Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Pride Services Group (Read 37472 times)
Reply #38 - 04. Nov 2010 at 17:47

Seaniemac   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Brisbane

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Have now worked for Drew for 2 weeks now aa a dog handler (about wich I am very passionate).He has so far provided everything he promised in regards to employment and conditions plus some.I wish all companys I have worked for previously had been this good to work for.I  to am proud to wear the Pride uniform and hopefully will be for years to come. Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #37 - 04. Nov 2010 at 16:21

Drew   Offline
High Level Contributor
What's the best in the
world at your job doing
now
Brisbane

Pride Services Group has only recently started employing some Dog Handlers to look after a couple of sites that we had in the past subcontracted.

In relation to rates for Dog Handlers we currently pay the small amount of handlers that we have (but a very capable select team) the following rates

$25.72 Night
$26.11 Sat
$34.25 Sun
$42.38 P/Hol

All these rates are inclusive of allowance.

All of our rates are outlined in our Certified Agreement which an address to find it online is outlined under Pride Services Group in the N-Z Section. They have been critisied by some and applauded by others on this forum, but I have never had an employee leave due to the pay rates.

Our main areas that we cover is Static Guarding, Patrol Services and Crowd Control. We have about 100 people that proudly wear our uniform.

Thank your friend for the kind words that he has mentioned about my company. We do try to treat our employees as work collegues rather that employer/employee. I am a firm beliver that everyone can show leadership without title. Treating Guards with the same respect as clients is the ethos of Pride Services Group. When it comes down to it it is a combination of management and the guards  that help you gain and maintain clients.

This is something that in the industry is often forgotten.

Drew

IP Logged

Reply #36 - 04. Nov 2010 at 01:38
Infodogy   Guest

Hi I was wondering if any one on here works for pride services group and are they good to work for.
And drew I know u will read this when u come across it have a few questions for u. I hade a mate from the sun shine coast tell me about u Guys he said u were worth looking into to go work for. He dosnt work with u guys but has herd good things. His a dog handler/ trainer.iv seen a couple of ur post and take it u r a dogy company or do u guys do a bit of everything? Was all so wondering if u would tell me what ur hourly rate is? Have another mate that says ur looking for some dog handlers ATM so that's y I'm asking. Hope u reply to this what iv heard u sound like a good company.

IP Logged

Reply #35 - 08. Nov 2010 at 00:29

Drew   Offline
High Level Contributor
What's the best in the
world at your job doing
now
Brisbane

Pride Services Group will be paying Public Holiday rates for Crowd Control Work for New Years eve from 1800hrs, Not just from midnight.

We feel that in order to attract the best people to work New Years Eve for our company it is best to look after them financially. I have always thought that it is silly that the public holiday rates kick in after midnight.

We will have a situation where we need additional staff during this peak period. Probably an additional 20 - 30.

If you feel that you are of exceptional character, present well and have good communication skills (of course current security licence, crowd controllers and RSA is also required) and you wish to work for Pride Services Group please feel free to send your resume to;

prideservicesgroup@bigpond.com

If you do not wish to be a team player with a common goal or you do not have impeccible integrity please don't waste your own or my time by applying.

I wish to be upfront with applicants that there may not be ongoing work for all after the silly season. At the same time i can also say that we will do everything that we can to maintain the best applicants working for our company.

Thank you gents for your kind words about Pride Services Group. It is words like these that assist to keep me focused on what I am trying to achieve.

To all current staff, yes that means you too, was going to keep it a secret and surprise you all in your pays but if i don't clarify it now then you may think that i am just going to pay new staff.

