Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
NSW Licence renewals after Nov 1st Changes 2012. (Read 8184 times)
Reply #3 - 02. Nov 2012 at 12:13

Loki   Offline
High Level Contributor
Part of the Solution
Newcastle

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Rang them today and answered my own question.

No references, no proof of residency, no proof of training if renewing your licence and making no changes to the classes. 

Cheesy Renewing your security licence finally got easy.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 01. Nov 2012 at 23:00

Loki   Offline
High Level Contributor
Part of the Solution
Newcastle

That is awesome news! 

I found out about the SLED information sessions a few days after it had already passed through Newcastle.  I got lazy checking their site for a month ... that will teach me. 

So just to confirm, if I renew my licence later this month I do NOT have to include references?

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 01. Nov 2012 at 22:28

GeorgeK   Offline
Medium Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Hi Loki.  I went to the SLED Information Session on Wednesday.  Good news!  SLED has finally been able to get the legislation changed to bring in renewals and get rid of character references.  They've put the new Regulation on their website but it was only approved by Government last week so they haven't been able to send anything out yet.  They said they're moving to a new computer system that will produce the renewals and early next year we can renew online.  No more providing all the documents again! Cool

IP Logged

01. Nov 2012 at 22:03

Loki   Offline
High Level Contributor
Part of the Solution
Newcastle

Hi guys!

I'm coming up to that time where I need to renew my licence and thought I would share my experiences since there's been some changes and perhaps someone might be helped by knowing what's going on.

Knowing that the changes came into force today I went to the SLED Website to check out the changes for the renewals and the change in fee's. I noticed that the P601 application listed which is usually what we would use to reapply does not give an option for $140/$540 renewal, but gives a $160/$640 initial application costs.

I emailed SLED asking about this and if there was a requirement for the work reference + 2 x character references because the P601 form does not have them in the checklist anymore. I got the reply:-

Quote:
On time renewal fees are $140 as of 1 November. The SLED is in the process of updating website content / forms etc. We do apologise for any inconvenience or confusion as the changes are implemented.

A 'Renewal application' is currently being developed.Until this form is available all applicants are advised to submit their renewal application using the P601 form and, if paying on time, please submit your payment for the NEW fee of $140.00, disregarding the information at Section 2.1 on the P601 form.

Nothing about the requirement for the references, but I aim to ring them tomorrow and ask about it, and I will update my post when I know more.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print