Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Nuforce Security Services (Read 24013 times)
Reply #9 - 14. Jun 2012 at 03:27

K9Unit   Offline
Casual Contributor
Workers Unite

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Phil21 wrote on 11. Jun 2012 at 09:05:
rosters by email a week in advance, pays time and ahalf and double time on weekends

What are these things of which you speak? Surely you jest and speak of sheer fantasy sir! lol

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 11. Jun 2012 at 09:05

Phil21   Offline
High Level Contributor
Crowd Controller
Brisbane

Welsh I must say that sounds about right. The clubs were fun as well, as long as you had the right boys with you.

While Gavin seemed alright on a few occasions I must say, that I wasn't really a fan of him, maybe also just because of the way he treated myself. Anyhow since I'm not with the company since 11/2011 I'm not sure whether he stood down or quit, the only thing I always heard from other guards is that he got stood down and a new supervisor (Jason) replaced him.

As far as rumours go it was because he wasn't liked by many guards and most complained about having problems with him. But like I said thats the rumour not the truth told from both sides.

I'm for myself am happy that I'm now with a company that rosters by email a week in advance, pays time and ahalf and double time on weekends, and first and for most that doesn't srew you around 30 minutes before your shift is suppose to start.

Cheers Phil

Lets keep the peace. So others may walk in peace.
IP Logged

Reply #7 - 11. Jun 2012 at 01:30

Welsh   Offline
High Level Contributor
Gimp King
Brisbane

Hey Phil. Gavin is Ex QPS, He's got some crackers stories. He's a good bloke just not super at his Job.

I'm not sure if he got stood down or he quit that position. I know Nuforce have anyway had issues getting Gimps to do the Rostering side of the business / Office work from day dot.

Recently Nuforce have been loosing all their good guards, Over the last few months so it's no surprise that is some BS going on with Rosters etc.

I'm always will to have a chat to anyone about Nuforce in General, The good times and more importantly that bad.

Cheers

-Welsh
IP Logged

Reply #6 - 10. Jun 2012 at 13:27

Phil21   Offline
High Level Contributor
Crowd Controller
Brisbane

Yer Welsh it appears to be the big picture aye. While I thought at the beginning most of them are alright guys. There are more and more problems that arise. As I have heard recently, Gavin, one of their supervisors has been stood down from supervision duty and moved back to normal duties. This came after numerous people (including myself) have left the company due to his inability to give good rosters, communicate well with his guards or show some god damn respect for anyone one else but himself and a few mates. I used it exactly as you suggested as a stepping stone and I think currently (unless you are Exmilitary or Expolice) you need to use some sort of crowdcontrol as a stepping stone.

I guess they are a little bit of evil that we won't get rid of any time soon. Unfortunately.

Cheers Phil

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 07. May 2012 at 21:32

Welsh   Offline
High Level Contributor
Gimp King
Brisbane

Shane wrote on 08. Jan 2011 at 15:35:
I would just like to warn those looking for work to stay away from them.

From what I remember they pay a flat rate of around 20.02 even if it's public holidays or sat/sun work. In the 2 months I was employed by Nuforce I was sent to numerous shifts and 10 minutes before I was due to start I would get a phone call from management explaining I was not needed as it was not as busy as expected.
so
They are always looking for workers in the paper so im guessing that they are not retaining/looking after any of their staff and i'm not really supprised taking into consideration my experience with them.

I can add to what Shane has posted here and give some updated information regarding Nuforce.
I worked for them from August 08 to November 11 & I've got so many stories of the ups and downs, From my experience all I can say to Guards that may be interested in working for them is don't expect any sort of consistency nor the ability to draw a 'Full Time' wage / living from them. They are focused around Guards that do it for extra income or Uni students which it suites their studies.

Not to mention as they have a large turn over of staff they are always looking for staff as mentioned in Shane's post & they will do their best to pay new staff or new 'Green' guards as little as possible. I think the only thing that saved me from this screw around was the fact I had just come across from another company that I'd been with for 6 months.

I always got the feeling due to the consistent ads in the Careers section of the paper was they treat all there staff as nothing more then payroll numbers  as obtaining new staff in Brisbane is easy and they don't really care about you unless they are in a bind and are chasing a Guard for a last minute roster change, However even if you do everything they ask of you, You still won't get anywhere with them, Not for anyone that is interested in Security for the long term as a Career unless they are using Nuforce as a stepping stone while gaining experience.

Something else I'll mention briefly is their inability to write a roster which doesn't get changed 10 times during the week or in wrong in the first place which screws the Guards around.

