Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
SNP Security (Read 27002 times)
Reply #15 - 04. Feb 2014 at 18:48

NWTR   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
A lot of companies pay or piss into the pockets of the person who is issuing the contract to them, ie the sites manager that looks after security etc..etc... not sayign SNP is guilty of this but i know of companies that are, also with cleaning contracts, not just security.

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 19. Jan 2014 at 18:50

Loki   Offline
High Level Contributor
Part of the Solution
Newcastle

Devlin wrote on 19. Jan 2014 at 17:05:
If SNP is so bad, how come they get major contracts like to provide security at the airport?

Being quite dodgy behind the scenes as displayed by the conduct of SNP with the New England Uni.

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 19. Jan 2014 at 17:05

Devlin   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

If SNP is so bad, how come they get major contracts like to provide security at the airport?

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 13. Feb 2013 at 09:16

Loki   Offline
High Level Contributor
Part of the Solution
Newcastle

SNP is currently at a point where it is laying off staff. 

Unable to obtain new contracts due to other companies paying illegal wages and conditions undercutting them.  I've been hard on SNP in the past for their management style, but they're getting flogged at the moment for being the only company in Newcastle paying the award and not being dodgy.

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 27. Nov 2012 at 05:29

OverAll   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

Well maybe ICAC should look deeper into what is going on with a Company like these spoke about as I think this would be happening right across the all of security not only SNP but other ones as well....... Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 06. Nov 2012 at 18:41

Major Function   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Newcastle NSW

If FWA is not having any success in their dealings with this company the next step is to inform the ATO and ASIC. Hopefully they will take action.

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 06. Nov 2012 at 17:37

Loki   Offline
High Level Contributor
Part of the Solution
Newcastle

Arthur wrote on 06. Nov 2012 at 17:14:
I live in the Hunter and SNP manager types are always banging on about how hard it is to get people here.

I have a friend who applied for a job with SNP. He answered an add placed using SNP letterhead, attended an interview at SNP Newcastle and then went through an SNP assessment/induction. After being successful, he was taken off to the side by a manager (I won't name names) and told that he would be signing a casual employment contract with SNP but he would be working for a sub contractor called KE Security. He was not to tell the client under any circumstances that he worked for a sub contractor as the client had expressly forbid subcontracting in their agreement.

The sub contractor paid extremely poorly ($22 ph flat rate)and provided no pay slips. The contractor has apparently had several meetings with FWO regarding complaints from other former employees, but continues to refuse to issue pay slips or pay appropriately.

Is it any wonder they can't get people.

Well when it's laid out like that ... no, I don't believe there is any reason to ask why they cannot get staff when they've established themselves with that conduct. 

As much as I would like to be a manager, my ethics and SNP's ethics are nothing alike right now. 

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 06. Nov 2012 at 17:14

Arthur   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

I live in the Hunter and SNP manager types are always banging on about how hard it is to get people here.

I have a friend who applied for a job with SNP. He answered an add placed using SNP letterhead, attended an interview at SNP Newcastle and then went through an SNP assessment/induction. After being successful, he was taken off to the side by a manager (I won't name names) and told that he would be signing a casual employment contract with SNP but he would be working for a sub contractor called KE Security. He was not to tell the client under any circumstances that he worked for a sub contractor as the client had expressly forbid subcontracting in their agreement.

The sub contractor paid extremely poorly ($22 ph flat rate)and provided no pay slips. The contractor has apparently had several meetings with FWO regarding complaints from other former employees, but continues to refuse to issue pay slips or pay appropriately.

Is it any wonder they can't get people.
« Last Edit: 06. Nov 2012 at 17:15 by Arthur »  
IP Logged

Reply #7 - 04. Nov 2012 at 22:19

Loki   Offline
High Level Contributor
Part of the Solution
Newcastle

Arthur wrote on 03. Nov 2012 at 09:34:
Quote:
Martin McLean recently left SNP Newcastle and was last known to be "consulting" for United Security in Newcastle, who coincidentally has the contract for ALL SNP Patrols in the Newcastle area.

If ICAC were fair dinkum they'd have a look through that entire Newcastle office of SNP. That whole place is on the nose.

