Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Risk Protection Group (Read 19227 times)
Reply #22 - 12. Mar 2017 at 13:24

Major Function   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Newcastle NSW

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Admin, I hope you post more on this.

IP Logged

Reply #21 - 08. Mar 2017 at 15:44

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

This company operates with impunity. How many investigations does it take to close them down?

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-16/melbourne-metro-train-guards-says-they-...

Quote:
Security guards that patrol Melbourne's train stations and depots claim they are being underpaid for risky and dangerous work.
Key points:

Workers claim they are being paid below the award wage
    Guards told the ABC they were docked $500 pay if vandals graffitied trains
    Metro Trains says its has launched an investigation into the claims

It is the second time a Metro Trains contractor has been accused of underpaying its mostly migrant workers.

Metro Trains confirmed to the ABC it was now investigating security contractor Risk Protection Group (RPG).

One of the guards who says he has been underpaid is Pakistani immigrant 32-year-old Qaisir Kahn, who works overnight shifts.

"[It's] quite dangerous. You don't know who's coming. You can expect anything overnight," Mr Kahn said.

He said while working at night in 2013 three intruders at a train depot tipped petrol on him and threatened to set him on fire.

"[They said] to open the gate for them so they can do the graffiti," he said.

Mr Kahn claimed guards were also being docked up to $500 pay if a train was graffitied on their watch.

Mr Kahn said when he commenced work as a train guard in 2010 he was paid a flat rate of $18 an hour, which had since increased to $22 an hour, and he did not receive penalties for weekend work or superannuation.

The award wage for a casual security guard working nights is about $30 an hour.

He approached the Fair Work Ombudsman regarding his rates of pay, but RPG refused to recognise him as an employee.

In a hearing, RPG told the Fair Work Commission Mr Kahn had never been an employee, and in fact was employed by AIG Security Services (AIG), a company it sub-contracted work to.

But the Fair Work Commission rejected that, saying he was a casual employee at RPG.

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

Reply #20 - 06. Nov 2015 at 09:37

JohnPaul   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite
Melbourne

Thanks for your reply,
Going to take me a bit of time to do it that way with around two years and a half of rosters, as well as 3 different awards (2013,2014,2015)

IP Logged

Reply #19 - 06. Nov 2015 at 09:29

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

4 hours into Mon-Fri Night and 8 hours into the Midnight Fri-Midnight Sat

Sat penalty rate is 50% and perm night shift is 30%. You are entitled to 50% after midnight Friday.

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

Reply #18 - 05. Nov 2015 at 21:23

JohnPaul   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite
Melbourne

Just regarding my spreadsheet and working out the pay difference with the calculator,
example a Friday shift with a 2000 start and a 0800 finish
would i put 12 hours into the perm nightshift or would i do 4 hours into Mon-Fri Night and 8 hours into the Midnight Fri-Midnight Sat ?
thanks for your help

IP Logged

Reply #17 - 29. Oct 2015 at 13:34

JohnPaul   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite
Melbourne

I have got all my rosters by email and no I never submitted a invoice once, I have spoken to fair work and they said it's a tricky case as it falls under under payments as well as sham contracting, they said to do a letter of demand then take legal action

I've already done the spread sheet and was just needing advice to find out the difference with pay

IP Logged

Reply #16 - 29. Oct 2015 at 12:13

dreadman   Offline
High Level Contributor
Security Service Industry
Award 2010, I cant even.

I would also recommend that you report them to LRD... I have written to LRD several times about this company, but they always go unnoticed. As admin said, contact the fairwork ombudsman first. That is your best bet than going on your own. There has to be some dodgy operations happening if they are able to get away with it for this long. Also report them to the ATO. Luckily you have confirmed what I have written about them in the past, I think it is time to write to the government ombudsman since the LRD is useless...

"The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow." - Jim Hightower
IP Logged

Reply #15 - 29. Oct 2015 at 10:51

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

mikey93

What paper work do you have showing the hours worked and when? Were you expected under an ABN to submit an invoice to Risk Protection Group?

I would employ a spreadsheet and enter the details of the hours worked, what you were paid and do a workout of what you should have been paid. Subtract to obtain the difference and add up the difference.

The first authority to contact is the Fair Work Ombudsman by phone and explain what has happened and what you need to do for them to pursue your case. They should be your only avenue of recompense. Taking RPG to court could prove expensive.

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 28. Oct 2015 at 17:22

JohnPaul   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite
Melbourne

Hi all,
i worked for this company for around two years, it was my first ever real job (so i thought at the time),
Long story short im now with another Security company working on a TFN,
im around roughly 75k (before tax and supper) short from this sham contracting company and am considering taking them to court,

how would be the best way to work out the pay that ive missed out on, Pay Calculator on this website?
example 12 hour shift Friday night 2000-0800, would i do 4 hours in the perm night section followed by 8 hours in the Friday midnight to Sat midnight?

thanks for your help   Embarrassed  Huh

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 29. Oct 2014 at 22:15

dreadman   Offline
High Level Contributor
Award 2010, I cant even.

