Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
NSW licence renewal (Read 8597 times)
Reply #1 - 12. Feb 2011 at 01:22

GeorgeK   Offline
Medium Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Hi guys. Just heard of this forum - great idea!
I had the same question a couple of years ago.  I gave the SIR hell when they sent back my application because I forgot to include my birth certificate (again).  I demanded to speak with a manager and gave him a few choice words. As it turns out the SI Act says you can't renew licences. Everyone has to apply like a first-timer every single time!  The SIR told me they've been trying to get the Act changed for years as they agree it's ridiculous and it creates a lot of extra work and complaints for them.  I told them to stop trying and start doing but supposedly Police have to request some other part of Govt to make the changes and they keep getting knocked back. The guy told me that he was looking at a scanned copy of my certficate while he was talking to me, but he couldn't take my new application unless I gave it to them again.  Lucky I still had a couple of days left on my licence, otherwise it would have cost me at least a month's work.  Angry In the end I actually thanked the guy and said sorry!  It was obvious they cop it everyday over this issue and are just as frustrated.  Apparently they've been trying to get rid of character references too - which is another WTF!? part of the whole process.  I took 5 years this time so I won't have to worry for a few more years.

IP Logged

11. Feb 2011 at 18:41
Jim   Guest

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Answer me this..... why in NSW if you get a 1 year licence, you have to keep showing your cert 2 and birth certificate every year? especially after the recent overhaul were everyone had to redo or upgrade thier cert 2, the registry obviously already knows your a resident / citizen, and that you have done your cert2 ??!?!?! it sux big time..i know its a vent but i cant afford the $500 for the 5 year licence

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print