Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wilson Security in a spot of bother in WA. (Read 704 times)
Reply #7 - 16. Sep 2018 at 13:17

Major Function   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Newcastle NSW

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
OlinLes, I am a part time employee and I work 37 hours a week Mon-Thurs. If I am called into to work on any other day (Fri, Sat or Sun) I am paid OT. So yes the positives are better.
We need to be paid by the award and not let employers fiddle with it.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 13. Sep 2018 at 21:18

OlinLes   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

Do you guys think the positives still outweigh the negatives at this point?

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 22. Jun 2018 at 15:39

Bear   Offline
Casual Contributor
Workers Unite

Hi All
Massive pay rise for MSS SECURITY OFFICERS working in South Australia's public sector ( Adelaide's Queen Elizabeth Hospital). 17% that's SEVENTEEN Percent increase in their pay. Well done to United Voice and their members for this fantastic result. Hopefully this will have some sort of flow on effect in other states. Join a Union and fight for your wages and conditions. That's the only way things will change. Or are you happy with the piss ant $10 a week tax cut for you???? And a $10,000 pay rise for a Politician. What a joke......

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 20. Jun 2018 at 21:00

Major Function   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Newcastle NSW

MSS NSW pay OT on a Sunday for people working a 4 x 4 roster. OT is paid on 2 Sundays mid cycle of the roster instead of at the end of the roster. Wilsons do a similar thing and I had heard that Wilsons were take to the Fair Work Commission over it.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 20. Jun 2018 at 10:21

Warlord   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

Major Function wrote on 05. Jun 2018 at 17:58:
Has anyone heard how Wilson's are going fighting the OT issue of when is it applied to a roster.

No idea sorry.

I do know that MSS Security did away with that silly 'Voluntary Overtime (VOT)' matter though. I never understood how the Union agreed with that over successive agreements.
It is now simply OT if it is anything above your normal rostered fortnightly hours, as it should be.

You once had to do your normal hours, then anything extra was VOT, only once you exceeded the VOT hours (around 20 hours from memory) only then would you get the OT rate.

It was ridiculous. So you could do a 76 hour fortnight, then do additional hours only for it not to be classed at OT but VOT. Angry

Then when you finally did become eligible for OT rates they wouldn't let you work any extras and would magically be able to cover the shifts by other means.

« Last Edit: 20. Jun 2018 at 10:22 by Warlord »  
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 05. Jun 2018 at 17:58

Major Function   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite
Newcastle NSW

Has anyone heard how Wilson's are going fighting the OT issue of when is it applied to a roster.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 01. Jun 2018 at 08:39

Warlord   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

News article on the same matter.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/at-work/proof-security-guards-dont-do-what-...

Anyone been around long enough to remember the original MSS Security patrols being slapped down in the 90's for a similar patrols matter?

Second part of the article goes on to some other problems arising for Wilson Security in Victoria.
« Last Edit: 01. Jun 2018 at 08:41 by Warlord »  
IP Logged

30. May 2018 at 16:03

Warlord   Offline
High Level Contributor
Workers Unite

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print