Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Concerns over Fingerprintin (Read 4355 times)
Reply #6 - 16. Jun 2016 at 15:21

francuz1010   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Too complicated . This should be simplified.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 04. Jun 2015 at 14:56

aries2015   Offline
Medium Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Hi

Whats ironic is all these added security measures dont make it easier or simpler for new or existing renewals.

It just makes it a more inconvenient and difficult process that at one time you just had to pay the renewal notice at the bank.

The more they scrutinize the industry the worse they make it to get and renew your license.

This isn't addressing the problem, this is creating more problems and hassle for everyone.

« Last Edit: 04. Jun 2015 at 14:57 by aries2015 »  
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 09. Nov 2012 at 00:50

Loki   Offline
High Level Contributor
Part of the Solution
Newcastle

Major Function wrote on 08. Nov 2012 at 18:58:
In NSW finger printing for licences is done at most stations

I found it quite funny actually when I went and had my fingerprints taken, which by the way as of November 1st 2012 now costs $40 to have done in NSW!  As above though, my understanding is that you could attend any police station to get it done in NSW there was no requirement to visit only certain stations.

I went to my local station (Raymond Terrace) and the guys took me out the back and used a digital scanning machine (who knows what kind or model it was) and it was done in a couple of minutes. I had done mobile patrols in the same area as they policed and I knew a few of the officers in there by name so it was a pretty laid back experience.

Another guard who I was working with recently told me about how he went to a police station, without calling in advance and from what I can gather be basically told the officers it was their job to accommodate him to get the fingerprints done as he was running out of time to submit his forms. The officers kindly obliged this rude individual and took his prints ... using the ink pad. 3 weeks later his paperwork was returned and he was told that his fingerprints had been deemed unable to be read and he would need to go back and do it all again.

Just goes to show a little respect goes a long way when working with other departments.
« Last Edit: 09. Nov 2012 at 00:51 by Loki »  
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 08. Nov 2012 at 18:58

Major Function   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Newcastle NSW

In NSW finger printing for licences is done at most stations

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 08. Nov 2012 at 15:09

JVH   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

As a former police officer, Livescan fingerprinting machines are installed at most 24 hour Police Stations.   I can't see any reason for the fingerprints to be done at these stations.   This would save a tremendous amount of time.   It is ridiculous for someone having to travel lets say from Warrigal into the city to have their fingerprints taken when they could be taken at the local 24 hour Police Station.   Another issue is that when you make an appointment in Melbourne and you are 5 minutes late because of traffic or because the public transport system is running behind schedule, you are told to make another booking and come back another day (waste of time).
Maybe ASIAL may want to re-raise this issue with LSD and the Minister

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 05. Mar 2012 at 08:32

Spectre   Offline
High Level Contributor
Unarmed Security
Victoria

I booked in for my fingerprinting & National record check as soon as I received my license renewal documentation, LRD are claiming a minimum of 20 days turn around on all processing...
« Last Edit: 05. Mar 2012 at 08:34 by Spectre »  

"Folks who think profiling has no place in the world we live and believe that all folks have good intentions are called victims of violent crimes." - David Burnell
IP Logged

26. Oct 2011 at 10:36

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

From the ASIAL websitehttp://www.asial.com.au/

Quote:
In July/August ASIAL met with Victoria Police, Licensing & Regulation Division (LRD) and the Office of the Minister for Police & Emergency Services to raise concerns over arrangements regarding fingerprinting for the renewal of security licenses.

LRD has now advised that the following changes have been made:

The regional sites of Geelong, Ballarat and Bendigo have been opened up for appointments twice a week.
In a short period of time Vic Pol will have 3 additional Livescan machines which will be operating at the World Trade Centre in addition to the 2 that are currently operating.
Renewal notices are now going out earlier, having been extended from 8 to 10 weeks.
The information going out with renewal notices (if read fully) now advises the applicant to submit the renewal application before the licence expires and send in the National Police Records Check separately.

What does it mean for individual security licence holders?

When you receive your renewal notice immediately book in for your fingerprints and complete the renewal process as a matter of priority. Pay for your licence, have your photograph taken, complete the paper work and return the documents as per the instructions to LRD and before the required date. When you receive your National Police Records Check you will be required to forward that to LRD.

More information is available on the LRD web site

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print