.

Sorry for ranting but this is a big topic for me. I'll be the first to tell you that i am far from perfect. But i do my best to do the right thing. I hold myself to a standard far higher than anyone could expect from me. Do i always get it right? No. Am I always at peace and without anger? No. I try each day but i slip sometimes.

It does not mean that i do not expect my collegues to perform at high standards. It does not mean that i do not set boundries and get tough when I have to. Showing leadership isn't about being liked by all. It is about doing what's right. And what's good.

IP Logged

Reply #41 - 29. Dec 2010 at 20:26

davidthedogman   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Shane thankyou.  My aim has been to clean things up.  I like many others have been in this industry for a long time.  I worked out a long time ago it is not a good idea to sook and whinge, but you have to put it on the line.

I have been very pro active in the transport industry for some time, doing video's on safety and fatigue ( oztruckintv ) on you tube.

I have for the past year been training handlers on the correct methods of K9 deployment and handler safety survivability, at no cost.

These are not things i have made up, but what I have learn't over the years.  I have just put it together in a connected way.

I offer this and my time free of charge, just to raise the bar for doggies, and our professionalism.

Dave

IP Logged

Reply #40 - 29. Dec 2010 at 19:28

Shane   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Brisbane

Drew is a good man probably one of the best in the industry. He runs his business and treats his workers how he himself would like to be treated, the pay is above award and ALWAYS on time. I would be happy to recommend him or his company to any potential client or colleague.

I am glad you met him face to face Dave, there are alot of gutless beings that are nothing but 'keyboard warriors' This is a good forum and everyone has the opportunity to change the industry, signing up here expressing your opinion and exposing those doing the wrong thing is the first step towards achieving something great.  Smiley

Thanks and Regards
Shane
IP Logged

Reply #39 - 29. Dec 2010 at 16:16

davidthedogman   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Over the last couple of days I have vented a little on matters of fatigue and payment.  I have mentioned the name Pride Security in some of my rants.

Well today I met with Drew, he took the time to drive down my way, we had a chat and a coffee.  I will not back away from what I stated except this.

My comments were for the wider industry and Pride was drawn into this.  I would like to offer my unreserved apology to Drew and any member of Pride Security from comments which may have been misinterpreted.

This was not my intention.

Now for me this was a first in my 12 plus years, to have a person meet and chat about the events of our posts to each other.  I must say if Drew and his company are the example of the future other companies need to be worried, his attitude and approach / passion are 2nd to none.

I must applaud his transparency in running his business, at least his company have made the effort.  Now Drew did not have to drive and hour from where he lived but he did.

Thankyou Drew.  I am happy to add you to my ph list...

Dave

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print