Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Omega Security (Read 9845 times)
Reply #5 - 16. Jul 2012 at 18:42

Welsh   Offline
High Level Contributor
Gimp King
Brisbane

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Sec0Dec0 by the sounds of it approach with Caution either that or run away screaming before you end up like OMEGA ANON

-Welsh
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 16. Jul 2012 at 18:25

Sec0Dec0   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

Is there anyone currently that works for OMEGA SECURITY SERVICES?

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 02. Mar 2011 at 17:12
jo   Guest

I guess then the employer would have to prove that you knew about the deficiancy in pay, and that your intent was to hurt them, not in fear of losing your job.

Also I don't think there would be any lawyer costs in a small claim court Wink

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 09. Nov 2010 at 15:50

troyaggett   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

To OMEGA ANON
I understand the situation you are in, but waiting till you leave may not be your best bet, Once you have identified a problem with pays, it should be addressed asap, but when you post the knowledge on the world wide web where the employer can also see the complaint, it allows them time to stick up a responce, so when you do leave and it is found that you knew about the matter it can be very hard to get the money back, and then there is the legal process, Its not worth going to court for under $10 000 but if your employer wants to fight the matter you could very well be left with a lawyer bill, dont fall into the trap of thinking the courts will allow payment of the full legal cost, they wont, you may get a percentage but you wont get it all, if you are going to wait to claim your money it can be seen as done in malice and to cause financial stress on the employer at which point you will win the case but you may get no money, the Australian government acknowledges employers have to act unlawful to stay competitive. on the subject of pay outs, you may have heard the statement that some one took them and recieved a payout, but generally speaking, anyone recieving a payout is usually under a Strict confidentuality contract, so what you may have heard may not be correct.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 09. Nov 2010 at 10:42
Sam   Guest

I have heard that there is a high level of bullying going on at Compass. Especially in the NT area.

IP Logged

03. Aug 2010 at 05:55
OMEGA ANON   Guest

Hi guys,

Is there anybody else out there that works for OMEGA security, part of Compass-Group? This might interest you.

A full-time employee for OMEGA works on a 2on1off roster. The 2 weeks consists of 14x12 hour shifts (168 hours). The employee collective agreement allows for them to average out the amount of hours worked over a 2 week period, and pay accordingly (102 hours a fortnight).

What the company fails to do, is live up to the terms described in the agreement, and include penalty rates in their normal salary. Penalty rates consist of hours worked afternoon/night/saturdays/sundays/public holidays.

After a lot of tedious calculations, I have worked out that even on the minimum pay rate ($15.50ph) I am being underpaid by over $5000 a year, and this is not including public holidays.

Here is a copy of the employee collective agreement: (search omega on the fwa dot gov dot au website)

Here are the average hours you work:

Average days in a fortnight: 9.26
Average sundays in a fortnight: 1.325
Average Saturdays in a fortnight: 1.325
Average weekdays in a fortnight: 6.61

I work night shift (5:30pm - 5:30am) and here is the average loading hours I do per fortnight, yours might be different depending on the times you work:
afternoon: 3.03
night: 45.5
ordinary: 24.27
Total: 72.8

There is not much I can do about it now without risking my job, but as soon as I leave, i'll have to pay a visit to IR. I heard a story about one of the guys who left a short while ago getting an $8k payout. This collective agreement seems to be considerably less than the new industry award... Anyone have advice on how to get the company to drop this?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print