Yours in Security

Drew Paternoster
Pride Services Group

IP Logged

Reply #34 - 07. Nov 2010 at 16:30

securedgeek   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite
Brisbane

Recently Pride and integral merged and I have found Pride to be very good to its employers, my hours have increased dramatically as I have asked, and other in the company that want fewer hours are also looked after.
Drew came and met us all personally to find out what each of us were after from our jobs and got to know us. I fear I may call him too much, but he is always there to help out. He also takes into consideration the lack of transport I am currently suffering from and takes that into consideration when offering me shifts. He seems more than willing to help his guards out, while maintaining a high degree of integrity with all of his clients. His pay rate is also better than some of my previous employers. For as long as I am looked after, I will try to look after his company by showing respect to clients, doing the job properly and with integrity, and inviting other people to look at his work as he truly puts pride into his work.
The only thing I can say that I find to be a low point is the late notice on some shifts, but alas it is to be expected as break-ins aren't to a schedule.
I have worked with 4 companies in the past 5 years of security, doing sites, bars, static, and some bodyguarding. Also working in some areas I communicate with other guards and discuss work. I found Pride to be the best as there are NO pubs/nightclubs, the owner is willing to look after you, the owner is willing to know you, and most importantly the owner has integrity to stand up for himself and guards for as long they they stand up and help him by doing what they are employed to do.
If everyone from shonky security groups DID stop working for a week, I would still have shifts, as I work for one of the good groups.

IP Logged

Reply #33 - 20. Oct 2010 at 08:33

Seaniemac   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Brisbane

I have recently comenced work for Pride as a dog handler and would rate the company so far with been in the top 3 that I have worked,good ethics,organised and proffesional and I have worked for most of the major dog companys at one stage or another(never been fired from a security job)I think  Pride will be a major player in years to come.Watch this space. Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #32 - 16. Jun 2010 at 18:08
Tired   Guest

As I have previously said to you Drew it takes a lot of courage to come on a forum use your real name and your buisness name to be forensicaly analysed by everyone.Mate the guy posting could be your main opposition in your field.Drew I personally believe anyone that tries to do  the right thing as it appears you do cant go too wrong.as it sounds like you are constantly analysing,evaluating and evolving your buisness and also ethically.This is your point of difference you might not win every contract or even the majority of contracts but you will be able to sleep at night,wich doesnt sound like much but is a big thing.And contracts based on a price point rather than a service of delivery point are contracts that a quality company would not want anyway.There is no better feeling for a buisness person when a regulatory body turns up to audit you and you can look them in the eye and say come in I have nothing to hide.Drew I like many others on this site I think probably respect you for your courage and ethical stance in what can be a very unethical industry.Mate keep up the good work! Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #31 - 15. Jun 2010 at 23:06

Drew   Offline
High Level Contributor
What's the best in the
world at your job doing
now
Brisbane

Argustuft, Spike and Tired

I have taken the time to read through my CA from start to finish taking into account the points raised by all.

The document is not by far a perfect document. There are flaws that i agree with Argustuft are open to criticism. I take total ownership of these errors, irrespective of the industrial agent that prepared the document, I was the one that signed off on it.

When originally organising the agreement, i did read through the document thoroughly many times. But i read it with the intentions that i had to pay my staff in with "Fair Play" in mind. This has (with the benefit of hindsight) clouded my reading of it and missed the variences. It dotted the i's and crossed the t's when reading paragragh by paragragh, but when married together as a document it has not quite come together as i would have wished.

Due to my intentions of paying staff the allowances that were afforded to them under the award of the day and not to take advantage of them, i did not see the areas where there could be misinterpretation.
This is something that i will learn from and take into account into the future.

I guess what it comes down to now is the precedent of payment that we have enacted before and current to the agreement that will stand the test of time. I sleep soundly at night in relation to this. (not that i get much sleep lol).

I have never professed to be a master of industrial relations, this i am far from being. I don't think i am any more special than anyone reading this forum. I am a guy that believes in his ability and is having a go.

I concede that mistakes i make have ramifications on others (and that can be their livelihoods), this is an extreme pressure that I deal with regularly.

I came to this forum cause i read comments on other companies and about my own that are exaggerated and some downright slanderous. (not directed at the formentioned people). I guess that i look at the time and effort that i have put in towards building my company and the importance of integrity to me and have my guard up a bit to ensure that my efforts are not in vain and that my integrity can be torn down by someone with an axe to grind. I am guilty of wearing my heart on my sleeve.

In some peoples eyes they will criticise me for my mistakes, and i make mistakes every day. It is only by making mistakes that you can rise up and make some truely great decisions.

I know that it is stacked against Pride Services Group to be a force in the industry as there will be no compromise on what is fair in order to get ahead. It will take a lot longer and constant reinvention (some intevention to even the playing field would be appreciated), but we have lasted and grown through the first three years and we will continue to improve what we do to attract the best people and contracts.

