Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Alert Venue Security Pty Ltd/Media, Entertainment Arts Alliance (Read 4865 times)
Reply #10 - 05. Jun 2015 at 15:14

Donald Raggs   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
USA

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
I just had a quick look at the agreement. This agreement is good I thing feasible for both the parties.

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 02. Nov 2013 at 11:28

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

Welsh

I have replied by Personal Mail or PM. Let me know if you do not receive it.

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

Reply #8 - 01. Nov 2013 at 23:06

Welsh   Offline
High Level Contributor
Gimp King
Brisbane

Edited / Removed from Advice from Admin. Cheesy
« Last Edit: 02. Nov 2013 at 20:59 by Welsh »  

-Welsh
IP Logged

Reply #7 - 01. Nov 2013 at 09:20

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

Welsh

By law the company should have a copy of the agreement in a location which is accessible by employees.

Please contact the Fair Work Commission: http://www.fwc.gov.au/index.cfm?pagename=headercontact

and establish how to obtain a copy of the agreement if it exists.

Sometimes agreements are negotiated under the company name instead of the trading name and this can lead to confusion. However on your payslip there should be an ABN. Use this number to search the FWC website.

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

Reply #6 - 01. Nov 2013 at 09:06

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

Major Function

The reason you cannot find an employee signature is because no employees exist. This company and the others I have posted recently are venue security firms who hire on a casual basis. Once the gig is finished the employment finished.

The Media, Entertainment Arts Alliance is a union for the entertainment industry and is not recognized for acting on behalf of security employees.

So how does a union that is expert on conditions in the entertainment industry, profess to be an expert union dealing with security? Why was the MEDIA ENTERTAINMENT ARTS ALLIANCE allowed to represent these security employee when the union is not a recognized organization on the FWC website for these employees?

The Media, Entertainment Arts Alliance is a corrupt union which has created a sub standard Enterprise Bargaining Agreement and hawked it around to all the security companies which only employ on a casual basis. If you look at the other posts on this board I posted recently you will find that the union is the Media, Entertainment Arts Alliance and the EBAs, except for the pay rates are worded exactly the same.

All these agreements which should have not passed the 'Better Off Overall Test' when being assessed by the Fair Work Commission were approved. I complained to the Head Commissioner and he responded that they were approved and he did not have the power to disapprove them.

I complained to the then minister for employment in the LABOR government Bill Shorten and got the brush off by his department. This department has power over the Fair Work Commission and did nothing.
« Last Edit: 01. Nov 2013 at 09:22 by Administrator »  

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 31. Oct 2013 at 22:28

Welsh   Offline
High Level Contributor
Gimp King
Brisbane

I can find nothing, I'm quickly getting the impression we would be being taken for a ride.
However I've been told of one staff member that has apparent read it. Not that I can see anything on the FWA Website.

-Welsh
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 31. Oct 2013 at 22:22

Welsh   Offline
High Level Contributor
Gimp King
Brisbane

Thanks Admin, About to suss this out. Not sure if the page you've linked me to is the same that I've previously scoped out.
If I find something i'll report back.

-Welsh
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 31. Oct 2013 at 18:17

Major Function   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Newcastle NSW

I just had a quick look at the agreement. There appears to be no employee representative signature.

What were the employees doing during the negotiation. Where I work our employee representatives and the union fought hard.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 31. Oct 2013 at 10:33

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

Welsh

This is the website to check if an EBA exists: http://www.fwc.gov.au/index.cfm?pagename=agreementsfind

If you cannot find it here it does not exist. Time to report this to the Fair Work Ombudsman: http://www.fairwork.gov.au/complaints/how-to-make-a-complaint/pages/default.aspx

If it does not exist your wages and conditions are according to the Security Services Industry Award 2010: http://www.fwc.gov.au/documents/modern_awards/award/ma000016/default.htm

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 30. Oct 2013 at 21:55

Welsh   Offline
High Level Contributor
Gimp King
Brisbane

I can't even find any reference to the EBA or whatever they're calling it these days that I'm subject too.
Never seen it or read it, Yet my Employment contract & Payslips reference it alot.
I asked for it a few months back and was only provided my employment contract. FAIL

-Welsh
IP Logged

30. Oct 2013 at 13:58

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

Reference: AG2012/10819 Alert Venue Security Pty Ltd/Media, Entertainment Arts Alliance (Casual Employees) Enterprise Agreement 2012-2015

http://www.fwc.gov.au/documents/agreements/fwa/AE896722.pdf

If we apply the shift allowances and weekend loadings to the casual rate you will see how much these workers are deprived from other workers working under the pay and conditions of the Security Services Industry Award 2010

Working between the hrs 1800 to 0600 hrs:

Casual Security Officer Level 1  Casual Rate - $21.70 ph + Night Span Allowance at 21.7% - $3.89 = $25.59 minus agreement rate $22.50 = $3.09 ph worse off

Working Saturdays

Casual Security Officer Level 1  Casual Rate - $21.70 ph + Saturday Penalty Rate at 50% - $8.96 = $30.66 minus agreement rate $22.50 = $8.16 ph worse off

Working Sundays

Casual Security Officer Level 1  Casual Rate - $21.70 ph + Sunday Penalty Rate at 100% - $17.93 = $39.63 minus agreement rate $22.50 = $17.13 ph worse off

How does this agreement pass the ‘Better Off Overall Test’ when these allowances and penalties are applied?

In my opinion this processes to approve this agreement are flawed. If we take a similar agreement Bravo 1 Security Services Pty Ltd Enterprise Agreement 2012

http://www.fwc.gov.au/documents/agreements/fwa/AE897551.pdf

This agreement has been thoroughly researched by Fair Work Australia to make sure the agreement complied with ‘Better Off Overall Test’. Even though the pay rates were frozen for the period of the agreement, in the undertaking the base pay rate is higher, reflecting the average amount of wage increases over the period of the agreement. There are also undertakings to pay meal allowance and broken shift allowance. The agreement initially recognizes shift allowances and weekend penalties for which Alert Venue Security Pty Ltd/Media, Entertainment Arts Alliance (Casual Employees) Enterprise Agreement 2012-2015, after approval, does not.

In my opinion Alert Venue Security Pty Ltd/Media, Entertainment Arts Alliance (Casual Employees) Enterprise Agreement 2012-2015 is an agreement meant to defraud prospective employees, suspiciously negotiated by a union which is either incompetent or corrupt, approved by a commission process which is indifferent and inept. Angry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print