Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Australian Security Worker

Return to Website Recent Posts HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterBroadcast Message to Admin(s)  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking at getting into security (Read 61 times)
Reply #2 - 12. Jul 2018 at 00:57

Mungo   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Thanks Dreadman I appreciate the help.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 09. Jul 2018 at 15:51

dreadman   Offline
High Level Contributor
Security Service Industry
Award 2010, I cant even.

1. Research what is the minimum requirement to acquire a security license. Here in Victoria, level 2 is enough and level three if you want to be an armed guard.

2. From my experience, no. Most sites have their own first aiders. Unless the role you are applying for requires it.

3. If you are lucky, you can get mon-fri 40 hour weeks. If the site is open 24 hours, you more than likely be in a rotating shift so your employer avoids paying the loading for permanent night shift. Some sites are 12 hour shift varying from 3-4 days a week.

4. Depends on the site. Some places you will on your butt all day and occasionally have to walk. Some places you will on your feet all day either walking or static. 

5. Can you do more than using a web browser? Can you type, use excel, learn new computer programs that are complex and don’t feel intimidated by them.
« Last Edit: 09. Jul 2018 at 15:54 by dreadman »  

"The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow." - Jim Hightower
IP Logged

07. Jul 2018 at 20:13

Mungo   Offline
New Contributor
Workers Unite

Hi, I'm 21 and looking at getting into unarmed security in Brisbane QLD. I have a few questions about the industry, hopefully you can help me out.  Smiley

1. should i complete a certificate 2 or should i do a certificate 3 in security operations? does it make much of a difference in getting employed ?

2. Is having advanced first aid skills something employers would like to see on a resume ?

3. What are the job rosters like days on/ off and shift lengths ?

4. What are the physical expectations ?

5. What do the employers mean by advanced computer literacy on the job advertisements ?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print