Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Work wanted; newly renewed licence (Read 7391 times)
Reply #26 - 14. Jun 2016 at 20:33

francuz1010   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Ideally, search portals of work, a lot of offers.

IP Logged

Reply #25 - 26. Jul 2015 at 23:55

Welsh   Offline
High Level Contributor
Gimp King
Brisbane

$24 a few years ago would have been good, the causal day rate now is $24.28

Anyway bed time for me, don't want to be a zombie tomorrow like I was today

-Welsh
IP Logged

Reply #24 - 26. Jul 2015 at 23:52

SecurityMan   Offline
Casual Contributor
Workers Unite

Welsh wrote on 26. Jul 2015 at 23:46:
They do that so they can pay you less - which is a joke because you'd still have to have your security license

The best part is the hands off policies as a security officer. I mean, why even hire a security officer? You might as well just hire a janitor, it would be more constructive.

I was being paid $24 an hour before penalty rates (nighttime, weekend etc) so I wasn't complaining... that much.

IP Logged

Reply #23 - 26. Jul 2015 at 23:46

Welsh   Offline
High Level Contributor
Gimp King
Brisbane

They do that so they can pay you less - which is a joke because you'd still have to have your security license

-Welsh
IP Logged

Reply #22 - 26. Jul 2015 at 23:43

SecurityMan   Offline
Casual Contributor
Workers Unite

I'm hoping to get out of the security industry in a few years and either into federal policing, intelligence or defence when I finish up at university. I do agree that the industry is more or less a joke these days.

A few years ago when working retail security, I wasn't even considered a security officer but rather a customer service officer which was my official job title. That is because of unnecessary bureaucracy where they'd rather us not conduct actual security duties but rather play receptionist.
« Last Edit: 26. Jul 2015 at 23:43 by SecurityMan »  
IP Logged

Reply #21 - 26. Jul 2015 at 23:37

Welsh   Offline
High Level Contributor
Gimp King
Brisbane

Personally I feel the "Manpower" facite of the Australian Security Industry a total joke.

I've been working towards getting into Technical security over the past 3 years, More so in the past 12 months since the GLNG project I was previously on wrapped up.

-Welsh
IP Logged

Reply #20 - 26. Jul 2015 at 23:34

SecurityMan   Offline
Casual Contributor
Workers Unite

Welsh wrote on 26. Jul 2015 at 23:30:
SecurityMan wrote on 26. Jul 2015 at 23:25:
Speaking of Brisbane / Ipswich, Trident Security looks half-decent.

Can't say I've heard good or bad things about them. So I'd go with there a better option and Good Vs. Being Bad.

I kick myself in the arse for not applying to the AFP when they advertised some security positions back in May. Definitely would have been better than whatever normal security can offer.  Undecided

IP Logged

Reply #19 - 26. Jul 2015 at 23:30

Welsh   Offline
High Level Contributor
Gimp King
Brisbane

SecurityMan wrote on 26. Jul 2015 at 23:25:
Speaking of Brisbane / Ipswich, Trident Security looks half-decent.

Can't say I've heard good or bad things about them. So I'd go with there a better option and Good Vs. Being Bad.

-Welsh
IP Logged

Reply #18 - 26. Jul 2015 at 23:25

SecurityMan   Offline
Casual Contributor
Workers Unite

Welsh wrote on 26. Jul 2015 at 23:20:
MSS if you want to play there games and deal with there incompetence when it arises.
I have a mate that works for MSS and he said he's been really happy with them. I've personally never worked for them so I can't comment directly.

SNP - Never heard a good thing about them, But I've also never spoken with someone that's worked directly for them.
So again a rather useless bias'd view.

Serco - Good luck getting a job with them to start with unless you know someone.

Wilson - I had a interview with them back in 2013 and I found them hard to take seriously.
But I'd say they're likely a better option.

Southern Cross if you want to do patrol work go nuts.

No idea / never heard of Charter.

