Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Security Industry Council of New South Wales (Read 4758 times)
Reply #7 - 21. Feb 2012 at 18:40

ausguard   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
It's a crazy industry where in. Industry standards are changing every week!

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 21. Feb 2012 at 10:00

Drew   Offline
High Level Contributor
What's the best in the
world at your job doing
now
Brisbane

So are you getting rid of mandatory membership to industry associations?

In Queensland we have just brought in that companies have to become a member of an industry organisation.........

Next we will bring in daylight savings just after you get rid of it!!!!!

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 21. Feb 2012 at 09:58

Spectre   Offline
High Level Contributor
Unarmed Security
Victoria

NWTR wrote on 20. Feb 2012 at 23:10:
Someone from QANTAS ? WTF?

Wouldn't it make more sense to have a delegated representative from CASA?  Shocked

"Folks who think profiling has no place in the world we live and believe that all folks have good intentions are called victims of violent crimes." - David Burnell
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 21. Feb 2012 at 06:13

ausguard   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

I read as well that NSW are getting rid of the P class. About time if you ask me. SLED will run the industry into the ground.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 20. Feb 2012 at 23:10

NWTR   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Here we go

(2) The Security Industry Council is to consist of 13 members, of whom:

(a) 1 is to be appointed by the Minister as Chairperson in accordance with subclause (3), and

(b) 12 are to be appointed by the Minister in accordance with subclause (4).

(3) The Chairperson is to be an independent and eminent person appointed on an honorarium basis by the Minister on the advice of the members appointed under subclause (4).

(4) The appointed members are as follows:

(a) 1 representative of the Law Enforcement and Security Coordination Division, Department of Premier and Cabinet,

(b) 1 representative of the Security Industry Registry, NSW Police Force,

(b1) 1 representative of the NSW Police Force (being a police officer who has been nominated by the Commissioner),

(c) 1 representative of the Vocational Education and Training Accreditation Board,

(d) 1 representative of the Australian Liquor, Hospitality and Miscellaneous Union,

(e) 1 representative of the Transport Workers’ Union,

(f) 1 representative of the Office of Fair Trading, Department of Commerce,

(g) 1 representative of Qantas,

(h) 1 representative of Australian Bankers’ Association,

(i) 1 representative from 3 different approved security industry associations.

(5) A member (other than a member referred to in subclause (4) (a)-(b1)) is to be appointed for a period of 3 years unless the member is unable to continue his or her appointment.

Someone from QANTAS ? WTF?

Supposedly this year they are making it so Master Licence holders dont need to be a member of an approrved industry organisation?  Im sure this will annoy the hell out of CHubbsial aka ASIAL.  And they organisations will lose alot of money.  To be honest the only time i hear from my organisation is to ask for this years fees, or to tell me about public holdiday wages usually at easter and christmas.  Anything else i need to know is in the awards, or the security regulations.  Ive never been a union person, but i seriously think this industry as large as it is needs a dedicated union.

I also heard they are getting rid of the provisional licence thing soon too anyone else heard?

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 20. Feb 2012 at 22:33

Major Function   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Newcastle NSW

The LHMU does not recognise this body mainly because it is an employer organisation.

The Council is the body that talks to the SIR and suggests what training is appropriate for the industry. Then we the workers must go through the training provided by the RTO who are also members of these Approved Security Organisations.

This is why we need to be in a union or an Security Employees Organisation.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 20. Feb 2012 at 21:56

Spectre   Offline
High Level Contributor
Unarmed Security
Victoria

The Council comprises members from Approved Security Organisations, the NSW Police and an undisclosed amalgamation of interested parties Wink
« Last Edit: 20. Feb 2012 at 21:57 by Spectre »  

"Folks who think profiling has no place in the world we live and believe that all folks have good intentions are called victims of violent crimes." - David Burnell
IP Logged

20. Feb 2012 at 16:59

NWTR   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Who are they ? What are they ? Where are they?  They always seem to be mentioned but i cant find any info on them, apart from the photocopied forms with SIC NSW on them i recieved from my industry organisation when i receieved my masters licence.  Does anyone else in NSW have any clues to this mysterious council?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print