Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wilson Security calls for G20 guards (Read 4755 times)
Reply #2 - 14. Jun 2016 at 20:39

francuz1010   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
It was a very interesting event, and require a lot of effort to ensure safety.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 06. Jul 2014 at 18:09

whiteshirt   Offline
High Level Contributor

Wilson's are farming  out G20 manpower to others..
I have an induction with a  sub continent run company whose receptionist kept telling me to bring my passport to my induction, to which I kept replying" Why do I need to bring my passport when I am an Australian Citizen with a birth certificate?"  She then finally  asked me if I was an Australian Citizen....
Considering that I have worked for the manager of this company before so am wondering about their communication skills or reading on my TFN  form that I am an Australian Citizen.
I hope that they are paying correct wages and not "Indian-Student-Working-20 hours per week only supposedly-then drive taxis or work in takeaway shop style"
I also hope that Wilsons are better organised as I
have already been asked my suit size so there will be penguins all around the BNE CBD in November
Will see what happens later this week.

"Abandon all hope,ye  who enter here"
"I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6"
IP Logged

26. Jun 2014 at 11:19

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

See: http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/national/wilson-security-calls-for-g20-guards-on...
Quote:
A GROUP of private security guards is being recruited for Brisbane’s upcoming G20 summit in a multi-million-dollar Commonwealth contract.

Wilson Security is believed to be looking for about 1000 guards to be “part of the largest security operation in Australian history”.

And far from being top ­secret, the positions are being advertised as “once in a lifetime” opportunities on SEEK.

Other attractions were a “great above-award pay rate” and “meals supplied when living away from home”.

While Wilson Security would not comment, a spokesperson for the Federal Government’s G20 Taskforce confirmed the company would provide “security guarding ­services” and “security equipment” for “host year meetings culminating in the G20 leaders’ summit in November”.

“Up to $12.5 million has been budgeted for these services,” the spokesperson said.

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print