Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BAE Systems Australia Pty Ltd Garrison Support Services Enterprise Agreement (Read 6698 times)
Reply #2 - 18. Jan 2013 at 12:31

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Major Function and Welsh

I understand that this agreement was made between BAE and a number of unions. It is a very definitive agreement which leaves no grey areas and I think that each clause was studied and very little leeway given. If each condition is explained fully then there is little cause for argument and less chance of industrial action.

Major Function, I can see why this agreement interests you because it covers an employer who is primarily a Defence Force contractor similiar to your employer, however I cannot see where the organization employs security personnel but is mainly involved with warehouse, maintenance and transport.

Welsh, I can see why you have picked on the term 'employed on a week to week basis' but as I see it means permanent employee who is not on a permanent contract such as management. It also is designed to give the company major standown and redundancy powers if for some reason the situation was out of the control of BAE such as was a power strike, destruction of plant or equipment, or they lost the contract etc.

With the involvement of a number of unions, I suspect that the agreement is fair to both employee and employer. One factor in favour of the employees is a 4% increase in wages each year where the common expectation for national pay increases is between 2 to 3%. This pay increase advantage was the company's compensation for what the company wanted as stated in the paragraph above.

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 17. Jan 2013 at 20:28

Welsh   Offline
High Level Contributor
Gimp King
Brisbane

What makes me laugh here if I've read this correctly - They'll only employ persons either casual or on a week to week basis yet they expect the employee to give X weeks notice as if they were otherwise employed under a regular arrangement?

This sounds pretty shite to me reading it coming from an employees point of view.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm shocked that companies wonder why they can't find 'ideal' staff and such when this if what they're offering - I'm currently looking for a new employer and I'm finding that I can do completely unskilled labor and get paid better and have better conditions then as a security officer or Crowd controller - Go Figure.

The wider industry is a joke when it comes to what you get paid or what you can expect to get paid.

If anyone knows any Technical security installer gigs going let me know I want out of this junk.

-Welsh
IP Logged

17. Jan 2013 at 18:22

Major Function   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Newcastle NSW

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print