Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Monitoring Centre Training Competencies for Licence Requirements (Read 2339 times)
Reply #3 - 28. Jul 2015 at 22:01

Welsh   Offline
High Level Contributor
Gimp King
Brisbane

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
I did my monitoring back when there still was a course you have to do in QLD,

About 6 months after I did it they removed the requirement for it. Which makes it solely optional.
I didn't find the training all that great as the focus was more on building management systems than what I would have considered 'monitoring'

Little to no mention to do with Control room / Alarm monitoring and a fraction more on CCTV.
No wonder why they removed the training requirement in the first place it was practically useless.

-Welsh
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 28. Jul 2015 at 14:21

SecurityMan   Offline
Casual Contributor
Workers Unite

When I did my monitoring/control room training apart of my security operations course through an RTO, it was just a booklet. No hands on training. It was pretty disappointing.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 15. Jun 2015 at 17:28

Donald Raggs   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
USA

It will be beneficial for security of society.

IP Logged

30. Apr 2014 at 15:55

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

From ASIAL website: http://www.asial.com.au/News/News/National-%281%29/Monitoring-Centre-Training-Co...
Quote:
Following the Security Industry Regulators Forum meeting in November 2013, several jurisdictions have removed or are considering the removal of training competencies for the guarding sub-category of Monitoring Centre Operator.

New South Wales removed the training competency requirements in November 2013. South Australia will remove the training competency requirements form 1 April 2014. Western Australia has indicated that they will remove the training competencies although no date has been identified and Victoria signed off on the changes on Wednesday 5th March 2014 with a commencement date to be confirmed.

Queensland will review the requirements under the Government's regulatory burden review in 2014. Other jurisdictions have not publicly announced their position of removing the training competencies for monitoring centre operator licences.

Jurisdictions removing the training competencies for licensing of monitoring centre operators will retain probity checks for licensing purposes. Organisations employing licensed monitoring centre operators in their monitoring centres will be responsible for operator training under the Australian Standard 2201.2 -2004 Intruder Alarm Systems Part 2: Monitoring Centres.

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print