Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Secom Security (Read 22483 times)
Reply #6 - 04. Feb 2014 at 18:45

NWTR   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Funny how Secom seem to have secured the NSW RMS/RTA  security contracts........paying under the award.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 11. May 2012 at 10:47

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

Adnan

This a direct link to Secom Security - Employee Collective Agreement 2009 - 2014:http://fwa.gov.au/documents/agreements/wpa/CAEN096234891.pdf

This Employee Collective Agreement was made just prior to the Fair Work Act 2009 which was legislation that the Labor Government brought into power to combat the Workplace Relations Act 1996.   The Workplace Relations Act 1996 was brought into power by the Liberal Party Howard Government and was meant to strip away a lot of workers rights that were contained in separate state awards. Angry

This agreement that you talk about, the Secom Security - Employee Collective Agreement 2009 - 2014 will expire in 2014 and would require the agreement from both parties to terminate it prior to 2014.   It was proposed by Secom and voted on by the then employees just prior to the implementation of the Fair Work Act 2009.   This meant it did not have to comply with the conditions of this act and hence the working conditions and pay levels are sub standard to what is required when proposing the Enterprise Agreements under the Fair Work Act.

I would like to know the circumstances where the then employees were asked to vote on it.   It appears strange that the majority of the workforce would vote for an agreement which held little or no benefit to them when they only had to wait until the Fair Work Act came into power.   This agreement would not be tolerated under the Fair Work Act 2009 regulations.   The trouble was that the Fair Work Australia had to approve this agreement because it complied with the old Workplace Relations Act 1996 just prior to the Fair Work Act 2009 taking effect.

The procedures for employees to vote on agreement during the Workplace Relations Act 1996 regime were lax and I would question the legality of this agreement on that point. Roll Eyes

In summary, Adnan you are working under a sub standard agreement with no provision for pay rises and hence all Secom employees will fall behind in wage levels until $18.37 per hour falls below the Federal Minimum Wage.   Then it will be adjusted but you will only be on the Federal Minimum Wage currently at $15.51 per hour

Secom secured these agreements and now under cut other security firms who are required to comply with the Modern Award -  the Security Services Industry Award or agreements made under the that award.   In essence they are a scourge on the Security Industry and are systematically under cutting other security firms when it comes to security contracting. Sad

This is another post that highlights the under handed tactics by Secom

http://ausecurityworker.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1308279081/0#0

For all the failings of the Labor Party at present, I would have to bring myself to vote Labor only to hope that another Liberal govenment does not get into power and cause havoc in Workplace Relations again.   Undecided

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 11. May 2012 at 02:23

Adnan   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

fwa.gov.au/documents/agreements/wpa/CAEN096234891.pdf

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 09. May 2012 at 22:34

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

Adnan

If you can name the enterprise agreement you are on, I can examine it and give you some advice.

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 08. May 2012 at 22:14

Adnan   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

Our hourly rate is
$18.37.
Monday - Sunday, public holidays included.  At bottom of the wage chart is says this "NOTE that the above adult basic periodic rates of pay must always be equal to or bove the Federal Minimum WAGE set by the AFPC"  The only thin 18.37 is above is the federal day shift rate by less than a dollar. It is not above nightshift penalites and weekend penalties that i WAS on.

All employees will be paid the basic periodic rate of pay set out in 3.2.1 of this agreement for work on public holidays as the hourly rate of pay compensates for the exclusion of public holiday penalties.

All annual leave for a fulltime employee will be payable at thier basic periodic rate of pay as set out in clause 3.2.1

Plus as a 7 day shiftworker i used to get 5 weeks leave, now i do same roster, 7 day shift worker and only get 4 weeks leave.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 08. May 2012 at 08:35

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

Adnan

Go to this Fair Work Australia webpage for finding agreements. http://www.fwa.gov.au/index.cfm?pagename=agreementsfind

Type in the agreement that you are working under and see if it exists.   If it exists look at it to see if it contains what you are led to believe is its contents.   It it contains these pay rates then check out when it expires.   If the agreement has expired, you may want to consider termination of the old agreement and negotiate a new agreement with current working conditions. Even though it has expired, it extends until one of the parties to the agreement decides to terminate it.
« Last Edit: 08. May 2012 at 08:35 by Administrator »  

IP Logged

07. May 2012 at 21:16

Adnan   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

Hello friends, Secom recent took over site I am working, and I took job with them so i was not without work.  My old company paid the award, but Secom making us work $18.95 flat rate, for days nights, weekends and public holidays.  It is agreement AWA.  How is this legal? I am losing $200-400 a fortnight in pay.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print