Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Charter Security (Read 13925 times)
Reply #6 - 16. Feb 2016 at 18:59

dreadman   Offline
High Level Contributor
Security Service Industry
Award 2010, I cant even.

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Quote:
Southern Cross Protection is pleased to announce the successful purchase of the Loss Prevention business of Charter Security Group, thereby creating Australia’s market leading national security company, with revenue in excess of $70 million per annum. Loss Prevention is the field of security focused on retail crime, deploying security guards trained in the habits and practices of shop stealers to identify them, and thereby reduce theft. Mike Ramsay, founder and Managing Director of Charter Security said of the acquisition, “I’m delighted to sell our Loss Prevention arm to Southern Cross Protection, which I recognize as a firm that shares my vision of excellence. My partners and I simply couldn’t have sold to a company of lesser integrity or that didn’t hold the core belief that a duty is owed to the client.” Patrick Bourke, Managing Director of Southern Cross Protection is similarly gratified. “I am thrilled that Charter’s Loss Prevention business will be a part of Southern Cross Protection. We believe the combination of skills and expertise provides a unique and valuable proposition for our customers. The culture of Charter is a perfect fit for our business – they offer specialized, customer-centric services which are innovative and highly effective.

http://www.sxprotection.com.au/southern-cross-protection-buys-charter-security-g...

"The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow." - Jim Hightower
IP Logged

Reply #5 - 16. Feb 2016 at 18:54

dreadman   Offline
High Level Contributor
Security Service Industry
Award 2010, I cant even.

http://au.indeed.com/cmp/Charter-Security/reviews?fcountry=AU

Quote:
Great Bosses
Customer Service/ Security for JB HI FI (Former Employee), Berrimah, NT – January 16, 2015
Pros: just making people & work mates smile was a plus
Cons: money was low $17.00
I absolutely loved working for Charter Security for JB HI FI.
what I learnt I found out how I can settle people down when I had to check their bags on the way out, just give them a reason why we do this standing on my feet for 8hrs a day, stop drunks coming into the shop, make kids happy on the way out by putting stamps on their hands and to make them smile. Customers asking me where a section in the shop would be I would point the way for them.
Lock up doors to JB HI FI put the days takings in the safe and set the alarm.

Management They were fantastic to work for I loved working for them

The hardest part of my job.

I had caught people walking out the door with a laptops, head phones etc. They haven't even paid for them and to stop them in their tracks before they walked out the door and return the goods to me. Hard because I never done this job before and it made me feel good to stop shop lifters. and had to stop a lot of drunks coming into the store.

Enjoyable part of this job

It was just a great and happy place to work at

"The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow." - Jim Hightower
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 05. Apr 2011 at 14:28

Spectre   Offline
High Level Contributor
Unarmed Security
Victoria

I've been into the Chemist Warehouse locally and get the impression the staff they're hiring (for the security contract) are most likely working on student visas whilst in Australia going to University Wink
« Last Edit: 05. Apr 2011 at 14:29 by Spectre »  

"Folks who think profiling has no place in the world we live and believe that all folks have good intentions are called victims of violent crimes." - David Burnell
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 03. Jan 2011 at 14:51

Warlord   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

I know it's an old thread however:

I'm assuming given he rate quoted you were going for an LPO role.
Charter Security have been offering below award flat rates for many years with their LPO port folio.

Part of the problem is (like with many other areas of our industry) there will always be someone who will take them up on their offer, thus making it much harder to stamp out such practises in our industry.

Related to the above practise is those who have declined such offers (good on them), only to then later accept a role elsewhere (another company) where they're still not getting what is entitled to them yet have accepted the role.  Shocked

Charter Security (formely Charter Resources Group when commenced in 1996) have had a high turnover of managers in recent years. Incredibly high!

I understand they are only just know also getting their Superannuation in order having been working with the ATO to clear their Super debt which had blown out to an incredible sum.

Their LPO operations sufferd a bit of blow late year when they lost the Chemist Warehouse (national) contract to a company which offered a far superior saving to the client. Which begs the question, just what are that new company's staff getting? I'd hate to think.  Huh

As for Fairwork - Charter Security and Fairwork are already accquainted with each other.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 03. Jan 2011 at 14:53 by Warlord »  
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 17. Aug 2010 at 15:08

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

Monkey_Magic

Report them to the Fair Work Ombudsman.   If nothing comes of it then at least you have put Charter Security on their radar.   If enough people complain about them the FWO will investigate.

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 14. Aug 2010 at 14:41
Exploitation   Guest

If you dont need that particular job then no doubt you should turn the offer down and then report them to fair work.

IP Logged

13. Aug 2010 at 08:22

Monkey_Magic   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite
Melbourne

Hello all , I have just been offered a job on casual rates with Charter Security in Melbourne. They did not discuss pay at any time until I raised the issue after the initial interview. I guess I assumed they would pay the award rate.

So I asked what I would be payed , and the guy said $18.00 per hour casual. I told him that I was not happy to be payed less than the new award , and he said "Oh it will only be for 3 months , and then the pay will go up a bit , and anyway the award rates are always changing" blah blah blah.

Then I rang him back and said no I'm not happy to be payed $18.00 per hour casual for 3 months as a new guy... and he said just do a couple of training shifts and then we can negotiate your pay.

My thought is... what's to negotiate ? Pay me the award rate of $20.14 , nothing more and nothing less.

Should I contact The Fair Work Ombudsman , or just tell the Charter Security I'm not interested ?

Thank you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print