I see their sign outside on the fence area of my local train station. Makes me want to print some flyers and post them on their sign that says, "We do Sham Contracting. Ask us how. Call......" Or, "Here at Risk Protection Group we pay guards a flat rate of 18 dollars a hour. How do we do it? We make them get an ABN. Also, they are responsible for paying their own taxes, super, and liability insurance."

"The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow." - Jim Hightower
IP Logged

Reply #12 - 14. Oct 2014 at 09:23

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

Australian Securities & Investments Commission Details:
Name:      RISK PROTECTION GROUP PTY. LTD.
ACN:      081 590 678
ABN:      81 081 590 678
Registration date:      10/02/1998
Next review date:      10/02/2015
Former name(s):      HEADSTART PRIMARY EDUCATION CONSULTING PTY. LTD.

Type:      Australian Proprietary Company, Limited By Shares
Locality of registered office:      SEVILLE VIC 3139

Business name      From
RPG INTERNATIONAL      23 May 2013
INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT      27 Apr 2013
NATIONAL ACADEMY OF TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT      27 Apr 2013
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT      27 Apr 2013
RPG TRAINING      19 Mar 2013
RPG TACTICAL      16 Mar 2013
RPG SECURITY      17 May 2012      

If you are working or have worked for Risk Protection Group then check what you have been paid with what you should have been paid under the Security Services Award 2010.

Pay calculator is at: http://www.ausecurityworker.com/calculator.html

If you are working or have worked for Risk Protection Group, then if you have not been paid according to the SSIA rates, make a complaint to the Fair Work Ombudsman. See: http://www.fairwork.gov.au/How-we-will-help/How-we-help-you/help-resolving-workp...

You will receive a big windfall in the form of back pay, more than you will ever earn on the pokies.  Cool See what others have gained. http://www.fairwork.gov.au/About-us/news-and-media-releases/2014-media-releases
« Last Edit: 07. Dec 2014 at 17:30 by Administrator »  

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 08. Oct 2014 at 21:20

dreadman   Offline
High Level Contributor
Award 2010, I cant even.

http://www.riskprotectiongroup.com.au/

According to Part 1, section 5 of the Security Service Industry Award 2010 States;
5. Access to the award and the National Employment Standards:

The employer must ensure that copies of this award and the NES are available to all employees to whom they apply either on a noticeboard which is conveniently located at or near the workplace or through electronic means, whichever makes them more accessible.

When I was doing training in their facilities, this was no where to be found.

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 06. Oct 2014 at 09:22

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

Dreadman

The Licence and Registration Division would probably be interested but unless there is some legislation regarding issuing and maintaining a contractor licence that requires the contractor to employ rather than sub contract then they will take no action.

Most security contactors do sub contract but doing it with a sham contract is illegal.

The only legislation I know about where sham contracting is illegal is the Fair Work Act 2009 and that is policed by the Fair Work Ombudsman.

Thanks for raising your concerns on this forum. It is why I started the forum to alert security workers to the rogue companies out there.

Dont think you are shouting into the wilderness by posting on this forum. If you do a google search for Risk Protection Group you will find this forum thread at postion 30 at present after most of the company's web pages and employment pages.

There is a good probability that someone researching Risk Protection Group will find this thread and realize what scam this company is engaged in.  Wink

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 05. Oct 2014 at 21:41

dreadman   Offline
High Level Contributor
Award 2010, I cant even.

Hello,

I was just wondering if would be a good idea to contact the Licence and Registration Division(responsible body that issues security licences in Victoria)?

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 02. Oct 2014 at 10:18

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

Major Function

It would have to be proven that Metro Trains provided an unsafe work environment for this litigation action to be successful.

A security officer working under an ABN would not  most likely have any income protection insurance. A security sub contractor's job working on Metro Trains property is to confront those damaging property and there is an inherent risk of being injured doing the job.

This is why companies employ security contractors to do the job rather than employ security personnel so as to avoid any liability for injury to its workers. Metro Trains property would be classed as a safe workplace because they have their own staff moving around the property during the day and night and any unsafe aspects would have been resolved.

It would be written into the security contract that Metro Trains has with Risk Protection Group that the contractor absolves the company from any liability.

There is only one avenue for a sub contractor who is working on a sham contract and is injured to attempt to sue without enormous personal cost to themselves and that is through a no win no fee law firm. Search the internet for any case like this and see how many were successful.

Anyone reading this who is contemplating working under a sham contract please read the webpage: http://ausecurityworker.com/sham_contracting.html

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print