Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Group 2 Security Newcastle / Grant Elliott Security Services pty ltd (Read 6168 times)
Reply #3 - 01. Apr 2015 at 07:38

Arthur   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
I've heard of most of these Admin and I think most have gone out of business or moved out of the area. MSS are still in the area, I worked for them myself for a lot of years and didn't mind them- I know others don't like them but I thought they were OK compared to what we are used to in the area. Verifact I've heard of but don't know that much about. Protek I've heard of but thought they were called Protect Security? Eagle Security used to do mostly pub work and paid 16 or 17 dollars an hour flat rate- I think they're gone now too. SNP are very active in the area as are Newcastle Security Centre (NSC) which is Mr Elliott's main provider of work. I believe SNP owns NSC but I could be wrong.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 31. Mar 2015 at 11:32

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

Arthur

This post comes from a member who posted in 2013 about Newcastle security companies. Have you had any dealings with these companies. I tried to find some of these company's Masters Security Licences but they are not presently licenced.

Squeak wrote on 22. Feb 2013 at 15:48:
Quote:
I have been an employee of SNP for 10 years now and over that time I have been hard on them in what I expect and over the last two years I have been impressed to see them rise to be one of the only companies I know of, that pay the Modern Award for Security.

Of the companies I have worked for in the Newcastle and Hunter area, the only ones who haven't paid Award have been SNP sub-contractors.

The good guys were Verifact Security, Knightguard Security, Hunter Property Protection and MSS Security coz they were all paying Award when I worked for them at various times over the last 2 years.

The one's who didn't pay award were Group 2 Security, Grant Elliott Security Services, K9 Security, Nelson Security, KE Security, GPS Security, International Secuirty Services, Eagle Central Coast Security, KATT Security and Protek Security. All of those were...suprise suprise...SNP Subcontractors.

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 29. Mar 2015 at 13:20

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

GRANT ELLIOTT SECURITY SERVICES PTY LTD

GROUP 2 SECURITY NETWORK

ABN:      71 107 201 052

NSW Masters Licence Number: 408884444
Grant John Elliott (Nominated Person)

PO BOX 3116 Singleton NSW 2330 Australia
18 Konara Cres Fletcher NSW 2287

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

29. Mar 2015 at 09:09

Arthur   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Quote:
Prosecution is a costly business and FWO do not prosecute unless the company blatantly refuses to comply with the regulations. Most times it is an 'educational process' they go through with the company and hopefully this remedies the situation.

I know of people who have been able to recover money owed through FWO, but the process is flawed from the very start. An example would be that there's a bloke who trades under the name Group 2 Security Newcastle (company name Grant Elliott Security Services PTY LTD) and he brags about how even if he gets caught it's effectively just an interest free loan that he has to pay back- often at his terms. He's been caught by FWO before, but even if he gets caught again it's only a scrape off the surface of what he has gotten away with . This tosser isn't the only one, either, and they're the reason the industry is in the state it is.

The whole process needs to be looked at again, and those who repeatedly abuse the system should be deemed unfit directors.

Quote:
The FWO media releases do not publicly name offenders, only the ones where the company has been taken to court.

Naming and shaming companies who defraud workers on this forum is the only effective deterrent I can see. A separate post on this forum with the title of the company will eventually climb the search engine ratings and appear near to the company's website when searching the company name. Hopefully prospective employees and clients will discover that these companies are untrustworthy to deal with. Angry

Arthur, it might time to post a separate post on Group 2 and Grant Elliott. If he is a serial offender, see if reporting him to SLED will have any effect. Maybe a loss of company licence will put him out of business.

Thanks for the guidance admin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print