Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wilson Security (Read 2398 times)
Reply #1 - 20. Mar 2015 at 23:20

dreadman   Offline
High Level Contributor
Security Service Industry
Award 2010, I cant even.

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
http://uniglobalunion.org/news/time-justice-give-mary-job-security

Quote:
Proud United Voice member Mary Moles has worked at the Hobart Magistrates Court for 21 years as a Security Officer, and has been told that as of next week her employment cannot be secured.

During her employment and over the life of multiple tenders, Mary has always been a permanent, full-time worker. As of today, Friday 20th of March, Wilson Security takes over the tender for the Hobart and Launceston Courts.

Wilson has refused to keep Mary and her coworkers on permanent full time and have only offered a casual position. When they asked why, there was no answer.

Many other guards are in a similar position to Mary, and they are rallying behind her.  Mary has serviced the Tasmanian courts for 21 years; she deserves better.

Mary is now faced with insecure and precarious work, making her weekly budget unpredictable. It is not surprising that Mary is stressed and anxious about her future.

I have been at the Courts 21 years, I feel so disappointed. I love my job, and I just want to be able to pay my mortgage. This makes me wonder how I will pay my bills and if I will be able to find other work.

UNI Global Union asks you to join with Mary and ask Wilson Security to honour long-serving court guards by keeping their job security and employment status intact:

1.       Tweet #ISupportMary and tag @WilsonSecurity;

2.       Sign this petition;

3.       Share this story on Facebook and Twitter

"The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow." - Jim Hightower
IP Logged

20. Mar 2015 at 23:19

dreadman   Offline
High Level Contributor
Security Service Industry
Award 2010, I cant even.

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
http://uniglobalunion.org/news/australian-security-company-silences-union-repres...

Quote:
Australian security company, Wilson Security have been exposed trying to silence workers standing up for their rights!

For eight months elected delegates of United Voice have been diligently attending negotiations with Victoria's largest private security contractor, trying to reach a fair new union agreement. After eight months of attacks and stalling by Wilson, security officers have been forced to file for protected strike action.

In response to the strike notice Wilson are preventing elected representatives from attending negotiations and standing up for their co-workers!

This is unacceptable and anti-union behaviour! Guards have a right to have their concerns heard and playing games with hard-working delegates is disrespectful to your entire workforce. UNI Global Union is calling on Wilson Security to do the right thing: respect the union representative and negotiate a fair deal for security guards.

Meanwhile, in Tasmania the company is taking away job security from longer serving guards at the courts.

"The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow." - Jim Hightower
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print