Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Rent A Cop Security (Read 36680 times)
Reply #15 - 04. Aug 2011 at 22:13

Darkdrphil   Offline
Casual Contributor
Workers Unite

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
hey clinton give me another fone call mate as i am NOT blare u sucm ball i am going to see what the tax man is going to take off me as i have still got patrols out standing and yes on the invoices there to RENT-A-COP not to the patrol officer in charge and that $500 uniform thing i have not seen nothing from it so please i am still waiting on the sue that u said u where going to get and get that so called private eye to do a back ground check as hes a fake like u running a company i think u need to start a new company called " how to fun a company down into a hole ".  What i also think is that u going under and starting a new company up called RENT-A-COP again man put some thought in it and next time come see me face to face and not a fone call man up
« Last Edit: 04. Aug 2011 at 22:39 by Darkdrphil »  
IP Logged

Reply #14 - 09. Jun 2011 at 13:49

Shane   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Brisbane

Hi all,

Good news Smiley Finally recieved something. I recieved just over $1000 from the Geers/Worrells Solvency. Better than nothing considering I was owed over $8000 + uniform allowances which I was told was going to be put straight into my account from this lowlife.

Hope everyone else had a good outcome, and to any future or current workers get out now / don't get involved. I hope this forum helps to stop criminals like this operating.

Regards Shane

Thanks and Regards
Shane
IP Logged

Reply #13 - 16. May 2011 at 11:24

kwozzie   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

Here is whole story as i understand it having been part of hirearchy. Rent a cop security services was Ian Stephens (clintons dad). He was sole but silent director. Clinton was general manager but ran it all.

Ian discovered company was trading insolvently since Aug 2010 and decided to pull plug. Clinton went into sham contracting by taking all employees off wages and making them become contractors at start of new financial year thus when company went in liquidation made them creditors.

He also split the services up and made the patrols into a seperate part which it had Blair run on the proviso that rent a cop would pay a monthly charge for services which he would then payout to the patrolees. Rent a cop knowing they were cash strapped then didnt pay for these services and were constantly 3 or so months behind.

Blair then quit as patrol manager still being owed for Dec and Jan. Ian then one week later put the company in liquidation. Clinton had seen it coming and registered a new version of rent a cop with slight name change and new ABN and continued trading using all of the original rent a cop clients vehicles and phone numbers a dodgy deal. He attempted to keep many of original staff by telling them lies about Blair having been paid despite the fact he is listed on liquidators creditors sheet as still being owed in excess of 15k.

He has also tried to block any attempts of anyone taking his clients by saying it is breach of contract even though contracts are null and void because of fact that they were with old insolvent rent a cop.  Please note a leopard wont change his spots and he will rip off a whole new generation of workers.

Fair Trading cant do anything unless current workers for new rent a cop take action. However all ex employees should contact liquidators as legal advice has determined that anyone forced to sign the new contracts last july were actually made to so under threat of no employment and so it is sham contract (the conditions of the contract also were sham as as a contractor we were allowed to advertise our services and work for other companies as contractors dont have that tie or restraint) and GEERs should be able to determine any wages lost or owed.

Be on the lookout for the companies that helped Clinton to do this to his old workers ... taking over patrol runs etc as it has just facilitated getting a con man back on his feet while his ex workers have lost cars, houses, hire purchases, struggled to feed their kids  all because he should have stopped trading 8 months ago instead of keep hiring and not paying.

I Feel sorry for Blair, Steve, Shane, Ryan, Ben, Adam, Gavin, all owed thousands for working their asses off while the money somehow disappeared ... BEWARE OF RENT A COP AND PARTICULARLY CLINTON STEPHENS

Administrator note: I have broken the original post down to readable paragraphs.
« Last Edit: 16. May 2011 at 13:50 by Administrator »  
IP Logged

Reply #12 - 29. Mar 2011 at 08:34

Shane   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Brisbane

You will probably find that the other company is in another persons name but run by Clinton.

Thanks and Regards
Shane
IP Logged

Reply #11 - 29. Mar 2011 at 02:51

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

If you cannot get Clinton to pay up your wages then maybe you could let Fair Trading know about his predicament.

