Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
United Voice Security union? (Read 5861 times)
Reply #5 - 11. Oct 2011 at 10:07

ausguard   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
I agree. Gone are the days when the union were for the worker, now they are more interested I'm their fees. I stopped paying the LHMU fees years ago as they did jack sht.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 11. Oct 2011 at 07:47

Midnight NT   Offline
Casual Contributor
Workers Unite

Unions do not represent anyone but themselves! I was a staunch Union member but they Fck me and 12 others over, all we wanted was a visit to talk about issues and they couldn't be bothered, so we resigned on mass, that got their attention but even after all that they could not visit us so I say Fck the Unions! What we need is a lobby or just get the staff together to save money like union fees and hire a Layer to attack the issue that way you may get proper representation? Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 07. Aug 2011 at 19:24

Warlord   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Merc - Your post contains a clear level of frustration and annoyance.

Something I was trying to convince a Union spokesperson exisits amongst some of its members, however they just would not acknowledge it was a possibility.
« Last Edit: 07. Aug 2011 at 19:24 by Warlord »  
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 30. Jul 2011 at 04:30

merc   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

My view? they're absolutely fkn hopeless so far we have an EBA and iss can do whatever the FK they please infact in 2 seperate cases i was told by a union person from the union rights centre i needed to go ahead and contact FWA or FWO for action.

at that point i thought why the hell am i a member of this union? they dont go out of there way to help you infact in 3 years ive seen a union rep twice.

and on that note how the FK can a union up your union fee's and your employer except the rate increase and it just shows up on your pay docket without anyone ever having told you at all that it was going to go up in the first place. Angry

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 18. Jul 2011 at 17:58

Major Function   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Newcastle NSW

TJ I am a member of this union and a union is only as strong as its members make it. That could be by voting in strong leaders or weak leaders. There has been a bit of talk on this site about them.

I have had some unsatisfactory dealings with them but I am still a member.

Now back to the membership if you do join and you can see where the UV (United Voice) can be improved put your name in as a organiser.

IP Logged

18. Jul 2011 at 15:33

Solotech   Offline
Casual Contributor
Licensed Security Guard
Algester, QLD

Was approached by a bloke from this union today, with a view to signing me up as a member.

Are they worth the $10 per week from my pay? Do they have enough numbers to actually make a difference in pay rate / conditions negotiations?

I haven't been a union member of any industry for years. I'd appreciate any opinions, facts, fiction, or otherwise.

Thanks.

-----------
Regards,
Tony
-----------

I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather. Not kicking and screaming like his passengers. Smiley
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print