I put with it during my time till I had a workcover incident and I had it come back to me that within the Nuforce office I was being labeled as a Workcover Fraud which would explain why I was getting terrible hours after I did return from my time off. This was short lived as I refuse to work for anyone that talks about me behind my back about a situation as serious as Fraud, Without having the Guts to talk directly with me.

Talk about an EPIC fail in workplace communication, I'm trying to get some of my Ex nuforce work mates on this forum to both add content to the forum but also this specific thread on Nuforce

Enjoy.

-Welsh
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 16. Aug 2011 at 17:02

Phil21   Offline
High Level Contributor
Crowd Controller
Brisbane

Hey Shane,

I have to say I have made a quiet different experience to your. I'm employed by NuForce now since beginning of this year. I got some positive things but also some negative things I would like to state.

Like I said I'm working for NuForce since the beginning of the year and yes I have to admit the beginning wasn't the easiest bit. I had to call up again and again to make sure I got shifts for the first three weeks however afterwards I received my roster like everyone else by SMS Sunday nights or Monday morning.
When signing up I received a new shirt and two earpieces (different ones for certain venues) however money was deducted from my pay for these items, which I find a acceptable.

Within a few weeks I got an average of 15 hours a week, two, three shifts, Fridays and Saturdays in the Brisbane CBD or Fortitude Valley. I'm happy with that, yet one negative point is that I sometimes have trouble getting more work. To come to your other point about coming to a venue and being told that you are not needed, yes I have experience this before too, however normally I was placed in another venue in the Valley. To be honest most of the time I understand the business practice is to call in more than one guard and use whoever comes first. I feel like this is an acceptable business practice if you try to ensure a good service to the clients. I know that for us guards its not the greatest thing however to be fair I only see it happening to younger or newer guards, as most of the experienced guards are always able to find enough work.

Eddie Pole and Gavin, the supervisors in the region are well respected and I feel it works on the basis of "You respect me I will respect you". Certainly there are certain pains that occur if you are a new guard, walking through the valley to get more hours, standing in boring spots and being called in Sunday nights at 8pm to work at 8.30 are only some of them but as the saying goes, no master has fallen from the sky. I think Eddie and Gavin take good care of their guards and also are very involved in the business as they both still work night hours and have their venues.

As for other guards I have worked with guards who worked for NuForce now for several years as well as young guards who have just started in the security sector. Most guards who have been with NuForce seem to be very happy. I know some guards mostly young ones who aren't happy with the venues or hours they get, yet I believe you need to work your up, instead of expecting everything from beginning on.

Regarding the wages, I currently received around 22$ for any day, and opposite to you Shane been paid double pay for public holidays. The last one I believe was Easter.

Overall I would have to say, I like working for NuForce, I'm doing it to get a foot into the security sector before I got higher into CIT or CP.

If any of you guys have more question I'm more than happy to answer them, however I think I can't say that much more about NuForece

Phi

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 19. Feb 2011 at 06:31

Phil   Offline
New Contributor
Brisbane

Shane,

your not the only one that they have done this to it seems to be a common practice for them many venues i was supposed to work only to be moved to another venue when they stated they would require another guard, only to be told by the new venue you are not needed.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 12. Jan 2011 at 07:06

Shane   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Brisbane

I thought that was the case aswell but not with Nuforce, everyone else seems to do that though Smiley It was just a waste of money and a huge waste of time.

Thanks and Regards
Shane
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 11. Jan 2011 at 21:59

davidthedogman   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Shane just a question and maybe others can answer this, is there a min shift allowance if your shift is terminated once you are onsite or have been onsite?

I know in most industries, if you arrive for a shift and are not required you get paid a 4 hour minimum.

Dave

IP Logged

08. Jan 2011 at 15:35

Shane   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Brisbane

Hi guys,

When I was first starting in the industry I started doing Crowd Control with Nuforce in Brisbane, I would just like to warn those looking for work to stay away from them.

From what I remember they pay a flat rate of around 20.02 even if it's public holidays or sat/sun work. In the 2 months I was employed by Nuforce I was sent to numerous shifts and 10 minutes before I was due to start I would get a phone call from management explaining I was not needed as it was not as busy as expected. I was offered atleast a fri/sat night shift throughout the 2 months and only actually managed to do two shifts in my whole two months.

In one instance I arrived at the venue and was told to come back in an hour as it was not busy, an hour later I had a call from management to go home.

They are always looking for workers in the paper so im guessing that they are not retaining/looking after any of their staff and i'm not really supprised taking into consideration my experience with them.

They didn't even have a uniform for me for atleast 3 weeks and I was even turned away from jobs on arrival because of this reason, when I finally got a shirt it was a second hand one from a previous guard.

Huge waste of time !

Thanks and Regards
Shane
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print