These are questions he needs to answer to renew his security company licence:

Have you ever been bankrupt or had your estate assigned for the benefit of your creditors?

Are you currently facing charges for a disqualifying offence as defined in the Security Providers
Act 1993 that has/have not been determined by the court?

Have you been convicted of an offence against the Industrial Relations Act 1999 (Qld),
Workplace Relations Act 1996 (Cwlth), or the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cwlth) relating to the under
payment of award wages?

Have you contravened an order of the Industrial Commission or of the Industrial Magistrates
Court to pay wages?

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

Reply #10 - 28. Mar 2011 at 08:23

ColinV   Offline
Casual Contributor
Workers Unite

Firstly to all the Security Persons fighting to attain payments owing, I wish you all the best of luck.  The Security Industry needs a complete over haul to lessen the risk of rouge operators as the one mentioned on this forum.  Myself having been invloved in the Security Industry for over 20 years, have seen many rouge operators, many officers taken for a ride.

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 27. Mar 2011 at 18:52

Shane   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Brisbane

They are still operating just under a different ABN "Rent a cop pty ltd" completely legal apparently, ethical ? I don't think so. Still no money from anyone as of yet.

Thanks and Regards
Shane
IP Logged

Reply #8 - 27. Mar 2011 at 11:48

davidthedogman   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Shane something seriously dodgy here, they continue to advertise on radio, and in fact still provide security for radio station 4BC

Dave

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 26. Feb 2011 at 16:06

Shane   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Brisbane

Hi all,

Just wanted to let anyone know that is thinking of going through the fair work ombudsman to get your money back, don't bother.

Since Rent-A-Cop Security Services Pty Ltd has gone into liquidation they cannot do anything for you apparently there is a government dept called "Geers" that might pay out your money but I will let you know when I get my letter from FWO.

Thanks and Regards
Shane

Thanks and Regards
Shane
IP Logged

Reply #6 - 26. Feb 2011 at 15:15
blane   Guest

Rent a Cop is a joke of a company, they owe all the guards that work/worked for them thousands of dollars and Clinton is sliming his way out of paying them! Clinton is good at lying and ripping people off but no good at running a security! he is a lier and a cheat and i pity anyone who gets "security Services" for him

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 24. Feb 2011 at 16:53

davidthedogman   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

They advertise on 4BC each day so there is someone working it.

Dave

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 21. Feb 2011 at 14:39

Shane   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Brisbane

You are half correct Billy, "Rent A Cop Security Services Pty Ltd" and "Corporate Security Solutions" trading under the same ABN number has gone into liquidation. However from my understanding they are still operating from an ABN "Rent A Cop" and the trading name Rent A Cop Security Services.

Bit of a shifty situation they have gone into liquidation and as quick as that started trading under another similar name while still avoiding paying everyone they owe.

Thanks and Regards
Shane
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 21. Feb 2011 at 13:46
billy   Guest

I recently heard rent a cop has been shut down.can anyone verify this??

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 23. Dec 2010 at 08:02
billy   Guest

whilst i never have had any dealings with clinton or his company i know alot of people who have most of which he owes money to.and i know of occasions he has pulled cards of other companies this is nothing more than a dog act because it reflects on the guards being blamed for not doing their job by the bosses of these other companies.i would hate to see a good officer lose his job over a dog act as such or who knows what might happen...

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 21. Dec 2010 at 12:56
dan   Guest

HI DREW
I WORKED FOR RENT A COP WHAT A DODGY GROUP THEY ARE.TOLD NOT TO GIVE 3 CALLS A NIGHT JUST 1 SO IT LOOKS LIKE WE BEEN THERE.PULL OTHER COMPANIES CARD OUT AND NOT EVEN GET PAID FOR DOING THE JOB.I'M GOING TO REPORT THEM AND SEE HOW LONG THEY LAST.CLINTON IS THE WORST OF THEM ALL.I ASKED FOR BACK UP ONE NIGHT HE SHOWED UP AND LEFT JUST AS QUICK.YOUR ON YOUR OWN.DON'T WORK FOR HIM OR YOU'LL DO IT FOR NOTHING.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print