Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
GRI Global Staffing Solutions (Read 11636 times)
Reply #8 - 01. Jun 2015 at 23:11

dreadman   Offline
High Level Contributor
Security Service Industry
Award 2010, I cant even.

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Well this company got busted in Brisbane. See this link:http://www.fairwork.gov.au/about-us/news-and-media-releases/2015-media-releases/...

It is only matter of time before they get taken to court in Victoria.

"The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow." - Jim Hightower
IP Logged

Reply #7 - 12. Mar 2015 at 10:37

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

Bullzi42 wrote on 11. Mar 2015 at 21:14:
Hi Admin, how does one search to see if a company has public liability insurance?

There is no way an individual can search to see if a company has Public Liability Insurance. It is up to the Licencing authorities to confirm that they have this insurance when they grant them or renew their licence. You can bet that they do not have Public Liability Insurance if they are sham contracting because this is one way of reducing the cost of employment.

They may however have Public Liability Insurance but declaring only a small number of employees when in fact they may employ a small number of employees for appearance reasons. The remainder of the workforce is contracted under sham contracts.

I finally found this company's Security Business Licence being 796-361-60S. It cannot be searched if you search for 'GRI' if you search for 'Global', it appears. See: https://www.police.vic.gov.au/lars/lars.asp?File=/Components/Screens/PSINFP03/PS...

I have looked at this company's website application for employment. They are so brazen they ask for an ABN on the form as well as the applicant consenting to $100 uniform bond.
« Last Edit: 12. Mar 2015 at 11:02 by Administrator »  

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

Reply #6 - 11. Mar 2015 at 21:46

dreadman   Offline
High Level Contributor
Security Service Industry
Award 2010, I cant even.

Bullzi42 wrote on 11. Mar 2015 at 21:14:
GRI looked like a casting couch office from redtube

HAHAHA, that is classic mate!

Hey mate until Admin get back to you- you should read this post:  http://ausecurityworker.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1415527484

I think it might answer some questions.

"The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow." - Jim Hightower
IP Logged

Reply #5 - 11. Mar 2015 at 21:14

Bullzi42   Offline
Casual Contributor
Workers Unite

Hi Admin, how does one search to see if a company has public liability insurance?

GRI looked like a casting couch office from redtube.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 11. Mar 2015 at 09:55

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

Bullzi42

Your post in time will appear in search engines after some days when someone searches for GRI Global Staffing Solutions. It may be an employee or ex employee who is willing to report this firm. They will have the evidence to allow either the FWO or ATO to proceed with a case.

In the meantime, making a complaint via telephone as to your experiences in identifying sham contracting to the FWO or ATO allows them to build a file on these companies. When a sufficient number of complaints are on file which are not evidence based, then these agencies may decide that sham contracting does exist and investigate these security firms.

Your post here will alert others that GRI Global Staffing Solutions is a sham contractor and they may not waste time replying to their ads.

Companies who contract to GRI Global Staffing Solutions would be interested to know that this company does not have Public Liability Insurance. This means that any action by a guard that leads to litigation and monetary compensation cannot be satisfied by GRI Global Staffing Solutions or by the sub contracted guard.

It is for this reason that reporting them if they are a Victorian or NSW company to the Licensing Department (LRD or SLED) will be handled with some urgency. This is because if you are a sub contractor in these states, you must obtain a Security Business or Masters Licence. The requirements of having a business licence is that you have Public Liability Insurance which most sub contractors under sham contracting arrangements do not have.

If more security workers were more aware of this regulation and the subsequent consequences, then it would make it much harder for these sham contractors to engage people. Wink

GRI Global Staffing Solutions

ABN 33 139 106 004

Level 4, Suite 16 70 Racecourse Road North Melbourne. 3051

GRI Global Staffing Solutions operates in Victoria but I cannot find any LRD Security Business Licence registration. I am sure LRD would be most interested. Cheesy

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 10. Mar 2015 at 18:09

Welsh   Offline
High Level Contributor
Gimp King
Brisbane

Mob I've recently wasted an ass load of time with is in QLD, Might call the ATO tomorrow and lodge a complaint.

-Welsh
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 10. Mar 2015 at 10:53

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

If all of the forum members want to eliminate those companies employing under sham contracting conditions, then take the time to report them to the Australian Tax Office https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/Employee-or-contractor/In-detail/Report-a-busine...,

the Fair Work Ombudsman http://www.fairwork.gov.au/find-help-for/independent-contractors

and in Victoria to the State Revenue Office http://www.sro.vic.gov.au/sro/sronav.nsf/Home+Page/SRO~Home+Page?open

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 09. Mar 2015 at 22:38

Welsh   Offline
High Level Contributor
Gimp King
Brisbane

Thought ABN work in VIC was illegal without a firms license?

-Welsh
IP Logged

09. Mar 2015 at 19:20

Bullzi42   Offline
Casual Contributor
Workers Unite

By the owners own admission on the companies website which he has his name on as the web site creator, they employ over 1000 highly trained guards Australia wide.

Interesting as during an interview I told the interviewer to cut the BS and tell me how much they were paying.
His response was this.
"You will need and A.B.N, we pay $20 per hour Monday to Friday"

At this point I leant across the table and snatched my resume off him telling him that sham contracting was illegal and the LRD have made this very clear to all companies.
I then told him I would be notifying LRD of their actions to which he replied
"Ill let the boss know"

SHAM CONTRACTORS
« Last Edit: 11. Mar 2015 at 09:40 by Administrator »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print