IP Logged

Reply #30 - 10. Jun 2010 at 04:14

spike   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Argustuft

While I sympathise with your claims about being ripped off by a previous employer agreement there is no need to get personal or nasty about someone you disagree with.

There was a process that employers had to comply with for an agreement to pass the NDT, or the dodgy Fairness test.

You indicated in the past that you were a LHMU delegate and praised the union, however by all account, the LHMU failed you and the other staff by not assisting you in this matter. One can only guess you didn't consult your beloved union.

There is no way other contributers to this forum can confirm your claims as you havn't identified the Agreement you claim was faulty. Therefore one can only assume that you are telling a little porky.

You claim that you are no longer in the security industry and now have a life, may I be so bold to ask than why are you still contributing to this forum?

It's not the employers at fault hear, in fact it's the LHMU and the security officers, for if the employers had a strong oppisition, or a strong organised workforce against their agreement making than the employers would succum to the demands of security officers. Although by past expearince the LHMU is not the union for security officers.

Ok had my say now I'm off to bed after a long night.

IP Logged

Reply #29 - 09. Jun 2010 at 14:11
Tired   Guest

Being succesful in buisness has very little to do with luck.I would take informed decisions,careful planning,integrity and competency any time over luck.I can honestly say I dont think I have ever see a buisness fail due to bad luck.bad planning ,bad cashlflow and no organization yes, bad luck no!One of my favourite quotes that I beleive is true "Altitude is dtermined by attitude".Found this to be fairly true.

IP Logged

Reply #28 - 09. Jun 2010 at 10:19

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

When we buy a house we have a solicitor run his eye over the mortgage and contract documents to see if they are in our interests.  Failing to do so can cost us dearly for the life of the mortgage.

Now to pay off the mortgage.

When we collectively contract out our labour as employees in an Enterprise Agreement we should all get legal advice to see that the contract (and that is what it is) is in our interests.  

THEN WHY THE BLOODY HELL DON'T WE!!!  Shocked

If you are not in a union who will look after your interests then seek out an Industrial Relations Consultant.

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

Reply #27 - 09. Jun 2010 at 03:38

argustuft   Offline
Casual Contributor
Dog
Workers Unite

Continued from last post

I found out other agreements that Eather had been involved in and found similiar stories to my own from those employees. Eather's name does not appear on any of the documents and hence cannot be charged for any offence but he influenced other employers to break the law and make false declarations. He used the knowledge from being in the union to target workplaces where union membership was weak or non existant. In my mind anything that Eather has touched is tainted.

Drew have a look at the OCS agreement http://ca.workplaceauthority.gov.au/docs/CAs/CAUN06558155.pdf
It is what your agreement should have looked like - fair to all - not the crap that Eather dished up. Have a look at clause 14.11 Voluntary Extra Shifts. There is no perceived intimidation when being engaged  to signing up to do voluntary extra shifts.

I am not in the security industry anymore and have found a life. The security industry reminds me of a pond of piranas. Good luck Drew you are going to need it to stay in business. From what you have stated here and not been rebuked by any of your employees or past employees must mean that you run an ethical business.

IP Logged

Reply #26 - 09. Jun 2010 at 02:48

argustuft   Offline
Casual Contributor
Dog
Workers Unite

Drew
I do not have an issue with you personally only in your choice of employer agent when doing a collective agreement. If you cannot see my point in the wording of the agreement then take it to someone with knowledge of industrial relations law. My interpretation of the agreement is that you pay a flat rate for weekend work which is below time and a half. There is nothing in the agreement that says you have to pay weekend penalty rates of time and a half and double time.

My issue with Peter Eather goes back to when I was working for a security firm and the workchoice legislation had just come into effect. A guards were give a copy of the proposed agreement and a piece of paper which set out what should happen in the agreement process. It said we were to be given 7 days to consider the agreement and then vote on it. If the agreement had passed the vote of employees, we were to be notified that it was sent to Workplace Australia and we were to be notified that if it passed the fairness test. There had been no prior bargaining to the proposed agreement.

The proposed agreement had been poorly written and confusing. We were given the proposed agreement on the start of Friday shift and told to have our vote in by finishing on the Sunday shift which was only 2 days and over the weekend where there was the least possiblity of the employees even consulting or engaging the union or an IR consultant.

