Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MSS Security (Read 5375 times)
Reply #2 - 06. Nov 2015 at 15:58

dreadman   Offline
High Level Contributor
Security Service Industry
Award 2010, I cant even.

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
From the looks of it, MSS Security did a lot deceiving and dirty tricks to get this collective agreement approved for Victoria. The FWC failed to do its duty to look out for its people(the tax payer) to make sure the agreement passed the BOOT test. This is why they are able to get away by paying employees a flat rate of 31$ for special events.

Source:https://www.fwc.gov.au/documents/documents/agreements/fwa/AE400199.pdf

These are there current pay rates, but they do not apply for special events such as the cup carnival.

I cannot believe that idiot employees voted for such agreement. I can from experience, verify that most are casuals and do not give a damn. So I would not be surprise that they hire extra people and paid them 500$ bonus to vote yes. Also, most of them, do not have a great command of the English language. How did they manage to get a security licence? Who knows.... Shocked

"The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow." - Jim Hightower
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 19. Dec 2014 at 08:15

Warlord   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

I doubt Java Security could supply the manpower required for the Spring Carnival on their own.
They'd have to engage subcontractors of their own, for an even lesser hourly amount.

If you're worried about the quality at $23 per hour what do you reckon you'll get at $15 per hour? Shocked

No one company can supply their own staff in such numbers for such events over such periods of time.

Sub-contracting is a necessary evil in Security unfortunately. More so nowadays also in that many clients want bottom dollar prices.

« Last Edit: 19. Dec 2014 at 08:16 by Warlord »  
IP Logged

21. Nov 2014 at 15:20

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

I have been told that MSS Security sub contracted Java Security ABN: 71 798 675 243 to perform security at the Melbourne Cup 2014. These security guards were paid at a flat rate of $23 per hour. The current rate for casuals working on a public holiday $57.23 per hour.

I wonder how much Victoria Racing Club paid MSS for security. They sure did not get 'the highest calibre security personnel' that MSS advertise to supply clients. Just a bunch of desperate people with security licences. The VRC should have gone to Java Security and contracted with them and saved heaps.  Wink

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print