Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Question re mobile patrol (Read 939 times)
Reply #2 - 26. Apr 2017 at 12:24

Jimi Morkel   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Hello sam,
May be , you can work as static guards instead of working mobile patrols

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 02. Apr 2017 at 09:23

Administrator   Offline
Administrator
Dob in a Dodgy Operator
Australia

Tim

Check out the posts in the Patrol Guard board: http://ausecurityworker.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=PatrolGuard

Mobile Patrol is not a cushy job. Depending on your employer, you may have unrealistic patrol schedules to meet. You will be called to do alarm response and this can be a bit unnerving if you are not familiar with the premises.

My preference is static guard work where you can make yourself familiar with your workplace.

Ah! Working in Security where finding the real thief could be your employer. Now is the time to check your super account.
IP Logged

26. Mar 2017 at 13:48

Tim   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

Hi guys/girls

Im looking to get my security license with the view to find employment in mobile patrols.

As someone who knows nothing of how the industry works, what are my chances of finding employment strictly in mobile patrol?

I am currently a night shift taxi driver and have been for 8 years. I would like a break from drunks so am not interested in door work. I am also not interested in working shopping centres etc.

I guess what I am asking is, will an employer hire a new guard strictly for patrol duties? Or as a new guard, would I be expected to fullfil any role that may need filling. Door, shopping centres etc.

Thanks for your time
Tim

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print