Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Work Boots (Read 20055 times)
Reply #12 - 12. Jan 2015 at 18:04

Welsh   Offline
High Level Contributor
Gimp King
Brisbane

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
I recently got Dr. Martins from having Swats for the better part of 3 years.
Never have I been so disappointed in the quality or life span of a boot before I got Swats.

Current Dr. Martins aren't Zip up which is the only thing I don't like about them but otherwise they're super.

-Welsh
IP Logged

Reply #11 - 12. Jan 2015 at 10:03

JD   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

I have steel Blue response boots, got to say they have been better than magnums and more comfortable. Always buy boots to at least cover your ankle not only for support but protection. Added bonus with zip up sides and laces too  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 05. Jan 2013 at 00:02

swannjohnm   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

Work boots are very essential for you because you need to put on them to job. A pair of good work boots can deliver great relaxation and security to legs, so it is very important to choose a good pair of work boots for you.

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 02. Nov 2012 at 01:46

Loki   Offline
High Level Contributor
Part of the Solution
Newcastle

This thread has been dead for a while but this is a topic dear to my heart. 

Been in security for 12 years and have worn a variety of brand shoes (Magnum/SWAT/etc) and I have to say that my current pair are by far the most comfortable shoe I have ever owned aside from joggers. 

Cost me $200 and a trip from Newcastle to Canberra to see Legear.  Check out legears website if you need ANY security gear.

Anyway, I have now got a pair of Converse Rapids

Best.boot.ever.

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 07. May 2012 at 21:54

Welsh   Offline
High Level Contributor
Gimp King
Brisbane

Spectre wrote on 27. May 2011 at 14:05:
ausguard wrote on 01. Feb 2011 at 13:05:
SWAT do make quality boots. Will be looking at getting a pair soon.

So ausguard did you end up getting those SWAT boot? any impressions?

I've worn Dr. Martins boots for years and enjoy their comfort (once adequately broken in) and quality/longevity, in recent years I've opted for a steel cap boot made by Blacksmith, the aggressive sole pattern is great for alternating terrain and subtle enough for more urban environments, at half the price of my old Doc's they seemed like an okay investment and I'm on my second pair, I believe the earlier versions of this boot had a Kevlar toe...

I've recently become a owner of S.W.A.T Boots and oh lord I have nothing but GREAT things to say about them.
In short they have to be the most comfortable boots you'll EVEN ware once you've broken them in.

Also in the range of safety toe you can get both steal cap and Plastic / Kevlar which are Airport friendly which was a set I went with.

I had my boots on last week for 24 hours straight and when I did take my boots off my feet weren't even bothering me.
I don't know of any other Brand or type of Boot one can have on their feet for 24 hours with Zero issues.

-Welsh
IP Logged

Reply #7 - 27. May 2011 at 14:05

Spectre   Offline
High Level Contributor
Unarmed Security
Victoria

ausguard wrote on 01. Feb 2011 at 13:05:

So ausguard did you end up getting those SWAT boot? any impressions?

I've worn Dr. Martins boots for years and enjoy their comfort (once adequately broken in) and quality/longevity, in recent years I've opted for a steel cap boot made by Blacksmith, the aggressive sole pattern is great for alternating terrain and subtle enough for more urban environments, at half the price of my old Doc's they seemed like an okay investment and I'm on my second pair, I believe the earlier versions of this boot had a Kevlar toe...

"Folks who think profiling has no place in the world we live and believe that all folks have good intentions are called victims of violent crimes." - David Burnell
IP Logged

Reply #6 - 01. Feb 2011 at 13:05

ausguard   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 01. Feb 2011 at 00:49

davidthedogman   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

SWAT Tactical, cost $260.00 comfort 10 / lightweight durable 10.  Lace up with side zips/

Dave

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 17. Jan 2011 at 22:48

ausguard   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Im with K9 on this one. I have a pair of magnum combat boots and they work great. Also another pair i often use are a German Boot from the company Meindel. These are great comfy boot.
Let us know which boot you decide on, and maybe do a short review.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 03. Jan 2011 at 21:03

Ex-Security2011   Offline
High Level Contributor

I've worn Taipans for 10 years now and have only been through 3 pairs in that time. I've never had any issues with sore feet or slip problems

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 02. Jan 2011 at 20:30

k9 shadow   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

i use magnum high tec's and find them great for clubs, and out in field. very comfortable to wear and walk around on ur feet for those long shifts. i find them good in the rain on slippery grounds of all sorts iv never had a problem with them im on my second pair in 3 years  Smiley so they lasted a a fair bit compared to the punishment iv put them through. in saying that i looked after them well at the same time.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 02. Jan 2011 at 12:04
whiteshirt   Guest

Try Olivers,Blundestone,TBoots,Redback,
The only problem is comfort vs price.
Pay for what you get.

IP Logged

28. Dec 2010 at 14:24
Starkuless   Guest

G'day,

I was after some suggestions on a good pair of slip resistant / non slip work boots to wear in the pub / club environment.

The main factor I am looking for is slip resistant, the pair of Hush Puppies I have are great for walking around a carpeted office but fail dismally in the grip department!

Cheers,

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print