I'm in Brisbane / Ipswich specifically so I'd likely be able to tell you the ones to avoid but as you have ZERO interest in Crowd control work you've already got that base covered Wink

Yup, won't do crowdy work. I value my life more than that, I don't consider the pay to be worth risking being king-hit by someone upset that they got rejected from entry into the venue or ejected. No thank you.

Speaking of Brisbane / Ipswich, Trident Security looks half-decent. I hear from multiple sources that the company is being professional and the owner demands his staff maintain the reputation.

« Last Edit: 26. Jul 2015 at 23:26 by SecurityMan »  
IP Logged

Reply #17 - 26. Jul 2015 at 23:20

Welsh   Offline
High Level Contributor
Gimp King
Brisbane

MSS if you want to play there games and deal with there incompetence when it arises.
I have a mate that works for MSS and he said he's been really happy with them. I've personally never worked for them so I can't comment directly.

SNP - Never heard a good thing about them, But I've also never spoken with someone that's worked directly for them.
So again a rather useless bias'd view.

Serco - Good luck getting a job with them to start with unless you know someone.

Wilson - I had a interview with them back in 2013 and I found them hard to take seriously.
But I'd say they're likely a better option.

Southern Cross if you want to do patrol work go nuts.

No idea / never heard of Charter.

I'm in Brisbane / Ipswich specifically so I'd likely be able to tell you the ones to avoid but as you have ZERO interest in Crowd control work you've already got that base covered Wink

-Welsh
IP Logged

Reply #16 - 26. Jul 2015 at 23:13

SecurityMan   Offline
Casual Contributor
Workers Unite

Welsh wrote on 26. Jul 2015 at 22:45:
SecurityMan wrote on 26. Jul 2015 at 22:21:
I'm also trying to find work now that I'm interested in working again after taking a break

Where are you looking? If you're in BNE i'll tell you who to avoid like the plague.

Yeah I'm in BNE. Not interested in venue crowdy work, haven't done it since I first got licensed many years ago and don't ever want to do it again. RSA has expired, never renewing it. Ever.

Without revealing who I applied to publicly, the walls have ears, I have applied to the QLD state government to work as a security officer for a few of their departments and a few other major companies that I'm aware pay more than $18 an hour and pay penalty rates.

Is MSS, SNP, Serco, Wilson, Southern Cross and Charter any good in QLD? Do you recommend any companies up here?

« Last Edit: 26. Jul 2015 at 23:14 by SecurityMan »  
IP Logged

Reply #15 - 26. Jul 2015 at 22:45

Welsh   Offline
High Level Contributor
Gimp King
Brisbane

SecurityMan wrote on 26. Jul 2015 at 22:21:
I'm also trying to find work now that I'm interested in working again after taking a break

Where are you looking? If you're in BNE i'll tell you who to avoid like the plague.

-Welsh
IP Logged

Reply #14 - 26. Jul 2015 at 22:21

SecurityMan   Offline
Casual Contributor
Workers Unite

Wilson's, SECURECorp, Trident Security and SNP has been recently hiring in Brisbane too.

I'm also trying to find work now that I'm interested in working again after taking a break from it all, hopefully will land something as I have several years of experience.  Tongue

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 30. Jun 2015 at 00:55

Welsh   Offline
High Level Contributor
Gimp King
Brisbane

All depends when the big companies are chasing workers. When then NEED staff they'll hire anyone.
When they don't they're epic picky. When I was working on the GLNG project I was suprer surprised how 1/2 the people on the project got hired in the first place.

MSS are REALLY hit and miss from what I've seen as well. I've known a number of people be rejected for the most simple crap it's just pants on head retarted. I have a mate that is always trying to get me to join MSS, I'm like nah I'm good aye Smiley

-Welsh
IP Logged

Reply #12 - 29. Jun 2015 at 15:34

dreadman   Offline
High Level Contributor
Security Service Industry
Award 2010, I cant even.

From my experience, just ride the waves for now, once you have 6 months experience, you can get work with those big companies.

"The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow." - Jim Hightower
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print