Not all of them, but yes there are a few in that office who need to go out the door for the same behaviour. Now with Martin gone perhaps these others will get noticed.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 03. Nov 2012 at 09:34

Arthur   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Quote:
Martin McLean recently left SNP Newcastle and was last known to be "consulting" for United Security in Newcastle, who coincidentally has the contract for ALL SNP Patrols in the Newcastle area.

If ICAC were fair dinkum they'd have a look through that entire Newcastle office of SNP. That whole place is on the nose.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 02. Nov 2012 at 19:53

Loki   Offline
High Level Contributor
Part of the Solution
Newcastle

Major Function wrote on 02. Nov 2012 at 19:01:
Loki, I have never worked for SNP so is Martin McLean the fellow they call Marty.

I was in Armidale a few weeks back at UNE "Teachers College" when a young guy wearing a SNP shirt walked into the room I was in. He was one of the sloppiest security guards I have ever seen, crumpled shirt hanging out all round, track shoes and baggy looking pants. He also could have done with a shave.

Yes, he's the one they called Marty.  As for the quality of guard, I know SNP was having problems sourcing staff in the Armidale area, but that's no excuse since I am expecting to do handover tonight with a sub standard guard.  The management is very detached from what the guard base is right now and as such, these guards are employed. OR ... he's a contractor for SNP, because that description is par for the course.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 02. Nov 2012 at 19:01

Major Function   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Newcastle NSW

Loki, I have never worked for SNP so is Martin McLean the fellow they call Marty.

I was in Armidale a few weeks back at UNE "Teachers College" when a young guy wearing a SNP shirt walked into the room I was in. He was one of the sloppiest security guards I have ever seen, crumpled shirt hanging out all round, track shoes and baggy looking pants. He also could have done with a shave.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 01. Nov 2012 at 22:11

Loki   Offline
High Level Contributor
Part of the Solution
Newcastle

ICAC Link

University of New England corruption allegations concerning Campus Services Manager (Operation Crusader)

Quote:
The ICAC investigated allegations that Colin McCallum, Campus Services Manager at the University of New England (UNE) corruptly solicited and received benefits for himself and others in return for improperly favouring Quad Services Pty Ltd, Sydney Night Patrol and Inquiry Pty Ltd (SNP), and Prosys Services Pty Ltd in the awarding of UNE contracts and for approving payment of false invoices submitted by those companies.

Mr McCallum was also alleged to have corruptly arranged for payment for the hire of UNE sports facilities for the use of New England Rugby Union by providing false and misleading information to other UNE employees.

In its report on the investigation, made public on 30 August 2012, the Commission makes corrupt conduct findings against Mr McCallum, and also against Dobrilla Cutler of Quad Services, Martin McLean of SNP and Neville Magi of Prosys Services. The Commission is of the opinion that the advice of the director of public prosecution should be sought with respect to the prosecution of Mr McCallum and Mr McLean for various offences. The Commission has made five corruption prevention recommendations to help UNE address weaknesses in its procurement process that were highlighted by the investigation.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 31. Oct 2012 at 11:38

Loki   Offline
High Level Contributor
Part of the Solution
Newcastle

Dogman wrote on 08. Aug 2011 at 09:07:
SNP Security seem to have a few problems with their auditors (non Railcorp) they have been known to use bully boy tactics which come in the form of harassment, bullying, racism and sexual harassment, dose anyone know about this?

I've been working for SNP Security for 12 years and can tell you from first hand experiences that these events occur, and still do.  The company has become a closed "clique" where in order to get ahead you need to be the mate of someone or be telling them exactly what they want to hear.  In my area of Newcastle, not a very happy workforce overall.  Contractors used in the area are paying illegal wages or twisting legitimate agreements to pay lower than they are expected to.  The inept are protected and to speak out sees you blacklisted to an out of sight out of mind site.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 11. Oct 2011 at 20:52

Political fan   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

Snp security ............. Most of the employees and auditors are really being wasted working for snp under stef's hand they should rather join the politics and be a candidate in the next election for sure he/she will have 2 votes one their one mine ............... HR should suggest another branch I.e "political affairs"........

IP Logged

08. Aug 2011 at 09:07

Dogman   Offline
Medium Level Contributor
Workers Unite

SNP Security seem to have a few problems with their auditors (non Railcorp) they have been known to use bully boy tactics which come in the form of harassment, bullying, racism and sexual harassment, dose anyone know about this?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print