Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker
  Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Control Room Licencing in QLD (Read 2994 times)
Reply #2 - 29. Apr 2011 at 09:30

Asset Training Australia   Offline
High Level Contributor
Training Australia's Security

Posts: 80
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

You do not need to complete the full Cert II in order to get a monitoring license however you would need to do most of the units plus there are a couple of monitoring units that are not in the 'standard' Cert II which are required for a monitoring licence.

We offer the Cert II with an additiional module for the monitoring units however if you would like to do a monitoring only course we can customize one for you. Alternatively if you are interested (and if you are eligible) we can put you through the Cert II and/or Cert III including the monitoring competencies under the Governments Productivity Places Program so there will be no cost to you.

If you think you are entitled to RPL then ask. It is an easy process if you talk to an RTO with assessors that know what they are doing. It can save you time and money so don't shy away from it.

Let me know if you would like any assistance.

Mark Costello
Asset Training Australia

IP Logged
Reply #1 - 29. Apr 2011 at 06:26

needtoknow   Offline
Casual Contributor

Posts: 15
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
You need Cert 2 plus the monitoring modules in order to tick the monitoring box on the licence application form. You could either do the whole thing as a complete package or do them seperately. SDS Security offer monitoring certification (self paced) for $120, not including the Cert 2 part.
IP Logged
29. Apr 2011 at 02:33

whiteshirt   Offline
High Level Contributor

Posts: 51
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Coming from working in  the days before Levels 1,2,3,4, and so on.
What is the minmum QLD requirement?
Is it your CERT II in Sec Ops
The monitioring certificate[Unsure if Level applies].
It is that I have had some conflicting stories that you cannot do the monitioring one by itself  by an RTO [or maybe they are drumming up their CERTII and will do a Mon course when they get class numbers,]
As I was shopping around I came across and ad on a free communty website that said if Iwas a Uni student I could get my CERT II for $395,cheaper if I bought a friend,but am not sure if they did Mon courses,but they teed up interviews for you with a reputable security company,am too scared yet to ask about getting RPL'D. Grin

"Abandon all hope,ye  who enter here"
"I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6"
IP Logged
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print