Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
UNITED SECURITY (Read 18052 times)
Reply #10 - 28. Mar 2013 at 12:14

hadenuff   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
I have worked in Security for over 26 years...after 3 years on the North Coast, Waterfront/Coastal/SNP was an eye opener...!! I am glad that,maybe... I had a little to do with making it known what goes on up there,I lost my job(by text thanks Martin Maclean)and my super(thanks Ritchie family),but was worth IT...!!! some one needs to have the balls to stand up for the rights of guards and NOT except the crap that is being dished out...Union didn't help me SNP to smart.  Angry
I worked with some really amazing people who put up with S***T but still did their job day in day out..

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 05. Dec 2012 at 15:48

swat69   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

Certain people at SNP Sydney should also  be ducking for cover , ICAC may be knocking on their door ...

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 06. Nov 2012 at 02:14

Loki   Offline
High Level Contributor
Part of the Solution
Newcastle

United was dodging it's guards by paying a flat rate and claiming that it was approved.  Even if it was, $23p/h flat and working nights is below award.  The only way it would be approved is if it allowed for that same rate to be paid to guards working days.  Splitting the shifts between days and nights would balance what you lose at night with what you gain during the day.  They did not balance anything. 

As said before, Terry Jones and Anthony Richardson, both involved in the BSMS mess where guards were left short are again involved in United.  Martin McLean, the SNP Branch Manager that was just gently nudged into resigning from SNP after being found to have conducted himself in a corrupt manner by ICAC is also now linked to United. 

PCC Security, SNP's current primary contractor, is potentially facing investigation by FWO as I know of reports being lodged complaining about their $18p/h flat rate for guards that are employed CASUAL. 

In the 12 years I have been in security I have not known SNP Security in Newcastle to use a contractor that actually was legitimate in their dealings with the staff.  It's very safe to assume now that if a company is sub contracting to SNP, it's ripping you off somewhere along the line. 

Encourage your fellow guards who are in these positions to contact FWO and get a movement happening.  12 years is a long time for these dodgy companies to be existing (5 of those companies was 1 guy!) and unless the local guard base stands united and says that this is not good enough, then it will continue. 

Join the union, report to FWO any activity you know is illegal.  Clean up the industry.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 05. Nov 2012 at 19:08

Major Function   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Newcastle NSW

The employees on annualised salaries although getting over $50,000 a years, have just realised that they are not on a good deal. If they had worked the year on an hourly rate plus penalties they would have recieved a few thousand more.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 17. Jul 2012 at 04:49

Spectre   Offline
High Level Contributor
Unarmed Security
Victoria

Annualised Salary definition @ FWA Wink

"Folks who think profiling has no place in the world we live and believe that all folks have good intentions are called victims of violent crimes." - David Burnell
IP Logged

Reply #5 - 16. Jul 2012 at 18:36

Welsh   Offline
High Level Contributor
Gimp King
Brisbane

Major Function wrote on 15. Jul 2012 at 12:01:
our company calls 'annualised salary',

What a load of rubbish, Your 'Salary' is based over one years service anyway, Otherwise you'd have an hourly rate or rates rather then being on a 'salary' Something doesn't quiet sound right to me here.
Sounds like a trickery with the wording here, However $23 an hour for level one doesn't sound bad at all.

-Welsh
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 15. Jul 2012 at 12:01

Major Function   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Newcastle NSW

One of the people I worked with quit and moved over to United. She seemed happy there but this could be because she is getting more hours of work.

There are some employees where I work receive a flat rate which our company calls 'annualised salary', their hourly rate is over $23.00 for a level 1.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 14. Jul 2012 at 21:22

Aardvark   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Major Function,

Thanks.

I contacted a work colleague who is employed by United and the ABN provided by him from a payslip (84 152 704 124) is for United Sec Ent Pty Ltd, a slight variation from United Security Enterprises Pty Ltd (ABN 86 140 384 470).    United Sec Ent Pty Ltd was only registered on 16 August 2011.

Using this ABN (new one) still does not list any approved workplace agreements.

They are paying their permanent staff a flat rate of $21.00 per hr and casuals $21.68 per hr for any shift on any day.    This was the information provided.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 14. Jul 2012 at 20:59

Major Function   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Newcastle NSW

FWO indicated that they monitor this forum. If this is so they should act  on hearing this.
Lets see what happens.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 14. Jul 2012 at 10:37

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

Aardvark

I have tested the trading name United Security in the Fair Work Australia search page for agreements as well as searching for agreements waiting to be approved and cannot find any evidence that an agreement is in force or waiting to be approved.

If you have the ABN that appears for on the  company payslips, try using that in a search. Sometimes the trading name of the company is completely different to the name of the proprietry company.

If you or any other guards affected by the terms of this agreement find no evidence of this agreement existing and there is no union support, then convince as many guards to individually file a complaint with the Fair Work Ombudsman. 

If there is enough 'smoke' it may convince the FWO that there is actually a 'fire'.

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

13. Jul 2012 at 20:01

Aardvark   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Can anyone tell me if a workplace agreement exists for this company.

SNP on the NSW Nth Coast is handing over all of its patrols, guarding and CIT work to United as a licencee/sub-contractor (despite SNP management stating that this would not be happening).

I contacted FWA approx 6 weeks ago prior to going  on holidays and at that time, they stated that they had no knowledge of any agreement for United.

United has employed the SNP guards that effectively lost their positions with SNP when SNP began the process of transferring jobs.

At that time (and still exisiting), those guards had to sign United's workplace employment agreement, which I believe only pays a flat rate of $21 per hour for the patrol guards.   To date, none of the guards I know who have gone over to United have ever seen this agreement and nor is it shown on their payslips.    SNP management has consistently stated that United had or was in the process of getting their workplace agreement approved by FWA.    Supposedly, United are offering some other benefits but once again they are listed in the "agreement" - yet to be seen.

I read a post recently regarding United but can not find it again to respond.

The general manager based in Coffs Harbour is Terry Jones, the same person who was involved with running the BSMS/Aristocrat Security debacle, that was a sub contractor to SNP on the nth coast and failed to pay its guards when everyting went pear shaped.

I would have thought is illegal to pay below the award these days when an agreement has not been FWA approved?      SNP would also have a case to answer for using sub-contractor/licencee knowing that it had not paid its employees in accord with the award - failed in its due diligence?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print