The vote was taken by paper ballot and I raised a complaint with my superior that we had not been given the full 7 days but he dismissed my complaint. We were not given the opportunity of voting for an employee representative. No employee I know of validated the voting result.

I heard nothing more and I supposed that the agreement had not passed the vote or Workplace Australia had not passed the agreement. About 4 months later our pay was changed to that below the award and I was told we were working under the agreement. Because of the bad structure of the agreement, there was no legal responsibility for the boss to give us pay rises each year.

It was against the Workplace Relations law not to give 7 days for the agreement to be considered, not to give notice of the vote, not to inform us that the agreement had passed the fairness test.

I finally managed to get a copy of the agreement from Workplace Australia and found that the boss had signed a declaration that he had given us 7 days to consider the agreement and he had complied with the agreement process. This was a false declaration. I also found out who was the employee's representative - a person I had never heard of. Giving a false declaration is a criminal offence under the Workplace Relations Act.

I decided to file a complaint with Workplace Australia and in the process found that Peter Eather was the employer representative. My complaint against my boss failed because by this time anyone on my side had left the company and the other employees did not wish to back up my complaint.

IP Logged

Reply #25 - 08. Jun 2010 at 02:33

Drew   Offline
High Level Contributor
What's the best in the
world at your job doing
now
Brisbane

Tired ans Spike, thank you for your kind words, they reinforce my metal to continue on moving forward. (I miss sometimes having a boss telling me that i am doing a good job)

I was about to shave my head to look for the numbers 666 or the reminisce of the horns that my mother must have snapped off....lol

Thank you Spike and Argustuft for your assessment of Pride Services Group's Agreement, two different opinions.

I am not across the new Security award as i don't need to for another year. I will be working my way through it in the second half of this year to get my mind across the various changes that i am sure the Government of the day has made.

To be quite honest, i was not aware that i have been paying more than the award, if this is true then that is fine as i have enjoyed the fact that i have been able to keep a consistent margin with my contracts, and have been able to guarantee three year pricing to my clients.

As stated before i was only seeking certainty of pricing by arranging the agreement in the first place, something others relying on the yearly increase fluctuations could not. This gave me a point of difference when tendering on work.

Argustuft seems to think that my reasons were to deprive workers of overtime. Of course as an employer i am trying to keep overtime to a minimum. Every dollar that is paid in overtime is a dollar off the bottom line. When we are working on very low margins (often as low as 5% profit) it means that for every worker that is getting paid $40,000 a year we are making $2000. After paying tax on that profit it leaves $1400, not much latitude for overtime there. (estimated amounts)

Argustuft, before you slam me again (as i am expecting) this is the harsh reality of the industry, it is the industry that i love and choose to be in and i am not seeking anyones sympathy just a small piece of empathy.

Some of the companies that have got the "dreaded evil" Eather agreements used to be the shonky operators that were paying flat rates on ABN. At least they have come forward to try to legitimise their operations with an agreement that is open to your scruntity rather than creeping around on the edges employing unsuspecting employees on Sham contracting arangements.

I credit you on your intellect and also on your life choices to be able to work in the industry and not seek to run a security company. It is probably the wisest decision of all. I would love to have someone paying me for the overtime that i put in.

I think i am looking forward to your responses....... lol
« Last Edit: 08. Jun 2010 at 02:46 by Drew »  
IP Logged

Reply #24 - 07. Jun 2010 at 11:44

spike   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Good Afternoon.

I would like to join the debate on Pride Security.

I have downloaded Pride Security Collective Agreement (CAEN 084860726) from Fair Work on line and note that it's actually not a bad agreement.

If you go clause 5.2 you will see the pay rates at present are above the Award, an I'm not too sure what the new rates are under the Modern Award will be after July, but Pride will be either equal or better. Pride will be level one @ $16.27 per hour, dog allowances $65.18, site allowances $56.82 and other allowances are above the Award.

I dont know of any other Agreements with better rate and allowances than these.

The employees at Pride have enjoyed higher wages and higher allowances than the Award since July 2009.

This agreement is still a lot better than some of the agreement assessed under the No Distavantage Test in 2009/10 by the Industrial Commissioners.

If anyone could tell me what the rates of pay and allowances for QLD will be after 1st July 2010 I would be very greatfull.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print